Become a Patron!

Get an Exclusive First Look at AMC's Spy Thriller The Little Drummer Girl

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
The Little Drummer girl may not be a new story - the John le Carré novel was first published in 1983 and adapted into a film starring Diane Keaton in 1984 - but its signature blend of romance, spycraft, and political thriller is a unique cocktail - one that captivated director Park Chan-wook (Oldboy) from the start.

"Ever since I read The Spy Who Came in From the Cold as a teenager, I became a fan of John le Carré," Chan-wook says in our exclusive behind-the-scenes first look at the series above. "I've read his books as soon as they were published in Korean. As soon as I read The Little Drummer Girl, I concluded that, in my opinion, it is his greatest novel."

Showrunners Simon and Stephen Cornwell - the author's sons - are equally enamored with it, following their previous AMC adaption of their father's The Night Manager. "The Little Drummer Girl is an extraordinary thriller, it’s a great love story, in what is a very intense and conflicted political environment," Simon Cornwell explains.

Continue reading…

Continue reading...

VU Sponsors