Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Nice, just picked up this Troy A4

aerodan

Member For 3 Years
Reddit Exile
I read today in our ATF newsletter that form 4s are going to eFile online, and as such wait times may come down to merely unacceptable levels rather than pure ridiculous. Like 3 months or less. Might be a good time to sign up for a suppressor or SBR in the early new year. Just what I’ve read from them and from Silencerco.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
NJ Sucks for gun owners. Bought a Rugger 9MM PC Carbine which has to be sent out before I can take possession of it because the barrel is treaded so it needs a muzzle brake, and the stock is telescopic, so it needs to be pinned in order to be NJ compliant.
Screenshot 2022-05-14 204602.png

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
NJ Sucks for gun owners. Bought a Rugger 9MM PC Carbine which has to be sent out before I can take possession of it because the barrel is treaded so it needs a muzzle brake, and the stock is telescopic, so it needs to be pinned in order to be NJ compliant.
View attachment 193358
Not broaching this with any confrontational intention/s. Find it interesting to say the least each state can regulate their own arms laws. I can see the argument there should be a Standardized Federal Law regulating arms, to avoid any divisiveness between the states. Can also see the argument against that Standardized Federal Law for similar reasoning respectively of each state.

Still do believe in the right of any American to bear arms. That does not mean I think we let anyone have carte a blanche with said right. There are bad people who have bad intent. There are confused people and yes children that need supervised, or firearms held at bay around. So yes, I can see some moderate restriction on that right.

Apologies if this reads that I sit on the fence. Maybe I do but that lets me see all the different sides and come up with a happy middle for myself. "We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming, ..."

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Not broaching this with any confrontational intention/s. Find it interesting to say the least each state can regulate their own arms laws. I can see the argument there should be a Standardized Federal Law regulating arms, to avoid any divisiveness between the states. Can also see the argument against that Standardized Federal Law for similar reasoning respectively of each state.

Still do believe in the right of any American to bear arms. That does not mean I think we let anyone have carte a blanche with said right. There are bad people who have bad intent. There are confused people and yes children that need supervised, or firearms held at bay around. So yes, I can see some moderate restriction on that right.

Apologies if this reads that I sit on the fence. Maybe I do but that lets me see all the different sides and come up with a happy middle for myself. "We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming, ..."
FB_IMG_1652240507971.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As said I can see both sides of the issue. Said as well, I'm not here to debate, argue for, or against either side. Imho, can see a need for responsible gun use & regulation/s to promote that ends. Not saying confiscate, or ban all arms. Not saying we let gangs run around with Mac 10s, AK 47s either. What I may advocate is a sensible balance. Beyond that know that is simply my opinion and further know my opinion merits nothing.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
As said I can see both sides of the issue. Said as well, I'm not here to debate, argue for, or against either side. Imho, can see a need for responsible gun use & regulation/s to promote that ends. Not saying confiscate, or ban all arms. Not saying we let gangs run around with Mac 10s, AK 47s either. What I may advocate is a sensible balance. Beyond that know that is simply my opinion and further know my opinion merits nothing.
Legal gun owners are not in gangs or do hold-ups. Legal gun owners make it safe for everyone with most who will intervein a holdup or shooting being good citizens protecting innocent life. Criminals obtain stolen guns. and most have a record that will not allow them by federal, and state laws to buy a legal gun. The states just have to crack down harder on anyone caught with a illegal gun with mandatory jail time like NJ is 5 years no exceptions.
Screenshot_20220514-220731_Facebook.jpg

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Legal gun owners are not in gangs or do hold-ups. Legal gun owners make it safe for everyone with most who will intervein a holdup or shooting being good citizens protecting innocent life. Criminals obtain stolen guns. and most have a record that will not allow them by federal, and state laws to buy a legal gun.

Like I said, yes, I can comprehend your point and argument. I agree with it. Legal gun owners are indeed the "good guys" who are getting shafted by too much restriction, imo. I am not arguing against you.

Can see the other side of the coin though. If there are no weapons to start out then no further violence. Save the children, let government enforce no arms for anyone. Let the government use armed thugs to back this up.

I will not agree with that argument. Violence will happen with or without arms. We'll pick up sticks and stones if handy. No I'll not support or argue for banning arms either. Yet I can see the point of having some restriction. Make it more difficult for the "bad" guys to get arms in order that the "good" guys can be safe.

I'm not arguing for, or against either side save for standing against full absolute ban of all arms. Thinking that would solve the problem of violence is ludicrous to remain nice and civil.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Legal gun owners are not in gangs or do hold-ups. Legal gun owners make it safe for everyone with most who will intervein a holdup or shooting being good citizens protecting innocent life. Criminals obtain stolen guns. and most have a record that will not allow them by federal, and state laws to buy a legal gun. The states just have to crack down harder on anyone caught with a illegal gun with mandatory jail time like NJ is 5 years no exceptions.
View attachment 193414
As I recall (when I was taking a class for concealed gun license) they said that if you board an airplane, and check your Glock to be in your luggage... and even have a layover in New York, you can be arrested, because the weapon's magazine holds too many cartridges according to that state's laws.

It does not matter that you did everything right, by the book. You might be a responsible gun owner. If you happen to accidentally be in the wrong place even with an unloaded weapon you have no access to, you can still be arrested.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
As I recall (when I was taking a class for concealed gun license) they said that if you board an airplane, and check your Glock to be in your luggage... and even have a layover in New York, you can be arrested, because the weapon's magazine holds too many cartridges according to that state's laws.

It does not matter that you did everything right, by the book. You might be a responsible gun owner. If you happen to accidentally be in the wrong place even with an unloaded weapon you have no access to, you can still be arrested.281630754_311680721147701_9103901019106673975_n.jpg

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This Bull Shit showed up in my inbox today

mail
BAN AR-15 GUNS

So, are they sayin all police carrying these rifles are murderers?????? What about the national reserves and so on???

Please protect your second amendment rights at all costs!!!!!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
This Bull Shit showed up in my inbox today

mail
BAN AR-15 GUNS

So, are they sayin all police carrying these rifles are murderers?????? What about the national reserves and so on???

Please protect your second amendment rights at all costs!!!!!
I'm with you. "Assault" rifle isn't a classification, it's a media term.
Ban 9mm ammo? Shit gets deeper and deeper.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of media terms, ran across this the other day. I don't like this guy and IDK so much about his intro, but it gets interesting.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Still true: When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

No one in their right mind can believe that criminals will give up their guns just because they are illegal.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Of course....we knew this was going to happen ....
House Passes Gun Control Legislation :mad:
Will the Senate STAND UP and FIGHT :question:

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Email I received this morning.

76a5da5f107e775ba013236035f95d72.jpg

The Senate could move on this bill as early as this week! So don’t delay and contact your Senators immediately.

These ten Republicans made a deal to sell your gun rights away for scraps.
These are the Ten BACKSTABBERS:

John Cornyn (TX)

Lindsay Graham (SC)

Thom Tillis (NC)

Richard Burr (NC)

Mitt Romney (UT)

Bill Cassidy (LA)

Roy Blunt (MO)

Susan Collins (ME)

Rob Portman (OH)

Pat Toomey (PA)

Here’s the deal: Red Flag Gun Confiscation, Expanded Gun Registration, and restrictions on the rights of military age Americans to purchase firearms.

National Association For Gun Rights is far better than the NRA,.... IMO

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So... don't have any pics to show (and even if I did, it would just be my old Ruger 10-22) long story, but a friend who was allowed to stay at my house for a few weeks (yea right... couldn't get rid of that asshole) thought I was threatening him with my little 22 (no way... was just carrying it from my Jeep to put up in my bedroom) It was not loaded and in a soft case) He grabbed it from me (I never mentioned or threatened him in any way) Ran off in the woods and hid it... then called the sheriff. They took it (no charges, just a "cool off" period) No big deal. Then when I waited the required time to get it back, they said I never registered it (new California law even though it was federally registered in my name when I bought it) I never did get it back... whatever! Funny thing (about anti-gun people) is I could buy accessories to make it "look" like an "assault rifle" (but still is just a wimpy 22) Anyway...
All I have to say is "guns don't kill people... people kill people" Nuff said.
About the South... my relatives are from Oklahoma and Missouri, wife's are from Arkansas and Louisiana so we have that southern blood (not sure if that's good or bad)
Just for fun (and southern roots) here are two videos:

Click watch on you tube...

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So my old neighbor had a shotgun and a home-made clay target launcher (really nice design) We went way out in the country and tried it out. I smoked him (he was quite jealous because I never did this before)
When I was 12 years old, went to visit my grandparents way up in the mountains. My older cousins were also there. We sneaked off and shot an old 22 (crappy tube feed... kept jamming, that's why I bought the ruger) Anyway... we just shot targets and old junk on the mountain property (it was fun and I learned about firearm safety) My dad never knew (he wasn't into guns) We also shot 22 (single shot loaders) in the boy scouts. I feel this was all a good experience. I learned a healthy respect for firearms (and how to safely use them)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
"AR-15 style"... I hate this term. Check this out:
1655259196554.jpeg
I don't care what it looks like... it's still just a wimpy 22 LOL

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So... don't have any pics to show (and even if I did, it would just be my old Ruger 10-22) long story, but a friend who was allowed to stay at my house for a few weeks (yea right... couldn't get rid of that asshole) thought I was threatening him with my little 22 (no way... was just carrying it from my Jeep to put up in my bedroom) It was not loaded and in a soft case) He grabbed it from me (I never mentioned or threatened him in any way) Ran off in the woods and hid it... then called the sheriff. They took it (no charges, just a "cool off" period) No big deal. Then when I waited the required time to get it back, they said I never registered it (new California law even though it was federally registered in my name when I bought it) I never did get it back... whatever! Funny thing (about anti-gun people) is I could buy accessories to make it "look" like an "assault rifle" (but still is just a wimpy 22) Anyway...
All I have to say is "guns don't kill people... people kill people" Nuff said.
About the South... my relatives are from Oklahoma and Missouri, wife's are from Arkansas and Louisiana so we have that southern blood (not sure if that's good or bad)
Just for fun (and southern roots) here are two videos:

Click watch on you tube...
Hope you charged the fucker for theft of a firearm.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hope you charged the fucker for theft of a firearm.
That was exactly my thought (but he called the cops first so they never heard my side of the story)
In the end, I was only charged with disturbing the peace.
PS: don't ever let a friend stay at your house (you might never get rid of them) After a few months you legally can't even make them leave.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That was exactly my thought (but he called the cops first so they never heard my side of the story)
In the end, I was only charged with disturbing the peace.
PS: don't ever let a friend stay at your house (you might never get rid of them) After a few months you legally can't even make them leave.
I reckon he ain't a friend anymore, as if he was ever really one in the first place.

They say an acquaintance will hang out and get drunk with you. A friend will either be in jail with you that night, or bailing you out.

aerodan

Member For 3 Years
Reddit Exile
I was at a 3D printing company today, touring for some equipment for my company. They showed off a new metal printer, total cost about 48K including the cleaning station. I asked the guy if it could print a gun and he said "oh we have an FFL, we've printed 1911s"... it struck me (and not for the first time) that the future of manufacturing is going to be more and more local. It's a fiscal necessity, by economic reality of the manufacturing backlogs we see today.

Consider a future where a box of recycled pellets or metal powder shows up at your house... pop it into the machine and, hey, want a dinnerware set, but only four pieces? Buy the design from Ikea online and print it at home in metal.

...what I saw in that shop was the future of home manufacturing. It's not here yet but it's coming fast. If a bad guy can print a dozen guns for the cost of raw materials, what's gun control?

This isn't to make a big political statement, but more to say that vaping, guns and most else one can wish for are a Fusion 360 CAD file away from reality. It's nerdy now, but I'll wager a lot that it'll be turnkey in my lifetime. Just like alcohol was run during prohibition, and drugs flood everywhere despite their illegality.

DDlegio popped up when I typed in 3D printed arms... interesting... and look what guys like Tek Division are doing with 3D printed mods! Metal printing makes the whole thing even more feasible.

VU Sponsors