Become a Patron!

Hello everyone!

Rabbit

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Howdy everybody.

I'm new to this site and vaping entirely. I've been looking for a good alternative to help me quit cigarettes for awhile now and I think I found the niche. I tried Gum and a few other methods with no successful results. Vaping seems to be doing the trick. I'm currently using a Kangertech Topbox nano and I'm loving it.

Pleasure to meet you all. :hamster:

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And a hearty Welcome to you also Rabbit Slayer and I hope you also enjoy your stay on the :vu:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Rabbit and welcome to V/U, I smoked for 48+ yrs., tried everything then about 3 yrs ago I found vaping not 1 cig since that day. If I can do it you can too, good luck with your quit, Lots of friendly and supportive folks here, enjoy the forum!!!!!!!!!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Shit I wish when I started with e-Cigs that was the day of my last cigarette but for a couple of years I continued to smoke while I was kidding myself I was cutting down. Yeah maybe I cut one or two a day out but it took going cold turkey for me to actually say I was a former smoker.

10-Tips-Support.jpg

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU! Glad to have you with us!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Shit I wish when I started with e-Cigs that was the day of my last cigarette but for a couple of years I continued to smoke while I was kidding myself I was cutting down. Yeah maybe I cut one or two a day out but it took going cold turkey for me to actually say I was a former smoker.

10-Tips-Support.jpg

Not fooling with cigarettes much here, after about thirty-five years of various tobacco use. I still may have moments where I have a cigarette. That's it though. I have a cigarette and then it is right back to vaping. It has now been two weeks since the last cigarette. Before that it had been three months.

Be compassionate and patient with yourself. No one ever racks up years of smoking over night. They are not usually going to stop years of smoking over night either. I applaud those going cold turkey. Not everyone can be so disciplined or have that tenacious of a will in regards to cigarettes.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It did take a boat load of cartridges to get past the first two weeks when I went Cold Turkey! Then I started refilling them with higher nicotine until I went to a MOD and cut the nicotine in half and now with DIY another half. Soon maybe no nicotine. Maybe? Sounds good but I don't know. Can vape Zero if I want but back to the low 3MG.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It did take a boat load of cartridges to get past the first two weeks when I went Cold Turkey! Then I started refilling them with higher nicotine until I went to a MOD and cut the nicotine in half and now with DIY another half. Soon maybe no nicotine. Maybe? Sounds good but I don't know. Can vape Zero if I want but back to the low 3MG.

Lucky you. Not meaning that terribly sarcastic.

I seem to be stuck at 1.8mg per ml. Not quite understanding something here though. I'm led to understand the 1.8mg is the higher nicotine content, compared to the 3mg. Not quite tracking correctly in my mind. Of course, that's nothing new.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
1.8MG is definitely less than 3MG. Unless you are talking 1.8% which is 18MG per ML.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
1.8MG is definitely less than 3MG. Unless you are talking 1.8% which is 18MG per ML.

Yep, just looked at the bottle. It is 1.8% nicotine. Knew it had to work out somehow. I just was not quite registering it and mis-writing/speaking the numbers. :gaah: Me and number dyslexia.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So that would be 18MG per ML which is what I have sitting here that I hardly ever use anymore. I occasionally do a tank mix with an ML of it and an ML of 3 which gives me a good kick in the ass. But honestly since I got into DIY the amount of e-Liquid I can consume has doubled so half the nicotine in it works out to about the same as before for a days total. But seriously thinking of cutting it in half on my next batch of tobacco.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So that would be 18MG per ML which is what I have sitting here that I hardly ever use anymore. I occasionally do a tank mix with an ML of it and an ML of 3 which gives me a good kick in the ass. But honestly since I got into DIY the amount of e-Liquid I can consume has doubled so half the nicotine in it works out to about the same as before for a days total. But seriously thinking of cutting it in half on my next batch of tobacco.

Glad you're cutting back and it's doing well for you. Not sure I could do it. Genuinely feel out of sorts, physically, psychologically if I do not keep a good bit of nicotine in my system. Know I was not quite wired correctly from birth. Since the pituitary gland did not properly develop for me, various chemicals needed were not there to properly fit nerve synapses in some areas, or fit them differently. Did not help with me pushing in life either.

Yes, I knew of and was trained on proper lifting and moving and such relating to work. The GP I see told me that was fine and they could tell I followed guidelines well, didn't matter as a person can literally cough wrong and foul up lower spine discs and nerves. Which suppose I've done something and fouled the discs around the sciatic nerve cluster.

Wife & me kind have an expression. "Eat right, exercise right, play right, pray right, do it all right ... die anyway." For us that is not being fatalistic as much as accepting that death is part of living on a practical basis. It is not meant as defeatist or as an excuse, rather a statement of the blindingly obvious facts. Apologies, if my humor seems more apt for the gallows. All of us have our darkness with our lightness. I've been accused of being Eeyore.

Off to find my tail. :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Going lower did not happen overnight so do not feel you can't do it until you try. With DIY you have the freedom to mix what you want when you want and to crank up some 3MG if need be would be less than one ML of my Nicotine in a 30ML bottle. So I doubt the flavor would suffer if need be. But also with DIY and .05 cents an ML who cares? Vape more to get the nicotine!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Going lower did not happen overnight so do not feel you can't do it until you try. With DIY you have the freedom to mix what you want when you want and to crank up some 3MG if need be would be less than one ML of my Nicotine in a 30ML bottle. So I doubt the flavor would suffer if need be. But also with DIY and .05 cents an ML who cares? Vape more to get the nicotine!

Fair enough point. I just have trouble finding a flavor which suits me to go guzzling down all day. Think I'm coming up on one though. Got some from a vendor as a prize in a contest. :) Now, need to see if I can locate a clown recipe for their version of the flavor if do go into DIY. Looking as though I may with everyone, "get your own cheeseburger" ing me along into it.

All this peer pressure, goodness. Don't recall so much when I smoked the stinkies. It was more along the lines of being a right of passage though. You grew up working hard, worked hard, you smoked. That and always having coffee to keep you going. Switch to vaping and peer pressure is everywhere. What the hey?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With DIY you can change up on the fly or MIX different strengths for your mood. I switch what I am vaping a few times a day depending on my mood. Since I am vaping DIY if I do not want o finish what is in the tank I could dump it and vape something else. Only pennies of waste.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And I sure can relate to not being able to find flavors I liked! Funny I just got the sample pack from Suicide Bunny and I swear I tried one at the tasting bar but the previous times they never tasted as FANTASTIC as they do now! Have my tastes changed? It is the gear? Was it old stuff? Why are they amazingly pleasing to my palate now?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And I sure can relate to not being able to find flavors I liked! Funny I just got the sample pack from Suicide Bunny and I swear I tried one at the tasting bar but the previous times they never tasted as FANTASTIC as they do now! Have my tastes changed? It is the gear? Was it old stuff? Why are they amazingly pleasing to my palate now?

Know it is rhetorical but it is also easy to relate. I often face similar incidences where there are no known rationale for X being X. At times I blame the aliens, or Rorschach testing of dolphins to find the meaning of life by the Russians.

VU Sponsors