Become a Patron!

Geekvape Athena Information

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thinking ahead before stripping the mod down I thought it might be a good idea to get a spare positive contact bar. I looked a few different times here and there online. The results all pointed toward buying a new kit.

Then, I thought it would be a good idea to contact the manufacture. I don't mind paying say up to $5 to $7 for a part for a mechanical mod, especially if it is for functionality. Thought it better to have a spare just in case.

Well I'll quote the manufacture's ticket response.

Hello, Benbadge72

Thanks so much for your supports.

But this product has been stopped production for a long time, so we do not have any stock of it. You can choose other products in our webiste.
https://www.geekvape.com/

Thanks for your time and patience.

So I reckon if you lose or happen to break the fire bar for this mod the manufacture tells you to choose another product. Great joy of joys. I'm sure someone will likely mod a fire bar to sell, figuring someone like Fat Daddy's maybe, or Kidney Puncher.

I just see now Smok isn't the only company not offering back end support. Thought I would share this information.

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unfortunately this is common for any product once it's no longer produced.
Also part of why I laugh when anyone mentions the words "lifetime guarantee" with a mod (or chipset).
More like "lifetime of our business" which is about to go to Hell in the US.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Unfortunately this is common for any product once it's no longer produced.

I about expected as much too. Might have been nice to think a manufacture got behind what they produced. It was good they at least responded. *chuckles*

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This is unfortunate news as I like Geekvape products very much. I also own several so it is disappointing to hear of your situation as it could easily be me.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Geekvape-Athena-Squonk-Mod-Internals-Canada-570x570.jpg

The piece at the bottom under the squonk bottle. It is where the positive contact rests, goes up the side to close the circuit when the button is pushed. It's a metal bar.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Geekvape-Athena-Squonk-Mod-Internals-Canada-570x570.jpg

The piece at the bottom under the squonk bottle. It is where the positive contact rests, goes up the side to close the circuit when the button is pushed. It's a metal bar.
I use strips of 99% silver (sold for jewelry and crafts) and just trim them down and use the old contact to form the shape of the new one. Copper strips are also easily aquired and much cheaper than silver.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a couple Athenas which I also like very much.

The contact strip is what I thought you were referring to and I was going exactly where @Syythe went. I've never done it myself, but I've seen numerous people create and or replace this type of part in various box mechs. It seems fairly trivial actually. You should be able to do it.

VU Sponsors