Become a Patron!

Having trouble with 22ga nichrome

ive been trying to get a .2 OHMS or close to that. But for some reason I can’t get past .1 OHMS. I’ve tried 3mm and 35mm with my coil master kit. 7-8 wraps on my Drop RDA

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
If dual coil on that RDA, 8 wraps (each Coil) ID 3mm. That will get you what you want.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Sounds like you might have something up with your ohm meter. +/- .01-.02 is normal. The wrap of wire, spacing, wire legs and so forth all play a part in final resistance. Unless you have been wrapping coils and have a process for wrapping the exact length of wire as input into steam engine, you will have a small variation.

Sounds like you might have something up with your ohm meter. +/- .01-.02 is normal. The wrap of wire, spacing, wire legs and so forth all play a part in final resistance. Unless you have been wrapping coils and have a process for wrapping the exact length of wire as input into steam engine, you will have a small variation.

I’ve been using the coil master kit v3

I’ve been using the coil master kit v3

When I wrap a single coil and put it on my mod it reads at .2 (sometimes a little more) I don’t get it lol. Getting frustrated by my own attempts.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I did this but for some reason it’s coming out at .09 OHMS. But when I put it on my voopoo and test fire it comes out at .17-.18???

You mean, when you do that build in Steam Engine? Can you take a screenshot?

Sounds like he was talking about 2 coils, so if you do a single coil, your resistance will be double

You doing one 4 wrap coil? Try two coils with 8 wraps...

Sounds like he was talking about 2 coils, so if you do a single coil, your resistance will be double

So if I do 8.5 wraps with dual coil I get .2ohms? I don’t know what happened to my mods I tried getting a reading on both my alien and voopoo both started at .09 OHMS. But now my voopoo is reading at .16OHMS...

I’m doing two coils at 8 wraps

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So if I do 8.5 wraps with dual coil I get .2ohms? I don’t know what happened to my mods I tried getting a reading on both my alien and voopoo both started at .09 OHMS. But now my voopoo is reading at .16OHMS...

If your wire is for sure 22awg N80 nichrome, two coils of 8.5 wraps (some people call it 9) around a 3.5mm rod will get you for sure 0.2 ohms or a little higher

Do you have a 3.5mm rod? If you don't, then 9.5 wraps (looks like 10) around a 3mm rod will get you just above 0.2

If it's much lower, then it's because your coil is touching part of the deck and it's shorting out

I would actually recommend a lower resistance though than 0.2 for your Voopoo, smaller coils like 5 or 6 wraps

If your wire is for sure 22awg N80 nichrome, two coils of 8.5 wraps (some people call it 9) around a 3.5mm rod will get you for sure 0.2 ohms or a little higher

If it's much lower, then it's because your coil is touching part of the deck and it's shorting out
Hmmmm maybe it was shorting. I’ll make sure it doesn’t have any little bits of legs on my deck. 3.5mm will do the trick huh? So should I just get close to 9 wrap (like 8 wraps but with two have wraps with the legs to make it 9?)

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hmmmm maybe it was shorting. I’ll make sure it doesn’t have any little bits of legs on my deck. 3.5mm will do the trick huh? So should I just get close to 9 wrap (like 8 wraps but with two have wraps with the legs to make it 9?)

That's right. And good idea - if there are no metal bits in there be sure it's not touching anything else, that will be huge coils (I still recommend smaller) but good luck

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thank you for your help! What smaller coil build would you recommend?

Well, just fewer wraps with your 22g N80 if that's all you have - my favorite gauge is 28, but I don't like hot vapes

I'd probably recommend a parallel build, two strands of 28 wrapped together, 3mm rod and 5 or 6 wraps (that'll be right above 0.2 ohm with nichrome)

VU Sponsors