Become a Patron!

Hammer of god battery latch

I recently bought a hammer of god v3.2 hellhound edition. I used it for two days and battery latch wont open and it stopped firing. I never dropped it so im not sure why it would not work. Any suggestions how to open it

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It can happen that you need to press against the battery door while trying to move the latch with your fingernail. If juice leaked into the battery door, use a bit of vodka to unstuck the latch by gently keep wiggling the latch back and forth... don't apply brute force because the latch is spring loaded and these little springs can break. As for why the mod stopped firing. First thing is always to check your batteries if you haven't already. Could be something as simple as the adjustable 510 pin on the mod needs re-adjustment, but always measure the ohms of your atomizer before jumping to any fast conclusions, and, even then, you can't be sure so what you need to do is, disassemble the mod and carefully inspect every little detail, properly, before putting the mod properly back together again. Familiarize yourself with the mechanics of the mod. It's the only way to avoid unpleasant surprises.

Hype

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had the spring on the latch come off straight of of the box on mine , easy fix Vodka is good to get rid of e juice but why waste it when brake cleaner does the same . Hope this helps ..

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
but why waste it when brake cleaner does the same .
It's because brake cleaner is toxic so I would need to wear gloves to protect my fingers. I can't wiggle the latch back and forth with my fingernail, CAREFULLY, if I'm wearing gloves. That plus the fact brake cleaner stinks to higher than high heavens, and the smell just keeps lingering also in addition to that... it actually even also is harmful when inhaled so that's why.

Hype

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fair enough .Soft hands are ok . I get it .However in defence of brake cleaner , it is to be used in a well vented area ( common sense ), it does evaporate faster than Vodka ,and residual smell can be washed off with water. We all have our rituals for cleaning things .. We are all different .

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fair enough .Soft hands are ok . I get it .However in defence of brake cleaner , it is to be used in a well vented area ( common sense ), it does evaporate faster than Vodka ,and residual smell can be washed off with water. We all have our rituals for cleaning things .. We are all different .
The fact it evaporates faster than vodka is irrelevant if you're going to wash off the smell with water. And besides, you only need about half a sip of vodka to unstuck the latch so it isn't like you're wasting that much vodka. Putting on gloves, going to a well vented area, washing it with water, putting the gloves back where they belong... all that takes additional time and effort, and, time is money too.

Hype

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The fact it evaporates faster than vodka is irrelevant if you're going to wash off the smell with water. And besides, you only need about half a sip of vodka to unstuck the latch so it isn't like you're wasting that much vodka. Putting on gloves, going to a well vented area, washing it with water, putting the gloves back where they belong... all that takes additional time and effort, and, time is money too.
Ok . You win . !! I have noting to prove here . Yes you win. Enjioy the Vodka . Hope you are well . Stay safe .

VU Sponsors