Become a Patron!

Grub nut replacement for VT133 510 connection ??

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey folks... 510 connector on VT133 wobbly due to loose/stripped grubs on top (has 3 holding it in place). Sent email to HCigar for specs but mail was returned... couldn't find phone contact on site... Anyone happen to know the specs so I can pick some up? Would greatly appreciate any guidance! :cheers:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
i would take it to True Value hardware and start looking and checking.

how did they get stripped ?

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks jinx'd. I use an Aromamizer Supreme tank (tall monster tank) that is quite heavy, and whenever I close the air ring and dial, then twist off top to fill, I probably -- over the last many years - have put stress on the 510 connection (those screws) and the threads eventually wore from that. That's all I can figure. Only one screw is not stripped and all I'm using at the mo'.

I did look up the screw/grubs at one point years ago and thought they were M3's or something, but can't remember now... but will look up a True Value around here somewhere... I usually use Lowe's but I don't recall them carrying small screws like this...

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thanks jinx'd. I use an Aromamizer Supreme tank (tall monster tank) that is quite heavy, and whenever I close the air ring and dial, then twist off top to fill, I probably -- over the last many years - have put stress on the 510 connection (those screws) and the threads eventually wore from that. That's all I can figure. Only one screw is not stripped and all I'm using at the mo'.

I did look up the screw/grubs at one point years ago and thought they were M3's or something, but can't remember now... but will look up a True Value around here somewhere... I usually use Lowe's but I don't recall them carrying small screws like this...

ok, that makes sense.

thats why i said True Value. the one by me has all kinds of screws. but idk where you live, maybe in a small town and the TV, if you even have one, may not have odd size screws.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We have a TV nearby and I'm in a big city so there's a chance... will try them this week. Have a good one!

VU Sponsors