jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I had a gizfan 6 bay battery charger that went on the blitz and half the LCD took a dump. It was not a particularly bad charger just died and my only real gripe was it did not always fully charge the batteries (sometimes would charge to 4.1 volts and hang requiring you to reseat the battery to complete it's charge cycle). The springs on the battery slides were not amazing and with all that decided it was time to just replace it. I personally like 6 bay chargers when travelling and this looked like it fit the bill. I did some shopping around couldn't find one, spoke with Golisi and we figured out where I could get one and viola!

Here are the things that sold me from the advertisement on their website and elsewhere I read about it.
Easy to read display- This sits on a shelf at eye level. Need to be able to see it like that from a weird angle.
Intelligent charging- Accuracy, protections and repeatability are a must in a charger.
Industrial (military in their terms) quality springs- I hate noisy, crunchy and weak springs.

These all sound like buzzwords but they have meaning.

Here is the box and you will see the charger below:
7l3NZgO.jpg

jppFsBM.jpg

This is a decent sized charger. 10.15 X 6.6 inches. The thing is made of what appears to be quality fire retardant ABS plastic and the display is in all actuality very easy to read. From directly above it is readable under direct fluorescent light. I tested it up to 6000K in neutral white lighting and it was readable. With the lights out it is incredibly readable. I very much like the display itself and the kind of retro blue lighting it has. It’s nice on the eyes.

I know battery chargers are not generally considered a “sexy” item but they are so essentially necessary to vaping and it is a good plan to have one you can depend on considering what quality batteries cost us.

So I put this thing through its paces to see if it was going to be a winner and ultimately my verdict is that this is a solid charger. If I get two years out of this charger it will be a win in my opinion. For a 6 battery charger that can charge all current batteries for vaping I will take two of them (seriously).

In my testing I charged several different battery brands at various discharged states to determine if the channels would go wonky and none of them did. It maintained its state and its timer to charge completion was very accurate for each channel (+/- couple of minutes).
zd6NmkM.jpg

There is a single button on this thing. 1. It cycles through the different display modes and brings the screen up when it turns off. The modes it cycles through are current voltage, mAh and remaining time to completion. Above that is a percentage scale that is accurate as far as the timers are concerned. When all of the batteries are done charging the display goes completely to sleep to save energy and ultimately extend the life of the charger. Without really having to look at each channel I can know if all of the batteries are fully charged if the display is fully off. This is a little feature but an important one if quality and longevity of the device concern you.
Voltage Mode (default):
JzwvJyh.jpg

mAh Mode:
EmztWFR.jpg

Time Remaining:
60b8OUP.jpg

In my testing I charged at least 3 dozen different 18350/18450/18650 batteries, several of which were protected. Several NIMH rechargeable batteries, several 20650 batteries and four 20700 batteries. I like that it has enough intelligence built in to assess the battery in the channels, when charging li-on batteries it displays li- on and so on. After charging I measured each cell with a voltmeter and all of them reflected what the charger advertised them at. It is very, very accurate in this regard.

I attempted charging a known bad battery and it did not charge it. Attempted a reversed polarity charge and it did not attempt to charge it. Charged a battery that only ever charges to 3.9v in any charger and it only charged to 3.9v. This is a good indicator that it will not attempt to overcharge and that it actually does not overcharge the cells.

When charging only 3 batteries it charges at 2.0A and the 2 amp slots are labeled. 4 or more and that drops all of them to 1.0A. My only gripe at all about this charger is that there is not an option to drop it down to .5A and keep it there. While a personal preference I prefer a .5A charge across the board. There was no way I could find to make it drop. I intend to experiment with a 3A power supply and see if it cripples it to .5A. Will update if that is the case.

I am a full blown battery junkie and presently have 7 different chargers in active use. One thing that annoys me is noisy springs, crunchy springs and springs that snap back no matter what you do when removing the batteries from the charger itself. The springs on this one are smooth, quiet and when the springs snap back it is not extremely violent. The negative end of the slide does not fold over in either direction (big plus) and there is enough room between batteries that you actually have control over removing the batteries and can actually prevent the snap back entirely if that is annoying to you.

I think this is a badass charger. It is very well built, it hasn’t gotten hot on me, it doesn’t overcharge and it is incredibly accurate. It has a nice finish, is dead simple and falls in line with pricing of a quality charger.

This item is a pre sale item and should be available soon where you like to buy vape stuff. Golisi was kind enough to help me find one now to replace mine, so many thanks to them for that. For more information you can visit the manufacturers website.

chrisswearingen4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Do you know when this becomes available? I went to their site but didn't see a release date or way to purchase.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Vaporl will have them at the end of the month. They also have a pretty nice discount on the preorder.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Thanks jwill, been wanting a backup 6 bay. My Luc 6 has a couple years on it already.

VU Sponsors