Griffin vs VCMT

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
3023908e8bfc72d59051b418e4b2df3d.jpg

My thoughts I like the vcmt deck better, more room easier to work with.

The griffen seems to wick better then the vcmt.

Flavor is about the same on both depending on airflow and what not.

Way more vapor and airflow from the vcmt.

Neither one leaks at all.

Both are awsome tank's my days of dripping are over.

Welcome input would love to hear what you have to say.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

My son brought his 25mm vcmt over the other day and I couldn't tell that it made any more vapor production than my Griffin. But I removed the metal band from my Griffin and it is a totally different tank than with it in.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My son brought his 25mm vcmt over the other day and I couldn't tell that it made any more vapor production than my Griffin. But I removed the metal band from my Griffin and it is a totally different tank than with it in.
What band?

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dropped my griffin last night and thought I broke it, not the glass or anything but the juice flow control was so loose it wasn't vapeable, it would just spin. So I took it apart and whacked the top of the posts with a hammer and it fixed the press fit base wich is pretty cool.

NOLA_Willie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
image.jpeg I really enjoy both. Great flavor and vapor.
If wicked correctly, no leaking whatsoever.
Personally, I'd have to give the VCMT the slight edge being a 25mm, because of deck size and capacity. Both are great tanks.
I'm toying with idea of purchasing the 30mm
VCMT just for the mere size of it. From pictures I've seen, it looks awesome resting atop a Reuleaux DNA 200 which is my favorite mod at this time. No noticeable overhang when used with a Reuleaux sporting a silicon sleeve.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The metal ring right on top of the juice channels. Would be where you tuck the cotton. Just unscrew it and leave it out and you'll see what I mean.
I've heard of people doing this, but the one time I tried it was leak city!

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine seems to function fine with it. No dry hits or leaks don't really see the need.

Well I was having trouble with it when I tried to run anything over 70 watts but now I can run whatever and no problems. We all vape different so you know how that goes. It will flood some when filling if you don't leave a little bit of an air space. This is just my experience with my tank.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Removing the ring allows juice to seep into the deck from all angles...good luck running that like that for real and make sure you bring a napkin for your mess.

I personally like the Griffin more then the VCMT but I end up using the VCMT while I go out for capacity...If they made a 25mm Griffin then I dont think the VCMT could compete. I feel the Griffin is much better machined, better designed and is more refined. Believe it or not the griffin can hold slightly bigger builds, the 25mm VCMT Chamber Cap fits inside the Griffins Chamber Cap...
VCMT Griffin Builds .jpg VCMT Griffin Builds.jpg VCMT Griffin.jpg VCMT Griffin .jpg VCMT Griffin Builds  .jpg VCMT Griffin  .jpg VCMT Griffin   .jpg

Attachments

• VCMT Griffin Builds   .jpg
    VCMT Griffin Builds .jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 22
I know what you're saying but I have no leaking issues what so ever and been using it like this for about a month. And I agree with you about the 25mm Griffin,that would be the end all as far as rta's go for me. I really like the Griffin.

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The juice flow control feature on the griffin pisses me off sometimes and I don't see the need for it unless you want to take your build deck out without emptying the tank but I never have to anyway. And if you know how to wick then their is no need to juice adjustment is my thinking. I hate driving in the dark and get a dry hit cause that damn tank turned the juice off in my pocket.
Maybe if the added a stopper to know when your juice is fully open or closed would help. Just sucks turning on the light and fucking with it, mind as well drip in that case.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The juice flow control feature on the griffin pisses me off sometimes and I don't see the need for it unless you want to take your build deck out without emptying the tank but I never have to anyway. And if you know how to wick then their is no need to juice adjustment is my thinking. I hate driving in the dark and get a dry hit cause that damn tank turned the juice off in my pocket.
Maybe if the added a stopper to know when your juice is fully open or closed would help. Just sucks turning on the light and fucking with it, mind as well drip in that case.

Use a Dremel and cut them out wider going outwards...then it will be real juice control for all four channels rather then 2 at a time.I was thinking of using some Red Threadlock and putting some on the threads on the Juice Port ring, on one of my griffins it comes off when taking the tank off every time. The other Griffin doesnt have this issue...

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use a Dremel and cut them out wider going outwards...then it will be real juice control for all four channels rather then 2 at a time.I was thinking of using some Red Threadlock and putting some on the threads on the Juice Port ring, on one of my griffins it comes off when taking the tank off every time. The other Griffin doesnt have this issue...
You saying my Griffin only opens 2 ports at once? I thought all 4 opened together. :confused:

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You saying my Griffin only opens 2 ports at once? I thought all 4 opened together. :confused:

You can only cut down 2 ports at a time you clown...thats what I meant by juice control for 2 ports at a time. You can either have 2 opposing holes half closed and the other 2 open or all four opened right now.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can only cut down 2 ports at a time you clown...thats what I meant by juice control for 2 ports at a time. You can either have 2 opposing holes half closed and the other 2 open or all four opened right now.
Why am I a clown if I don't understand?
Name calling is so old school..won't be liking your posts any more anytime soon, lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Why am I a clown if I don't understand?
Name calling is so old school..won't be liking your posts any more anytime soon, lol

Clowns make me laugh, you made me giggle, therefor called you a clown. I calls'ems as I sees'ems :D

VU Sponsors