Become a Patron!

Good deed gone wrong

Big Jake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I gave several bottles used 1-3mils missing to a vaping neighbor whom was out of juice. Two days later while talking with others found out they purchased the bottles from the individual, they were topped off and told new. Now Im kinda pissed off

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
All the more reason I will never buy juice from an individual. Who knows what the hell they topped it off with. I do hope you advised the others to throw it away.

MistaKuraudo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow. That's just dirty. This person probably doesn't know much about the vape community. It's based on trust. I would say connect with your local FB group and tell them the story. Nothing worst than a bad rep in the community. It'll teach him a lesson.

micki

Member For 5 Years
I know the feeling! PIF'd some juice to a guy on FB anonymously. Saw a post where he told about all his medical problems and how he didn't have any juice. Had a vendor contact him and send him juice. A week later, saw a post where the guy was selling the juice I PIF'd him. Won't do that again. :oops:

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just the world we live in. hard to trust anyone after you have been burnt trying to help someone. I only PIF to known friends now.

cheetodog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That sucks...dont give up hope. There are still honest individuals out there

1truk

Member For 4 Years
Yeah I learned this lesson the hard way myself only it was on a much larger scale. I sold (practically gave away) my boat to my niece and nephew. I did it because they really really wanted a boat and could not afford a decent one. So I decided to "sell" them mine for next to nothing. Within a few weeks I saw it in a store parking lot with a for sale note on it asking 4 times what I "gave" it to them for.

MEENMAN83

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sad when people use false medical pretenses....
I had my colon removed and a J Pouch madetwo years ago and it sickens me when ppl pull out the medical card bs for free hand outs then flip and sell it..shit im still trying to deploy again, but at the shop we often trade mods and juices amongst each other as I have gotten around 15 people to switch from cigs to ecigs over the past 4 years.

VapingCuban

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah not the first story I hear like that. It's pretty messed up. I would say something though.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I gave several bottles used 1-3mils missing to a vaping neighbor whom was out of juice. Two days later while talking with others found out they purchased the bottles from the individual, they were topped off and told new. Now Im kinda pissed off

Wow .. that is so despicable! Did you confront your neighbor about this? Your neighbor was clearly hard up for some cash ..

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One of life's hardest lessons. People lie and deceive to gain an advantage.

Eliquidvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thats just wrong but I know the feels as that recently happened to me. I gave a "friend" a bunch of juice (25+ 15ml bottles), a mod, an atty, and a battery only to see a week or so later that he has them all up for sell on facebook. Xl

Big Jake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I did not say anything to the individual instead this evening I invited several others over including the one that bought the juice and openned up my juice box lol all 70+ flavors and played cards and vaped and vaped and vaped. He will find out soon enough and get the hint I think.

Henry

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i understand you feel used and taken advantage of; but do not stop doing good things because someone else does bad. This entire site is a result of a movement started by a few who never gave up and look at how many people they have touched by what they have done

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I learned this lesson the hard way myself only it was on a much larger scale. I sold (practically gave away) my boat to my niece and nephew. I did it because they really really wanted a boat and could not afford a decent one. So I decided to "sell" them mine for next to nothing. Within a few weeks I saw it in a store parking lot with a for sale note on it asking 4 times what I "gave" it to them for.

Same thing with my nephew, he needed a pickup truck for his work as a carpet guy, so I gave him my 2000 f150. Two days later I saw it for sale (unique 2 tone paint job done by me) on Crags list.

Last edited:

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some people are just users, such is life. Don't let it change how you treat people, just mark the users off of your nice list and move on, they'll suffer for it in the long run.

Just the other day a friend of mine, out of the blue, gifted me a Tobh and a bottle (70ml or so out of 120ml bottle) of Jimmy the Juiceman's Shurb. Nicest freaking thing anyone has done for me in a long time. I told him that I didn't need it, but he insisted. I treasure things like that, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, since I'm the one usually bending over backwards to help people out.

I'm the guy that will hold the door open for people, and then exclaim "You're Welcome" when they don't even acknowledge the fact that someone went out of their way to be nice. The world is full of assholes, I'm just a genuinely niceish asshole.

Last edited:

st_andrew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thats just wrong but I know the feels as that recently happened to me. I gave a "friend" a bunch of juice (25+ 15ml bottles), a mod, an atty, and a battery only to see a week or so later that he has them all up for sell on facebook. Xl
Hey what's his fB page I might be able to get a deal j/k haha dude that sucks wouldn't be a friend any longer

LadyBren

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It makes me so mad when this crap happens (and it happens a lot) because when people
really do need some extra help, it makes it hard to trust. I just look at it like this: Karma's a Bitch!
Although I'm all about calling people out, if that's the way they want to play.
Just don't forget not everyone is a jerk.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There will always be people out there to take advantage of others. If it were me, I'd know not to trust said neighbor any longer and certainly wouldn't have him in my home. The person that bought the juice from him would be warned the bottles were not full and should be cautious not knowing what he filled it with. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff but you have to be cautious with what goes into your body as well. It's why I DIY.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

Wow,

You really can't make up that kind of stuff.

Obviously, you should not trust this individual with a burnt out match not to mention the E-Liquid you so graciously gave him/her in their time of "need".

And if this person was begging liquids from you, I am guessing that they are not into DIY and lord only knows what was used to top them off.

At the worst, they were topped off with something they should not be topped of with. At the best, they were topped off from the dregs from another bottle of E-Liquid.

Even if the sold bottles don't make someone sick, the flavors are no doubt off from what the maker intended.

Thus possibly damaging the makers hard won reputation.

I am the first to admit that in the past I have received a lot of help from the vaping community. Mostly from more advanced vapers helping me to find my own Vaping Bliss. Heck, one really expert vaper sent me a care package of Kanthal samples to help me build my first RBA.

The postage most likely was more than the samples.

But to me it was pure gold.

And I never asked for it and there is no way I would ever sell it,

Since this Asshat is your neighbor, you may need to think twice about calling him/her out. But I strongly think it is a dude. The lady's tend to have more class.

But you could always make you point the next time this mooch comes around to get some liquid or wick or wire or a spare battery and tell them you have it but it is not for resale.

Please do not keep this from helping others in the future.

And LadyBren has it 100% right.

Karma can be quite the bitch.

I am a firm believer that having a surplus of good Karma will always pay off in this life and the next.

Even if you got suckered in this show of good will, Lady Karma still added some weight to your personal scale!

VU Sponsors