Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi to all,

New to the forum, finally found a place that is active and helpful. Still wandering around the site and enjoying myself.

After 50+ years of smoking, started young, I stumbled onto vaping. Got my starter kit and sampler juices from Halo and after some trial and error plus much coughing I quit smoking in two days and became a full time vaper. I started my nicotine level at 12mg, lower than the Camel filters I was smoking. but soon had to drop that to 6mg because I was vaping constantly and my lungs hurt. After stocking up on e-juice the experimenting began first with the VV battery then wanting more non-tobacco flavors. Began searching the internet and you tube for all the information I could absorb. Now I'm doing sub ohm first with variable wattage and then temperature control. My search for juices led to zamplebox and craft vapes so my spending is a little crazy but it seems like a common pattern for newer vapers.

I've been vaping for about 2.5 months but lately I'm suffering from vapers tongue or fatigue which I find very frustrating. Some days it is like vaping nothing or vaping chemicals yet food and drink taste just fine. I've tried all the "cures" out there, smelling fresh coffee, mouthwash, drinking plenty of water (which I did anyway), menthol vapes, changing up flavors, etc. and nothing works. Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated. If I can't get "cured" in the near future I may have to give up vaping. There is no sense to spending all this money on a hobby I can't enjoy anymore.

Well I've gone on and on too long so I'll say greetings for now and see you around the forum. :)

Woody

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi and welcome to VU, nice to meet you:)
The fatigue is no doubt due to quitting the smokes, the vapers tongue will go away, give it a day or two, we've just about all have dealt with that. Try a product called biotene' its for dry mouth but I use it to set my taste buds back to normal and it works good for me.
Good luck and enjoy the forum:)

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Whiskey, nice to meet you. A lot of vapers say it should go away in a day or two but I'm coming up on day 8. I tried your suggestion of the biotene today and it did help some for about 30 minutes, maybe if I use it the max 5 times a day for a few days it will help for a longer time. Thanks. :confused::)

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Glitters-62.gif

VU Sponsors