☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It was a cold, foggy evening in mid-winter when three people wearing masks forced me from my home, one of them hung me from my legs and beat me with their hand until I cried. That was also when I took my first toke of air and have been addicted to it ever since. I then found that in my new home I had two house mates, both a lot larger than me and had smoke coming out of their mouths most of the time. Despite the fact that they both spoke English and had several college degrees, they tried to teach me some foreign language. I never understood the word “coochy coochy coo” but it seemed important to them that I should. My grandfather taught me my first word I could read. It was “beer”, it meant “here’s a nickel, don’t tell grandma”. Most of the people at the “nickel store” also had smoke coming out of their mouths and noses. No one ever said anything about 2nd hand smoke hurting you back then. Growing up it was easy to borrow cigs from my family and it was easy to buy cigs from machines that sold them at the golf course near my home. So guess what, I started to smoke.

When I was a senior in high school I was in the last drawing of draft numbers, my birthday drew 126 and that meant I was going to get drafted into the military. I chose to enlist into the Navy so I could be a part of the Naval Medical Corp. After med school I got “drafted” by the USMC’s amphibious tractor battalion. This was also during a time that you got a small 4 pack of smokes with each meal. All the marines liked to make friends with “Doc” so the non-smokers would always give me their 4 cigs. Cigs at the on base stores sold cartons of smokes for $2.50, out at sea they cost $1 a carton. So guess what, I continued to smoke.

I’ve had several jobs in life, cook, ran printing press, sold advertising, managed warehouse, delivered bombs (for the US Government), working disaster for HUD, insurance adjuster, armed guard for Pinkerton, moving mobile homes. Buying/selling coins/metals, secretary. In the late 70’s I started a company that designed and built devices to test the electoral systems on cars, truck, boats and equipment. Built upgraded charging and starting systems for customers that needed more power. Did the electoral systems for race cars that ran at some of the local tracks. I retired in 2001, but I think I work harder now than when I was “working”.

I think the local, county, state, federal, world government are pretty fucked-up. Complaining about it is only a waste of time. No one person can fix this problem, but all people can do something. If everyone stopped complaining and started helping, we can fix the world problems. For the last 20+ years I do my part by volunteering my time, to help teach/mentor young people, for a well-known youth group that is over 100 years old. A lot of those “kid” are now upstanding tax paying adults, many of them have joined and served in the military. Not a month goes by that one of more of them finds me and thanks me for what I did for them.

Back to my vaping adventure, I’ve tried to quit smoking almost since starting. Lettice cigarettes, clove cigs, cold turkey (quitting at once) cold turkey (the whiskey), being hypnotized (three times) The gum, that didn’t last long, about a minute, the patch (rolling was easy but I could never keep it lit) Chantix, (twice, no effect at all), Wellbutrin (twice, both times ended up in the ER), living with a GF that didn’t allow smoking in the house or car/truck. Sitting outside in the snow really makes you think about wanting to quit. On road trips we would use early cig-a-likes. I think chewing on them was better than trying to vape on them.Five years ago I got new GF and we started renting cars from Hertz and they started charging $60 cleaning fee if you smoked it their cars. My best friend took me to his friend that started a vape shop. Even the early e-go units were much better than those cig-a-likes. Five years ago I gave up cigarettes and started smoking filtered cigars and vaping when in car/truck. Two years ago I was down to 3 cigars a day and kept upgrading my vape units. Thanksgiving 2014 I ordered three spinner batteries and they sent me an iStick and two nautilus tanks. I thought I would give the iStick a try before sending it back. It felt so good and I used it all day (I was having to use two stick batteries to get me thru the day. I put together the Nautilus and filled it and it worked so much better than what I had been using. Here it is almost June 2015 and I’m still liking/using this iStick/Nautilus unit. I’ve been replacing the coil once a month and I break the glass tank about the same, but I’m good with that, coils about $2 and the tanks about $4, so it’s a lot cheaper than smoking and I can breathe better and now food taste better.

I have not smoked any tobacco cigarette in about a year and a half.

I started visiting ECF and right off the bat I got in trouble for saying “Hell-0, have a nice day” to 4 or 5 new members. I got in trouble for “spamming”. Then I got in trouble for posting the PM that the moderator sent me. Then I got in trouble for saying “What the hell is wrong with you people?” I came here to the VU and read the 5 rules (never could read all the ECF rules, they have a lottttttttttttttttttttttttttttt)

A couple of weeks ago I got a message from VU asking if I wanted to join the team of moderators here at the VU, I thought (they only have 5 rules, how hard can that be?) I feel honored that they are allowing me to be a part of this forum and team of staff. I can only hope I live up to their standards.

Okay I’m done, are you still reading this?10428040_10205595220937621_2558375790104005215_n.jpg

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bravo intro, Marcus:):)
We are glad to have you on the team, your story through life is an amazing one!!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
A couple of weeks ago I got a message from VU asking if I wanted to join the team of moderators here at the VU, I thought (they only have 5 rules, how hard can that be?) I feel honored that they are allowing me to be a part of this forum and team of staff. I can only hope I live up to their standards.

Okay I’m done, are you still reading this?View attachment 21437

What Standards?

First I am hearing of this!

Great intro and welcome to the "Dark Side Of The Moon":D

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Congrats and welcome to VU! Glad to have you here!

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the team Marcus!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Awesome intro Marcus! Really enjoyed reading this. So glad you're here with us. :)

Typos brought to you by: Phone!

itsyourmove

Hockey Fan
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome. I'm new also but I do know that if you read all the rules on ECF it takes about a week to get through them all. If they enforced them there would be zero posts. Every post violates some crazy rule they have. I found out there are those who can break the rules with nothing said while others are suspended. Whatever you do on ECF never mention the UK in a bad way or out you go.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome. I'm new also but I do know that if you read all the rules on ECF it takes about a week to get through them all. If they enforced them there would be zero posts. Every post violates some crazy rule they have. I found out there are those who can break the rules with nothing said while others are suspended. Whatever you do on ECF never mention the UK in a bad way or out you go.
I have a feeling Marcus will stick around VU a while ;)

VU Sponsors