Become a Patron!

Going to get a dripper-does price matter?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am thinking of getting a dripper, but I reall don't know wether do go for something expensive, or something cheaper, like a fogger.

I'm in the UK, and the store I use has drippers ranging deom £7-£30. Looking at what they actually do, I imagine them all to be very similar so might as well go for the cheap one?

If I'm wrong, could someone let me know so I don't end up buying something that is rubbish lol.

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started off with a cheap authentic, the Smoktech Caterpillar. They cost about $12.00 and was good for learning with. The only problem I had with it was the post holes were kind of small for fitting large gauge wire in, or twisted wires, etc. I drilled them out pretty quickly and was on my way. Also I drilled out the airflow control holes as the were a little restrictive for me. The only other thing I can think of I didn't like about it is no single coil mode where you can block off one set of air holes. Still, all in all it was well worth the amount I spent on it to get started.

Then on the suggestion of another forum member, I ordered a Steamboat from Lawless. Got it for about $17.00 from 101vape.com.. It is a blatant knockoff of the Tugboat V2, which can run over $75.00.. Even being a clone, this thing is very well built. The only complaint I have with it at all is that I bought the polished stainless model, and it's sometimes difficult to get a grip on it to adjust air flow because it's got such a slick surface. However I love the thing so far. Basic 3 post design, and a deep juice well. The flavor is quite good with it as well.

I don't know too much about any other inexpensive models at this point.

cardassian

Member For 4 Years
I have a few, all clones.
My favourite is my plume veil, followed by my magma and then my derringer.
The Plume is super easy to build on, has great airflow, great flavour and nice clouds.
It all depends on what you want though.
Screws v grub nuts, how many posts, hole sizes, airflow options etc...
I started out on an igo-l, which had 2 posts and fixed airflow.
However I'd gow with 4 posts and adjustable airflow as it make building dual coils easy. While you may not want to try that now, you will at some stage so might as well save $$ and buy one that gives you lots of potential builds.
After all experimenting becomes half the fun.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I prefer 3 post designs because i like sleeper builds. Ive been wondering if i could do a double sleeper on a 4 post design. Might try that today. Quad coils with 2 wires.
Anyway. I recommend doge v2 its my fave atty. Nice single coil air option. Chucks on flavor and vapor production. Post holes are massive. You can switch out copper center post for included ss center pole.
I even like more than my high end 100$+ attys. Cost me like 25 or 30 bucks usd.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I could always order 2.... one being the derringer, the other being a fogger RDA, which has 5 poles, so gives me the option of quad coils, for less than £20 for the 2.

VU Sponsors