Become a Patron!

Harry Potter: Hogwarts Tournament of Houses Is a Wizarding World Quiz Show Presented by Helen Mirren

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Warner Bros. has officially announced the title of its upcoming Harry Potter quiz show. Harry Potter: Hogwarts Tournament of Houses will be a four-part series, presented by Dame Helen Mirren.

The quiz show, which celebrates the 20th anniversary of the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone, will award the winner the title of House Cup champion. To win, contestants will need to prove themselves the most knowledgeable about the Wizarding World across hundreds of trivia questions.

"Special guest surprises" are promised, hinting at actors from the film series, but the show will be fronted by Helen Mirren, one of Britain's most famous actresses, and a surprising omission from the star-studded British cast of the Harry Potter movies. “I knew someday I’d get a Harry Potter role, and I’m so pleased to take part in the 20-year film celebration,” said Mirren in a press release. “The films inspired such enchantment and wonder for so many of us, and it will be such a treat to reignite that magic for the countless fans who continue to revel in this spellbinding world.”

The four-part show is due to be filmed later this month, and will premiere later this year on both Cartoon Network's ACME Night and TBS. It will then be made available on HBO Max.

Earlier this year there were reports of a Harry Potter series being planned for HBO Max. It's unclear if that show is, in fact, Harry Potter: Hogwarts Tournament of Houses, or if there are/were plans for a scripted drama set in the Wizarding World. At the time Warner denied that any Harry Potter show was in development, but the company has noted its interest in expanding the franchise beyond the film series and its Fantastic Beasts spin-off.

Matt Purslow is IGN's UK News and Entertainment Writer.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors