Become a Patron!

Green Custard

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since I was on a custard kick I was thinking and suddenly my mind said "Hey man, I wounder how mint would taste with custard". Soooo, I did a quick Google search, lo and behold, this popped up http://www.food.com/recipe/wicklewood-rsquo-s-school-day-rsquo-s-green-custard-439398#activity-feed
So I mixed this up and it is strangely good and hard to put down. There are some recipes that call for creme de menthe, but alas I have none:(.

Cool Mint(CAP) 2-3% (I did 3% but feel 2% would be plenty to keep the custard more noticeable)
Custard(INW) 2%
Fresh Cream(FA)1%
Vanilla Bourbon(INW or FA) .5% (I'm sure Classic would work)
Give it a week or more to steep.

If you have creme de menthe and try it, please let me know how it works out.
(Who makes a good creme de menthe? I feel this mix is worth the pursuit of different minty avenues.)

picVYMtPi.jpg

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Interesting, I've never thought of a minty custard. I might have to try it. Thanks for sharing.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, as luck would have it, I don't have the mint flavor, so I'll have to save this one for another day. :(
The recipe in the link I posted calls for peppermint. That should work if you have it. I used Cool Mint because I felt it was the closest to creme de menthe.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For the minty part of a Grasshopper (Wisconsin style) juice mix I used 5.5% TPA Creme de Menthe and 1% TPA Mint candy. I thought it worked out fine.

I keep toying with the idea of an after dinner mint candy juice. I would not hesitate to use it for that.

Ron
---
"I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."- Morticia Adams

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
A+ for doing something out of the box. Im going to have to try and make something similar .I dont have the inawera custard. pretty sure i have the others though. nic vape creme de menthe was pretty good if i remember right. was pretty creamy i think. might order some of that up for this

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
oh you know what now that I think i have tried a minty version. i remember i mixed HICs doublemint (FA peppermint and FA spearmint) with some caps custard. that might be a little different route if some peeps dont have the same ingreedients your creme de menthe angle is pretty genius though bet it is super good

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In the past, I've tried 8% TFA VBIC + 6% FW Crème De Menthe and it was pretty good. I've thought of subbing the VBIC with Caps VC1, but never mixed it.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh you know what now that I think i have tried a minty version. i remember i mixed HICs doublemint (FA peppermint and FA spearmint) with some caps custard. that might be a little different route if some peeps dont have the same ingreedients your creme de menthe angle is pretty genius though bet it is super good
Your mint ideal would most likely work here. I like HIC's double mint. Try INW Custard if you get a chance it's a lot different than CAPs . I got the creme de menthe idea from here. http://www.food.com/recipe/mint-custard-35581

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you have creme de menthe and try it, please let me know how it works out.

Will do! I took a chance and made 12ml today.
My 3 year old TPA Creme de Menthe smelled close to the mint in Listerine Freshburst mouthwash :eek: I used it @ 6%.
(With the FA Bourbon Vanilla choice, percentages and other ingredients as per your recipe)
18mg VT 50/50

I must admit, after giving the mix a good shaking, it did smell good!

Ron
---
"My uncle, a balloon ascensionist, Effingham Hoofnagle, took a chance. He was three miles and a half up in the air. He jumped out of the basket of the balloon and took a chance of alighting on a load of hay. Had he been a younger man, he probably would have made it. That's the point. Don't wait too long in life."- Egbert Sousé (WC Fields The Bank Dick 1940)

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, it's been a week since I mixed the above and I thought it was time for a sample. I loaded up the REO and started squonking.

Remember when you had some beer and anchovy pizza, tried to freshen your breath with a mint, and then vomited in your mouth?

Well, this mix is nothing like that. If that was your desired flavor profile you will have to look elsewhere. Sorry! :(

I'll admit I'm not a big fan of custard juices. The mint addition in this recipe, while probably a bit high for many, was just right to suppress the notes I usually find objectionable to in most custard flavored mixes. While the custard presence took a back seat to the mint, the result was a very smooth vape in both inhale & exhale. For me, everything was in a nice balance and just a wee bit on the sweet side.

I also got mild buttery notes. Not the butter flavor resulting from ingestion of common after dinner mints; but more like that when INW Biscuit is employed in a cookie recipe. (But on a much lighter strength scale.)

All in all a good vape juice and recipe. For my personal preferences, I think I would more enjoy replacement of the custard with INW Creme Brule or ice creams/vanilla swirl. Another week or more of ageing could change that...I guess. But again, I'm not a big custard fan.

Just my 2 cents, :popcorn:

Ron
---
"Finding Nirvana is like locating silence."- Jack Kerouac

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This sounds damn good! I might have to get the stuff to make this...

-Kingboomer

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This sounds damn good! I might have to get the stuff to make this...

I think FW Creme de Menthe will be included in my next flavor order.

Ron
---
“Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.” ― Mae West

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, it's been a week since I mixed the above and I thought it was time for a sample. I loaded up the REO and started squonking.

Remember when you had some beer and anchovy pizza, tried to freshen your breath with a mint, and then vomited in your mouth?

Well, this mix is nothing like that. If that was your desired flavor profile you will have to look elsewhere. Sorry! :(

I'll admit I'm not a big fan of custard juices. The mint addition in this recipe, while probably a bit high for many, was just right to suppress the notes I usually find objectionable to in most custard flavored mixes. While the custard presence took a back seat to the mint, the result was a very smooth vape in both inhale & exhale. For me, everything was in a nice balance and just a wee bit on the sweet side.

I also got mild buttery notes. Not the butter flavor resulting from ingestion of common after dinner mints; but more like that when INW Biscuit is employed in a cookie recipe. (But on a much lighter strength scale.)

All in all a good vape juice and recipe. For my personal preferences, I think I would more enjoy replacement of the custard with INW Creme Brule or ice creams/vanilla swirl. Another week or more of ageing could change that...I guess. But again, I'm not a big custard fan.

Just my 2 cents, :popcorn:

Ron
---
"Finding Nirvana is like locating silence."- Jack Kerouac
I made up this mix last week and letting it steep a few more days before I try it..
Cool Mint(CAP) 2.5%
VBIC(CAP) 4%
Custard(INW) 1.5%
Sweet Cream(CAP) 2%
Vanilla Classic(INW) 1%
Pretty much my standard Ice Cream Base with the addition of Mint and INW Custard. I'll let you know if it's any good.

VU Sponsors