Become a Patron!

Halt and Catch Fire: "New Coke" Review

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Spoilers for "New Coke" within.

To open “New Coke” with a James Cromwell appearance was certainly a pleasant surprise, and I’m happy to say that despite being wholly disconnected from the Cardiff gang, Joe’s storyline this season is shaping up to be quite engaging.

Cromwell enters Halt and Catch Fire as Jacob Wheeler, Sara’s father, who offers Joe an opportunity in his oil company in a scene that steals the show right from the top. Lee Pace and Cromwell play it perfectly, Cromwell’s Jacob seeing right through Joe’s new timid shell and lands him a degrading job doing menial data entry where he has to ask permission to use the microfiche.

Given Joe’s history and own daddy issues, this is an interesting challenge for him and I was glad to see him rise to the occasion. Season 1 Joe surely would’ve smashed the microfiche machine to pieces (or lit it on fire), but instead he manned up and decided to try and prove himself. I found it interesting, however, that Sara’s ex-husband sounds a lot like old Joe – a good talker that is able to swindle anyone into financial deals they aren’t sure about. I guess she’s got a type.

Continue reading…

Continue reading...

VU Sponsors