Has Vaping helped you lose weight?

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Has Vaping help you in your weight loss Journey at all?

My tobacco/nicotine intake before vaping was limited to the occasional cigar or occasional dip.

I would smoke a cigar with friends or have one with a drink during the summer time. I would also dip during road trips or up at the family farm during the summer. The nicotine would help me stay alert and awake on the road.

Then when I was introduced to vaping I pretty much only did it while taking long drives (in place of dip) or occasionally when drinking with friends, or I would vape while they smoked analogs. This all was while using cig-a-like, eGo/CE4, or an itaste VV/protank

When I started my weightloss transformation, I had to cut back on drinking and eating socially. I started vaping in its place. I also found it helped with my sweet tooth when I could vape desert type flavors.

I then out grew the set ups I was using and got into RTA's, RDA's, regulated box mods, and mech mods. Then it made the vape alot more enjoyable. So now I still vape to help control my sweet tooth and when I go out.

So it really has helped me.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You can still eat socially, you have options.
For my sweet tooth... NO but I limit myself to 1-2xs a month relaxing of the strictness, it prevents total failures and back slides.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i count calories as my primary way of dieting, i stick to it very rigidly. i do allow myself 1 cheat a week. if going to a party was not accounted for....then i just dont eat or drink there (other than any no-calorie beverages like water or diet pop)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Might want to look into the aspertaime thing a bit.
How the body converts it will scare the hell out of you.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
its not a regular thing

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I remember, I'll have to get back to you about vaping and weight loss next year after I (hopefully) get back into bicycling.
Only started vaping in September and the winter months with the holidays are a horrible time to try and loose weight.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No. The flavors trigger my sweet tooth, I tried tobacco flavor juice, but don't like it.
A little story.... When I was young, I started smoking, and continued for 13 years. I stopped cold turkey. 3 years ago, I started smoking again after not smoking for another 13 years. Before I started smoking again, I weighed 280#. When I started smoking again, I lost 50 #'s . now that im vaping, and snacking, ive gained back 30#'s. everyones different.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No. The flavors trigger my sweet tooth, I tried tobacco flavor juice, but don't like it.
A little story.... When I was young, I started smoking, and continued for 13 years. I stopped cold turkey. 3 years ago, I started smoking again after not smoking for another 13 years. Before I started smoking again, I weighed 280#. When I started smoking again, I lost 50 #'s . now that im vaping, and snacking, ive gained back 30#'s. everyones different.
Chocolate and ice cream flavors are no go.. all I do is rave ice cream.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vaping has definitely helped me lose weight. I've lost about 50 pounds since last summer.
Even yesterday, instead of eating a huge rice krispy treat, I vaped some Sugar Cookie w/ Vanilla Ice Cream flavored juice and my craving was curbed!

tchavei

Member For 4 Years
Unfortunately, the opposite. I must have gained 20 pounds since I gave up smoking.

Analogs are somehow appetite inhibitors. I can't say the same about my e-liquids even though I only vape straight menthol or Heisenberg.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my GT-I9195 through Tapatalk

"Je suis Charlie" - R. I. P.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have an eating disorder so I really can't say....I'm sure there are studies published that can determine the effect that nicotine has with weight loss.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have not but I have a friend who swears that when she started vaping dessert flavors she lost weight.

However, she said most of the weight loss was in her Butt and Boobs so she went back to vaping other flavors.

finelines

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not me and quite the opposite. I've gained 15lbs since I've been vaping and I'm NOT happy about it.:mad:
Now that I've been vaping 10 months analog free....time to get the extra weight off! :confused:

TIM JOHNSON

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I too have actually gained about 20 lbs since quitting Analogs 4 months ago. Time to get back in the gym, I can breath now just cant bend over and tie my shoes lol.

TIM JOHNSON

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unfortunately, the opposite. I must have gained 20 pounds since I gave up smoking.

Analogs are somehow appetite inhibitors. I can't say the same about my e-liquids even though I only vape straight menthol or Heisenberg.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my GT-I9195 through Tapatalk

"Je suis Charlie" - R. I. P.
Heisenberg? xxxx flavor JK ;)

TowerOfVape

RISH of Passage
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
I can't really say if I dropped some pounds since I started vaping. However, I can say that there were a multitude of times when I wanted amazing sweets such as red velvet cake, banana pudding, or a delicious and TASTY lemon-glazed pudding cake. Instead, I vaped a flavor that encompassed those flavors. Gotta luv the variety we as vapers enjoy day after day: Vendor after vendor!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wish I was one that lost weight with vaping. After I stopped smoking, my taste buds came back with VENGEANCE. Everything tastes so much better now. I can vape cookies and eat em, too, like no one's business.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It actually curved my sweet tooth. I can't say I have lost weight but I can say I don't have a desire for the sweets like I did.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have found when i am put in a situation with tempting food, i am much less tempted by the sweets, but i still crave pizza and burgers

the other day I was at a social gathering that had a decent selection of finger foods, i had not problem passing on the cream cheese frosted brownies, but i did ALMOST cave and have some sausage rotel dip

Taajsgpm

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

My tobacco/nicotine intake before vaping was limited to the occasional cigar or occasional dip.

I would smoke a cigar with friends or have one with a drink during the summer time. I would also dip during road trips or up at the family farm during the summer. The nicotine would help me stay alert and awake on the road.

Then when I was introduced to vaping I pretty much only did it while taking long drives (in place of dip) or occasionally when drinking with friends, or I would vape while they smoked analogs. This all was while using cig-a-like, eGo/CE4, or an itaste VV/protank

When I started my weightloss transformation, I had to cut back on drinking and eating socially. I started vaping in its place. I also found it helped with my sweet tooth when I could vape desert type flavors.

I then out grew the set ups I was using and got into RTA's, RDA's, regulated box mods, and mech mods. Then it made the vape alot more enjoyable. So now I still vape to help control my sweet tooth and when I go out.

Great topic, when I get the munchies Itoke my estick ,vaping is great for avoiding weight gain, alt least in my exerieince

Kendall

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vaping has not helped me lose weight. The only success I have had with losing weight is when I eat only healthy food and move more.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really can't tell. I gain in winter, sweat it off in summer. I'm @ 220-225. 30 lbs over ain't bad for my age. I drop 25 in august. Wrestling a big motorcycle around town is a workout for my age. I breathe better so I do more.

JLFROST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think a lot of people put on winter weight, I did...probably because it gets so cold here in Michigan that the insulation is needed to protect the ol bones!:D I was 175 pounds before winter started and now I am 198 pounds going into spring. I wished that vaping helped me get rid of the weight because looking at the 198 lbs on the scale makes me sick. So if vaping could help me get rid of the weight I would be going through
10 30mls a day to prepare my beach body for summer!

LanceK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I get those extra winter pounds as well o_O but its okay because I make sure to lose it by summer. I think vaping can help people lose weight. When I vape tobacco flavors I find the taste takes over and I desire food less. Maybe thats just me!?

JLFROST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I get those extra winter pounds as well o_O but its okay because I make sure to lose it by summer. I think vaping can help people lose weight. When I vape tobacco flavors I find the taste takes over and I desire food less. Maybe thats just me!?
That may be true for some people, but I can not find a single tobacco flavor that mimics the flavor or at least somewhat tastes like it.
I know it's probably difficult to recreate the flavor in juice because you don't have the chemicals in the juice that are in the cigarettes

Petyr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I also get some puff around the edges during the winter, even though I go jogging almost daily. But before I started vaping I was about 210lbs. After I started vaping, suddenly I could run more than 30 yards without coughing my lungs out and I dropped to around 155lbs, but that was my way back now with all the insulation I am 170lbs.

LanceK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That may be true for some people, but I can not find a single tobacco flavor that mimics the flavor or at least somewhat tastes like it.
I know it's probably difficult to recreate the flavor in juice because you don't have the chemicals in the juice that are in the cigarettes
Agreed it is a hard sensation to recreate. I personally like the Joy Flavor tobacco flavors as a replacement, might be worth giving those a try. Also you probably need high nicotine levels, that could also help.

JLFROST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Agreed it is a hard sensation to recreate. I personally like the Joy Flavor tobacco flavors as a replacement, might be worth giving those a try. Also you probably need high nicotine levels, that could also help.

Well I only used the higher mg's when I was using my variable voltage device but I stay at around 6mg-3mg nicotine when I am using my dripper. I guess in a way if you really wanted to loose weight you could substitute flavors like banana split for your desserts, or make flavors like hot dog and hamburger and vape those instead of eating dinner.
Good idea?
tumblr_mgb5jtsyth1rtemcdo4_250.gif

LanceK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I only used the higher mg's when I was using my variable voltage device but I stay at around 6mg-3mg nicotine when I am using my dripper. I guess in a way if you really wanted to loose weight you could substitute flavors like banana split for your desserts, or make flavors like hot dog and hamburger and vape those instead of eating dinner.
Good idea?
tumblr_mgb5jtsyth1rtemcdo4_250.gif

Haha I like that idea. I haven't tried substituting a dessert flavor for a real dessert but it sounds brilliant. Now I just need a few ice cream flavors :p

Hi guys, I am not trying to lose weight but think the dessert idea is a good one! I think something like Cinnamon Roll or Cinnatoast munch E from Mount Baker Vapor would be a great fit. Another idea would be mixing fruit flavors, I have used Joy Flavor Blueberry Fantasy and Two Apple together and its fruity heaven. Hope this helps

JLFROST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
SaraS post: 400523 said:
Hi guys, I am not trying to lose weight but think the dessert idea is a good one! I think something like Cinnamon Roll or Cinnatoast munch E from Mount Baker Vapor would be a great fit. Another idea would be mixing fruit flavors, I have used Joy Flavor Blueberry Fantasy and Two Apple together and its fruity heaven. Hope this helps
come to think about it I just had a wonderful cinnamon toast flavor by Cutwood called Sugar Bear. A little expensive for the size of the bottle that you get but it's well worth a try. A wonderful substitute for breakfast cereal since it's sweet and full of flavor LOL

Haha I like that idea. I haven't tried substituting a dessert flavor for a real dessert but it sounds brilliant. Now I just need a few ice cream flavors :p

It is a good idea isn't it? maybe a healthier substitute for me binge eating ice cream on those not so good rainy days when you're just feeling down on your luck. Vaping, helping you quit those nasty cigarettes and helping you cut calories! WOW! Blue moon or superman would be an excellent flavor to come up with or maybe even a rich Haagen Dazs Pineapple Coconut, they're both my favorite and I wonder if any exist ? hmm

Last edited:

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I smoked for 37 years and switched to vaping three years ago. I'm 6'4" and weighed 240 pounds when I switched. Vaping made no difference to my weight. I weaned off nic after about a year and still no difference.

Over the last year I gained about 25 pounds. Late last year I decided to do something about it before it became a 50 pound gain :rolleyes:. Changed the way I eat and have lost 20 pounds so far this year. Vaping didn't have anything to do with that either ;)

I was laid up for 11 months and gained 120lbs on steroids. After watching a story of Fox 25 I started vaping almost 3 years ago. I dropped 80lbs within the first 6 months. I traded in the hand to mouth of feeding my face with vaping my desert flavored e-liquid. While I am now down about 90-100lbs I am a vape junkie. So my answer is.... YES definitely. both hand to mouth and Kick Ash e-liquid my juice of choice... Cinnomon Swirl is like the center of a cinnamon roll drenched in icing.... I found desert flavors like Blueberry Pie or Strawberry Shortcake, Fruits like Melon Managerie and Candy flavors like Andes Kandies that satisfy every craving. I haven't found anything like them for mega flavor. Vaping Kicks Ash in Owasso Oklahoma have the best 100% American Made Juice with the most flavor I've found for my vape diet.

I use candy apple. Donut and lychee flavors as well as a chai late flavor. I have one called hidden dragon thats a remake of unicorn blood and its like a fruit tingle. I have not gotten hungry once since I began I eat now very small only because I feel full after the 3rd bite. This after 20 years of heavy dieting has been a godsend yes you can loose weight Vaping for sure

TowerOfVape

RISH of Passage
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
I can't really say if I dropped some pounds since I started vaping. However, I can say that there were a multitude of times when I wanted amazing sweets such as red velvet cake, banana pudding, or a delicious and TASTY lemon-glazed pudding cake. Instead, I vaped a flavor that encompassed those flavors. Gotta luv the variety we as vapers enjoy day after day: Vendor after vendor!

Forward a few months: OK, so yeah I'm under 290. I dropped nearly 90lbs since I started vaping full-time. I wasn't sure if it was vape-related or not, but there it is...I'm coming up 3 years next month. What a wild trip it's been! #vapingFTW :D

tchavei

Member For 4 Years
The only way I lose weight is to shut my mouth lol.

Congrats on the 90lbs

Regards
Tony

Sent from my keyboard through my phone or something like that.

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping is burning up my cheese burger money,...so I guess in that sense it is helping in my weight control.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have lost 30 lbs + -. Bought a new bicycle to make me smaller. Now if it will quit raining! It's a real mess here in Houston.

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It hasn't made me lose the weight, but it's helped me keep it off. Since quiting smoking reduces your metabolism, I did have to go back to the induction phase of my diet/lifestyle. Everything has evened out now. The bonus is I get to "eat" all the Sweet goodies I craved after I stopped eating sugar.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vaping is burning up my cheese burger money,...so I guess in that sense it is helping in my weight control.

Haha, is it bad that that's my thought too? The wife and I both vape and we hardly ever eat out any more because if we have extra money (which is rare since we are moving soon) we'd both rather spend it on some good juice or some kind of vape gear (that usually last a lot longer than a cheeseburger) and just make dinner at home which usually means a much healthier meal.

I can't say I've lost much weight since I stopped smoking but I've definitely gained lung capacity and stamina! We're moving to Denver in a couple weeks so I'm sure with all the hiking I'll be doing I can drop the few extra pounds I put on down here in TX

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, it's easy to gain weight here in Texas. All that bar-b-que and southern fried goodness. I'm always finding good alternatives though.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm so screwed, I can get to a Burger King & a Duncan Do Nuts. It stopped raining. Now I can smell, food is a fave.

dionysuskiss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol...I'm standing next to a Dunkin Donuts now. Smells like sugar and grease. I work in a bakery so, that stinks to me.

Each individual will respond in a different way.

In my case it didn't make a tiny difference! Still 5'3", 105Lbs.

But then again, it all depends on so many factors! Your lifestyle, your metabolism...

I use to smoke a pack a day of cigarillos and now am vaping a full Subtank Mini a day 18mg on my iStick 30w, no difference in weight or appetite gain or loss. Only the benefits of spending less and smelling even better than I used to when I smoked those damn things! ;-)

VU Sponsors