Become a Patron!

Griffin or Gemini?

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm down to two...and I can't make up my mind. Ive been building single coils on my subtank mini rba, but now I'd like to get into dual coiling.

For a noob such as myself, would you suggest a Gemini or a Griffin rta? Thank you. ;)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have the Griffin 22 and 25. They are good solid tanks and easy to build on as they have velocity style posts. They can be a little finicky with wicking, but once you get it down I don't get any leaks or dry hits and good flavor. I don't have the Gemini so I can't comment on that.

I'll throw another couple for you to consider, the Boreas and the Avocado 24. The Boreas is a big tank with great flavor. It will leak if not wicked right or laid on it's side without closing the juice flow control. The Avocado 24 is my new favorite. Great flavor, easy to build and I have not had it leak. It is a Genesis style wicking system where the tank is below the coils. I wick it so the cotton is just through the wick holes not all the way down into the tank. You will have to tilt it to get juice on your wicks, but no big deal once you're used to it. Both the Boreas and Avocado have velocity style posts.

Watch some vids on any suggestions you get and buy what is right for you.

ETA: I'm not a big on tanks guy, so I have not tried a lot of them. Others may have better input. I prefer my bottom fed squonkers...

Last edited:

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the Griffin 22 and 25. They are good solid tanks and easy to build on as they have velocity style posts. They can be a little finicky with wicking, but once you get it down I don't get any leaks or dry hits and good flavor. I don't have the Gemini so I can't comment on that.

I'll throw another couple for you to consider, the Boreas and the Avocado 24. The Boreas is a big tank with great flavor. It will leak if not wicked right or laid on it's side without closing the juice flow control. The Avocado 24 is my new favorite. Great flavor, easy to build and I have not had it leak. It is a Genesis style wicking system where the tank is below the coils. I wick it so the cotton is just through the wick holes not all the way down into the tank. You will have to tilt it to get juice on your wicks, but no big deal once you're used to it. Both the Boreas and Avocado have velocity style posts.

Watch some vids on any suggestions you get and buy what is right for you.

ETA: I'm not a big on tanks guy, so I have not tried a lot of them. Others may have better input. I prefer my bottom fed squonkers...

I don't know what all these tanks and squonkers are tbh lol.http://www.myvaporstore.com/GeekVape-Griffin-RTA-p/gva010.htm

I was thinking about this one for the price. I'm looking for something versatile to build on.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The avacado 24 is beautiful @gopher_byrd and I'm thinking I may try my hand at building and wicking with this one. Been checking out some reviews and it looks awesome. The boreas does as well.

I appreciate the help. :)

gtrpickr

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
for dual coils the Boreas rocks, super easy to build and wick. I like the Griffins too, I just got the Griffin 25 plus and I am really liking it easy to wick too.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a griffin 22 and it never leaks, never dry hits and has decent flavor. I'm not a big tank guy and the griffin is one of the few I use on occasion.

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a griffin 22 and it never leaks, never dry hits and has decent flavor. I'm not a big tank guy and the griffin is one of the few I use on occasion.
I've got the griffin, the original I'm guessing, in my cart. Its under 20 bucks and I can do dual coils on it. I'll have to watch videos to see what awg of kanthal to buy for these dual coil builds but for the price its what I'm looking at.

gtrpickr

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the Griffin 22 (original) its a good tank the drawbacks for me is the juice capacity and the size of the build deck

Crochetandcookies

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I see what you mean. I think I'll keep checking out all of these you all have listed, and watch a few building videos on youtube before I buy lol. Thank you all. I appreciate the suggestions very much.

gtrpickr

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I see what you mean. I think I'll keep checking out all of these you all have listed, and watch a few building videos on youtube before I buy lol. Thank you all. I appreciate the suggestions very much.
There is a lot of good RTA's out there right now and it can be hard to find the right one, just do some research and try to pick the best one that fits your vaping style. Also you can usually find some used here in the classifieds for a good price thats a good way to try out different ones.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm down to two...and I can't make up my mind. Ive been building single coils on my subtank mini rba, but now I'd like to get into dual coiling.

For a noob such as myself, would you suggest a Gemini or a Griffin rta? Thank you. ;)
have you checked out the boreas or supreme?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have both in the collection, and both are very nice tanks, although I find I use the Griffin more.

I don't know if it is just my Gemini, but resistance seems a bit more stable with the Griffin, and as I usually use it in TC mode with SS 316L, a solid connection is a must.

However, both tanks are very good, and you will not be disappointed with either. The gemini is kind of like a smaller Griffin 25 with the top airflow control, I would go for whichever I could get cheapest at the time if I only wanted to get one or the other :).

thedoberman

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm a little late to the party but here's my xp with these tanks.
They are both very similar tanks but I like that the Gemini offers air holes at the top. As far as building both are about the same. For long term use, the gemini has held up much better for me. I have to put my griffin in the freezer frequently to take it apart. (documented around the web). The seals also deteriorated very quickly. I am still on my first seals on the Gemini and it has had as much if not more day to day use. The Gemini comes apart with ease. Based on this, I give the nod to the Gemini......but then.
I had been eye-balling a 7ML tank called the Aromamizer Supreme. In fact I was placing an order for a backup Gemini (since I broke the tank on my first) when I decided to throw in the Aromamizer since it was on sale. That was 4 weeks ago. Unfortunately, I unboxed by my new Gemini but that's as far as I got with that. It still sits in my drawer to this day. My backup Gemini, day to day Gemini and cranky Griffin all sit in vape shelf purgatory with their half empty juice tanks getting darker by the day.

I have no intention of going back to either and have already added a second Aromamizer. It truly is everything I could want in a tank and IMO better than either of the aforementioned. Great size build deck, easy breakdown and awesome construction. Airflow is great even without the top vents. I can't say enough about this tank. If you want to know more about my build let me know.

For me it goes in this order:
Aromamizer Supreme
Gemini
Griffin

Good luck!

VU Sponsors