Become a Patron!

GeekVape Bident Pod System

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground menbers, In this review i take a look at the Bident Pod System from Geekvape. The Bident Pod System was supplied for the purpose of this review by Carrie from Geekvape.

https://www.geekvape.com/project/bident-pod/

Introduction

Here we have another pod system this time from Geekvape called the Bident. The Bident is claimed to have the first dual coil pods (wouldn't know for certain) and comes with both a 1.2ohm pod said to be for MTL and a 0.8ohm for DL. The standard pods hold 3.5ml of e-liquid while their is also a TPD version with 2ml capacity pods. The device houses a reasonable sized 950mAh battery and supports USB Type C allowing it to be charged in just 45 minutes. The device has 3 different voltage settings and also gives battery status indication, let's have a closer look!

In The Box

Contents:

1 x Geekvape Bident Kit (0.8ohm pod pre-installed)
1 x Extra Pod 1.2ohm
1 x Type-C Cable
1 x User Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

I received the Bident in all Black sample packaging so yours would differ, i also received just the main included items of device, both pods and type C USB Cable. I received the Black Carbon Fiber version which i find rather nice despite not usually being overjoyed when i usually yet again receive a Black device. The options available are Black Carbon Fiber, Gold Carbon Fiber, Red Carbon Fiber, Silver Aurora, Gunmetal Magma and Rainbow Fantasy, so plenty of choice to please both those that like quite plain devices and those into their colourful designs. The finishes are of high quality and the sharp colourful designs are the result of using IML Technology. The construction feels like Zinc Alloy (has reasonable weight) with the already mentioned front and back IML panels, the size is about average for a pod device and i would compare it not to the Tance Max which is much bigger but very similar size and form to the TPD compliant Tance.
Apart from the Panels, Carbon Fiber or colourful the device has little in the way of aesthetic features, both sides and back are featureless while the front has a large rectangular fire button towards the top positioned centrally. We have a type C USB port on the base while up top the tinted pod protrudes with it's broad Duckbill style mouthpiece. As with most of these pod devices the Bident is comfortable to hold and nice and portable.

Bident Specs and Features:

Parameters

Bident Battery
Kit Size: 32 x 17.5 x 88.5mm
Battery: Built-in 950mAh
Output Power: 3.4V/3.6V/3.8V three adjustable power output
Charging Specification: 5V 1A(Type-C)
Low Voltage Warning: 3.3V±0.1V
PCBA Temperature alarm: 80℃
Maximum output duration: 10s
Working temperature: -10-45℃
Stand-by current: Less than 10uA
Battery Life Indicator: Red light: 0-30%; Blue light: 31-69%; Green light: 70-100%

Bident Pod
Size: 32 x 17.5mm
Pod Capacity: 3.5ml/2ml
Coil Resistance: Built-in N80 0.8ohm(14-18W)/ N80 1.2ohm(9-12W)
Coil Type: Dual Coil System

Features

The first patent pending dual coil technology
Fashionable appearance and portable size
3.4V/3.6V/3.8V three adjustable power output
950mAh Large battery with Type-C charging
3.5ml Refillable pod with easy bottom filling
Two coils for both DL and MTL vaping
Bottom adjustable airflow for excellent flavor
Colours/Designs: Black Carbon Fiber, Gold Carbon Fiber, Red Carbon Fiber, Silver Aurora, Gunmetal Magma, Rainbow Fantasy

The Pods

The Bident comes with two pods both of which house dual horizontal coils and do have specs printed on the pods which should always be the case but rarely is. The pre-installed pod has dual N80 coils that have a resistance of 0.8ohm and is best at between 14 -18w. The other pod which comes with a protective silicone sleeve around the base which needs removing also houses dual N80 horizontal coils, resistance with this pod is 1.2ohm and is best between 9 -12w.
The pods have a broad mouthpiece which really is not suited for MTL style but very comfortable when taking a restricted lung draw, they are also tinted and while i would be the first to moan about this if it effected visibility the e-liquid can be seen inside the pods as well as if the pods were clear so a non-issue!
Looking at the base of the pod we have quite a large positive plate with incomplete circular negative surround separated with insulator. We also have a Orange silicone section with a flap to the edge that can be lifted up to reveal a very large fill port which will accommodate all the nozzle sizes i have encountered while still allowing air to escape. So the pod fills more evenly it's much easier and quicker to fill while the pod is on it's side else one half of the pod fills then you have to wait as the sides even out before adding more liquid. As mentioned the negative surround is incomplete with a gap both top and bottom which is where air enters the pod giving quite some amount of bottom airflow for a pod device, unfortunately this is none adjustable.

Fitting The Pod

Looking inside the pods bay we can see the three Gold plated, spring loaded contacts in a horizontal row, central positive and outer negatives. To either side we have safety marks stamped and also front and back on the inside of the walls that act as a cradle for the pod we have an indented notch on both. Feeling the lower section of the pod you can feel a corresponding protruding notch front and back which will lock in place along with the snug press fit.
The pod will fit and fire with the pod fitted either way but only when the pod is fitted with the specs written on the pod lined up with the fire button side is it a very secure, snug fit with no play. Good job!

Review Continued Below

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

Operating The Bident

The Bident is not an automatic draw pod device and is fired by pressing the physical fire button. The fire button has a translucent surround allowing for LED indications of which the first one is flashing the current power setting colour 3 times to confirm when the device has been turned on or off which is done by 5 clicks of the fire button. The device also flashes the current power setting colour just once when the pod is inserted and also when vaping the surround also lights the power level setting, there are 3 power settings in total.
Changing between power settings is done by 3 quick clicks of the fire button and then the surround stays lit in the new colour for a couple of seconds.

The Settings Are:

White = 3.4V
Blue = 3.6V
Green = 3.8V

Although the LED surround is used to indicate the power level i am pleased to say it also gives acceptable battery status indication by lighting different colours to show the status of the battery. To check the battery level rather than clicking the fire button 3 times quickly which as mentioned changes the power setting you click it just twice and the surround flashes twice to show the status of the battery. The surround lights up in the following colours to show battery status:

Red 0 - 30%
Blue 31 - 69%
Green 70 - 100%

The Bident also has all the safety protections you would expect which are indicated by various flashes of the LED surround and also has a type C USB port. You charge the device using the supplied type C USB Cable and while i didn't actually time how long it took to charge, Geekvape's 45 minutes claim isn't far off the mark as it seemed next to no time before the device was fully charged.

My Experience using The Bident

The Bident is another pod device that gives far too much air to give a MTL vape unless you like a really loose MTL draw but even then the mouthpiece just doesn't suit a MTL style. Even the 1.2ohm pod which is supposed to be for MTL when on the lowest setting gives plenty of vaper and as mentioned the draw is much more suited for a DL vape. The pods have a lot of cotton and take a while to break in and give their full flavour potential but even then the flavour i found to be quite muted with the 1.2ohm pod. When using some DIY e-liquid which was 65% VG both pods were fine unless i chain vaped then they did struggle to keep up so i switched to 50/50 which was much more suitable. The 0.8ohm pod again is suited for a restrictive DL vape with just more power over the 1.2ohm coil pod. This pod again took a few mls to break in and i did find it gave superior flavour to the 1.2ohm pod but still only average for a pod. What flavour the pods gave did have acceptable longevity and even now after many refills they are still going strong.
Really the Bident is for vapers that like a restrictive lung hit and plenty of vapor as it is very noticeable that it really does pump out the vapor for a low wattage pod device and i can see many that buy this only buying the 0.8ohm pods with the 1.2ohm pod only being used by vapers that actually manage to manufacture a loose MTL vape that they enjoy even with the broad, open mouthpiece.
Battery status indication i found to be acceptable although i much prefer at least 4 tiers with 5 tiers being ideal. Capacity with the standard version i received is good but for a pod device it does plough through the e-liquid which will be down to the dual coils that give high vapor production.
Battery life i did like as even with the 0.8ohm coil on the middle setting (Blue) lasted me almost a day and with the device charging so quickly it has to be a winner!

Nice build quality
Plenty of colour/design options
Physical fire button
3 power settings
Battery status indications
Restrictive DL Vape
Plenty of Vapor production
3.5ml capacity (standard version)
2 pods included 0.8ohm DL, 1.2ohm MTL?
Dual horizontal coils
Comfortable mouthpiece for DL style
Easily see juice level
Easy quick fill
Pod fits securely
Pod Longevity acceptable
Portable and ergonomic
Multiple protections
950mAh battery
Type C USB port
Included Type C USB Cable
Charges in approx 45 minutes (didn't actually time charging but it was very quick)

Cons

Too much air to really be said suitable for MTL
1.2ohm coil more suited to DL, very loose MTL at best but mouthpiece doesn't suit MTL style
Both pods have break-in time
1.2ohm pod muted flavour (0.8ohm pod much better but then only average so didn't appear in likes)
Downside to the high vapor production, pods plough through e-liquid especially 0.8ohm pod.
Not suited for e-liquid with higher VG than 50/50 if you chain vape
Airflow non-adjustable

I would once again like to thank Carrie from Geekvape for supplying the Bident Pod System for the purpose of this review.

https://www.geekvape.com/project/bident-pod/

Last edited:

VU Sponsors