Become a Patron!

Gran Turismo Sport Gameplay First Impressions

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
At E3 2017, a playable demo of Gran Turismo Sport showed off two race tracks, and the accompanying presentation reinforced the racer’s many high-quality visual specs.

The first race was on a standard racetrack while the second took us to a dirt track with off-road vehicles, both without the opportunity to do any customization beforehand. My gameplay experience was quite a bit different than your typical living room setup. I raced against seven other journalists in front of a crowd while sitting in a racecar pod complete with pedals and a steering wheel as a crowd watched and an announcer called the race over the loud speakers.

Still, as removed from a normal gaming environment as it was, the gorgeous visuals and responsive gameplay that GT has made its name on shone through. The impeccable handling allowed me to hover behind the leaders, wait for a gap, and cut between them to get ahead before going back to my lines. Slamming into another player makes a soft clunking noise and slows you both down a bit (without showing any visible damage), so I was rewarded for being patient. The change of traction on the dirt track threw me off a bit (I spent more time grinding against the guardrail than driving on the road) but by the end of the race I got feel for the new terrain and was drifting around corners carefree.

Continue reading…

Continue reading...

VU Sponsors