Become a Patron!

Green from Wyoming

Greetings fellow Vapers,

I'm RyderMix from Cheyenne Wyoming. I'm active military and have had the opportunity to live all over the US, but I'm digging my new assignment in Wyoming.

Prior to vaping, I was (and still kind of am) a cigar enthusiast. I started smoking cigars a couple of years ago as a hobby. It went from a once a week venture to a once a day thing very quickly. With that, my wife started complaining of the constant cigar smell that lingered with me everywhere that I went. I dialed down the cigar smoking to less than once per month to satisfy the wife, however I felt like I lost an important outlet in my life.

Since dialing down the cigar smoking, I started to hang around with a group of badass motorcycle guys ( I own a couple of Harley's). These guys where hard into vaping...even to the point of making their own juices/coils/etc. I didn't think much of it, but then I got a nice blast of their vape smoke, loved the smell, and had to give it a shot.

I walked into a vape store last weekend in Fort Collins CO and told them that I had never vaped but wanted to try it out. The hooked me up with a Kanger Subox Mini kit, an IMREN 40A/3000MAH 18650 high drain rechargeable battery, a single battery charger doc, with a bottle of Sicboy E juice in the flavor of Your Mom at 3mg. They put the Clapton coil atomizer in for me.

I first noticed that the 3mg wasn't cutting it for me, so I ended up getting some 6mg in cereal killa--still not the hit I was looking for, but the kit instructions recommend that I don't go above 6mg with a sub-ohm atomizer. I'm a little hesitant with battery usage. It was explained to me that vaping with below 50% battery level was dangerous, but I still don't know why that is. I'm also curious into the difference between coil types (SS, Nickel, Clapton, etc). I'm thinking about trying the Nickel atomizer once this one reaches the end of its useful life, but learning the difference between wattage and temperature control is something that I'm worried about.

All in all, I've really enjoyed the start of my vaping journey, but I'm sure there is a ton of stuff I still need to learn--probably obvious by my terminology usage in this post lol. I hope to learn, and hopefully share my successes and misfortunes with you all until next time,

RyderMix

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
Good to have you here

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome - lots of expertise on VU

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Welcome @RyderMix
You have found the best family in vaping here on VU! And, thank you so much for defending my freedom!!!!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the Underground! I can't say I'd recommend an off-brand battery or that I've seen any decent single-sled chargers, but otherwise your setup seems pretty good.

As for the not discharging below 50%, this will prolong your overall battery life. A good lithium ion cell should get about 300 charges before it starts to show serious signs of wear (weak power output even when fresh, decreased time between charges) - if you take care of it by re-charging at 50% life. I'm a lazy slob and discharge my batteries down to around 25% with regularity, sometimes they get down to 15% or so and my mod straight up craps out.

Because of this, I get maybe 120 charge cycles instead of 300 out of my cells before they start to sag, and I'm replacing them by 150 charges or so. At $12 for a pair of cells that still last me about a year (with a few pairs in rotation), I'm okay with them dying prematurely, though I also don't push them anywhere near their amp discharge limits. If you've only got one battery and a single-cell mod, you might not want to stress your battery like this - though it's also a good time to order some reputable batteries like LGs or Samsungs for backups.

StereoFreeze

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU! Just a tip on that battery, it's actually only 17 amp continuous discharge. Unfortunately the wrapper is a misleading, which is a fairly common issue with batteries. In the kit you have now you should be in safe operating range, but something to keep in mind if you acquire more gear. When you purchase more batteries I recommend Samsung or LG and purchase from Illumn, Liion Wholesale, or imrbatteries. Sic Boy Your Mom is one of my favorites, nice choice.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

VU Sponsors