Become a Patron!

Glas's "Pound Cake," Has anyone nailed it yet?

Kleinman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really like this stuff, but It is just too expensive. I have tried couple of cake recipes, but am not even close. However I have some pound cake flavoring now that I can try. Am I right to say the Glas recipe has some lemon in it? What else am I missing?

Kleinman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks! What exactly constitutes the "pound cake" Flavoring? I understand There are pound cake flavorings themselves out there, but which of these ingredients make up the flavor? I'm not talking about Glas's juice recipe now, just the flavor in general?

The reason I ask Is because I have pound cake flavoring as well as about half the flavorings listed above. If I used the that flavor I may be able to try this one without some of the missing ones above.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! What exactly constitutes the "pound cake" Flavoring? I understand There are pound cake flavorings themselves out there, but which of these ingredients make up the flavor? I'm not talking about Glas's juice recipe now, just the flavor in general?

The reason I ask Is because I have pound cake flavoring as well as about half the flavorings listed above. If I used the that flavor I may be able to try this one without some of the missing ones above.
Upon a successful google search, this is what I found:
https://www.google.com/#q=pound+cake+ingredients

Ingredients
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan.
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan.
  • 1 cup sugar.
  • 4 large eggs.
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract.
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Hope that helps! :)

Kleinman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So basically pound cake is any old cake batter? haha

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shark Vape, its not too hard to do. Here is what I try and do, I check reviews for flavor concentrates and I read the description and try and match it to the ingredients listed in the food recipe and you can pretty much work it from there.

If you are familiar with the brand of the flavor concentrate you can have a decent understanding of at the very least a good starting percentage. Next you mix it all up and then you adjust from there based on the results. Hope that helps!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That FW Yellow cake To me it tastes kinda like a sponge cake...like the cake part of a Twinkie if that helps anyone at that high of a %. I am assuming if the above recipe tastes like a true pound cake the other flavors are somehow interacting with the yellow cake to give it a more pound cake like effect, bc to me it is a sweet type of packaged sponge cake.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Originally, it contained a pound each of of flour, butter, eggs, and sugar. Ergo, the catchy name. :)

Obviously, it has been modified as a half pound of butter oughta be enough for most folks. Not me, of course, but most sensible folks. :D

scotdc

Member For 4 Years
Real pound cake is all about the butter and eggs... like SailCat said, ungodly amounts of each. Yum. Yum. Yum.

breadbeard

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pound cake is an old style of a simple cake. 1# of flour, eggs, sugar and butter. Baker's wanted a go to cake recipe. So yes, very rich and dense and fatty.

VU Sponsors