Become a Patron!

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 Gives Drax and the Team Perfect Exits, Says Dave Bautista

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Dave Bautista has said Drax and the team are given "perfect" endings in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, so he has no plans to return to play the character again.

During a recent appearance on The Tonight Show, Bautista insisted that the upcoming Guardians movie would be his final outing as Drax the Destroyer, noting that he and his co-stars signed up for a trilogy and writer-director James Gunn has crafted the "perfect exit" for the team.

"This is my seventh film as Drax. And my third Guardians [movie]," he explained to host Jimmy Fallon. "It was like our trilogy. That's kind of what we all signed up for, to do a trilogy. And I think this will be the last version of our Guardians of the Galaxy."

Bautista has expressed a desire to move on to more dramatic acting roles after ending his tenure as Drax. He told Fallon that it felt like the right time to step away from the character and that he would never want to "tarnish" his exit by returning to the role.

"We all had those perfect character arcs and such a storybook ending," Bautista said. "I constantly relate it to the way I ended my wrestling career. I ended it on a storybook note. And I would never go back and tarnish that. And it's the same with this.

"With Drax, I just got to end the perfect way," he added. "And I would never sign up for another job as Drax just to get a paycheck. I would tarnish that [perfect ending], and I won't do it."

As well as being Drax's swan song, Guardians 3 is expected to be Gunn's last MCU movie as he's now in charge of co-leading DC Studios with Peter Safran. Together, they have devised a long-term plan for a revamped DCU, which they're calling Chapter One: Gods and Monsters.

Gunn called the upcoming Guardians movie a torturous and emotional farewell compared to the more cheerful Disney+ Holiday Special, though the seasonal short shouldn't be overlooked as it did reveal some important details about the team and what might be coming next.

Adele Ankers-Range is a freelance entertainment writer for IGN. Follow her on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors