Ghostbusters Actor Ernie Hudson Says a New Game Is 'Definitely Happening'

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Actor Ernie Hudson, who played Winston Zeddemore in the Ghostbusters series, has confirmed that a new Ghostbusters game is "definitely happening."

During a recent panel with the Countdown City Geeks YouTube channel, Hudson said, "I just got an e-mail, because we’re doing another video game. They’re scheduling it now to do the recording, and I’m not too sure who's going to do it. I know me and Danny [Dan Aykroyd], I think. I’m not sure about if Billy [Bill Murray] will do anything on it. So, there will be another video game. When they’ll bring it out? I don’t know, but it’s definitely happening."

According to the actor, the developer has recently been working on modelling each of the characters for the game, but are seemingly struggling to create a character that accurately encapsulates his likeness. "They’ve been sending me prototypes of the character to get the image right, which they seem to have a hard time somehow creating my image," he said. "It’s so weird to me that they can get Bill Murray, and Dan Aykroyd, and Harold Ramis to look exactly like they look, but I end up looking like Eddie Murphy or somebody."

Despite fan requests for a new Ghostbusters game, the last fully-fledged title to be released for the franchise was in 2009, during which Hudson's likeness and voice were used to recreate Zeddermore. While the game was remastered in 2019, more recent Ghostbusters video game appearances have come in the form of add-ons for games like Fortnite and Planet Coaster.

In October, Illfonic studio co-founder Raphael Saadiq casually revealed that his studio is working on a new Ghostbusters game - though there is currently nothing to suggest that this ties into the project that Hudson announced he's involved with. While very little was said about the Illfonic-produced game at the time, the studio's prior work on asymmetric multiplayer games, with both Predator: Hunting Grounds and Friday the 13th, might offer some clues as to what fans can expect in the project.

Jared Moore is a freelance writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors