Become a Patron!

Good beg. Tank for smok R80 TC?

baevans11

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the Smoke micro one and I'm just starting to get into rebuildables but I'm having a lot of problems with building on the smok micro tvf4 because it's so small and I tried using kanthal A1 and got the coil perfect but even with the screw tightened all the way down it won't hold the wire. Can someone tell me a good tank to put on here with a fairly easy rba? I was thinking the regular tvf4? Thanks for any help.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi there and welcome to VU, I am going to move this thread to a better area for others to help you, Good luck!!:wave:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I have the Smoke micro one and I'm just starting to get into rebuildables but I'm having a lot of problems with building on the smok micro tvf4 because it's so small and I tried using kanthal A1 and got the coil perfect but even with the screw tightened all the way down it won't hold the wire. Can someone tell me a good tank to put on here with a fairly easy rba? I was thinking the regular tvf4? Thanks for any help.
small tanks are gonna have small decks to build on which will be harder. If you are looking for a good RTA you could try a boreas or aromamizer supreme. If you are looking for a tank that aslo has an RBA deck so you can use premade coils and build your own, the only one that has an easy and good RBA deck IMO is the TFV8 but that will be way too much wattage. You probably are better off with a single coil mini RTA for your set up. Geekvape just released the ammit. it might be worth looking into for you. other then that i know @Deucesjack should have some good suggestions

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
my vote is the aspire cleito, you have to buy the rba deck separate but it's easy to build on and works great. even comes with really nice pre-installed claptons.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Boreas is cheap and easy. Merlin is super easy to build and wick but there are qc issues with the press fit of the base. Seems like the Merlin Mini is better plus you get 2 decks. It's getting rave reviews. Serpent Mini is another good one. Ammit is also getting good reviews but it's not out yet. The Mage GTA looks real promising and I have one on the way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
my vote is the aspire cleito, you have to buy the rba deck separate but it's easy to build on and works great. even comes with really nice pre-installed claptons.
i have the RBA deck, haven't used it yet though. do love the clieto tank as a lower watatge tank though. using it right now
Xlf62vW.jpg

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
@SirRichardRear - you should stuff some cotton in it. the claptons come in @ .4 and the individual juice holes make it real easy to wick. I have the decks for both the original and 120. @ 55 watts it's every bit as good as their premade coils... maybe better.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
@SirRichardRear - you should stuff some cotton in it. the claptons come in @ .4 and the individual juice holes make it real easy to wick. I have the decks for both the original and 120. @ 55 watts it's every bit as good as their premade coils... maybe better.
i'll give it a try soon for sure

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the screw doesn't hold the wire in place then the wire is most likely too thin.
What gauge wire are you using?
You can still use wire even if it's too thin by taking several strands and twisting them together.

VU Sponsors