Become a Patron!

Geekvape vs. Pilot vape vs. Coil Master ohm reader

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Subjective.

I've used the CM, works great and looks nice (IMO). I've seen the GV in action, works great too, but I hate glossy finishes, and it's pretty wide for my taste (twice the width of the CM).

•GV is short, wide footprint, glossy finish (fingerprint magnet), and capable of 0.1 ohm dry firing.
•CM is taller, smaller footprint, matte finish, and capable of 0.2 ohm dry firing (although users have stated it can fire lower, so the 0.2ohm is more of a safety recommendation, can probably fire down to 0.1ohm like the GV)
•PV is a clone of the CM, "supposedly" with same specs (don't know anyone who has one, so no personal experience)

Last edited:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Subjective.

I've used the CM, works great and looks nice (IMO). I've seen the GV in action, works great too, but I hate glossy finishes, and it's pretty wide for my taste (twice the width of the CM).

•GV is short, wide footprint, glossy finish (fingerprint magnet), and capable of 0.1ohm dry firing.
•CM is taller, smaller footprint, matte finish, and capable of 0.2ohm dry firing (although users have stated it can fire lower, so the 0.2 is more of a safety recommendation, can probably fire down to .01 like the GV)
•PV is a clone of the CM, "supposedly" with same specs (don't know anyone who has one, so no personal experience)
Is that supposed to be 0.1 and 0.2 or 0.01 and 0.02?

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
0.1ohm and 0.2 ohm. These Tabs only hold a single 18650, so they couldn't fire down to 0.01ohm safely.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Makes sense, just was a little thrown by your typo :p

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ordered the Coil Master, hopefully it will be a "buy once, cry once" item.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I like them both but if I had to choose one it would be the CM for its extra features...
I do like the GV device as it looks very clean and gives a nice black backround and stand for coil pics!

I havent tried the USAOhmMeters Tab as its $80 for the same damn device but its supposed to be the most accurate off them all....I just dont like its look and for $80 you could buy the CM, GV, and Pilot if they are all on sale..

VU Sponsors