Become a Patron!

Hello! From a Canadian

Silverrune

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone! My internet name has been Silverrune, and I will be using that whenever I decide to come on here. My vaping "voyage" is probably different then the vast majority of you all. I was never a smoker. I recently just graduated highschool, and found it difficult near the end as I became more social and started going to parties. I never intend to take any hardcore drugs so those I have always stayed away from. Everyone's go to is getting blackout drunk, but I am alcohol intolerant. A lot of people I know smoked cigarettes and soon became addicts. I assessed my options, or if I wanted to do anything at all, and I chose vaping. I started soon after I turned 18 (the legal age where I live). It's been almost half a year and I have been vaping since. A lot of people might criticize my choice, and that is completely understandable. I am constantly researching and trying to figure out if what I am doing will have extreme negative effects on me later down the line.

I started off with a Kanger Subtank Mini, and a iStick 30w. Over the last few months I've moved up to the Velocity clone and the IPV3 Li. Feel free to contribute anything you want, I'm happy to look at research one way or the other, and I would love to chat in general.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Silver and welcome to VU, It never fails to amaze me that a great percentage of the younger generation feel the need to seek out something others are doing to feel that they will fit in better, to me being able to hang out and mingle and have fun can also include not needing to "do as the other's are doing"
and still be part of the scene but be admired for who you are alone.
Nice to meet you:)

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Glitters-62.gif

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
It's your body, do what you want, not what others want you to do.
When you get old (like me) a lot of those things I did as a youth are now coming back and biting me in the butt.

Pax

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to a solid forum with a great group of very supportive participants!

Silverrune

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Silver and welcome to VU, It never fails to amaze me that a great percentage of the younger generation feel the need to seek out something others are doing to feel that they will fit in better, to me being able to hang out and mingle and have fun can also include not needing to "do as the other's are doing"
and still be part of the scene but be admired for who you are alone.
Nice to meet you:)

I get where your coming from, but with highschoolers now a days, you are considered odd if you are always the sober person at the party. For whatever reason. Being bullied for multiple years in middle school I actively try to avoid scenarios where I can be singled out.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Common sense should still play a role in there somewhere, no?
LOL

Silverrune

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Common sense should still play a role in there somewhere, no?
LOL
On who's part?

Teens are teens, and are generally odd compared to the rest of society. That could technically answer both. However I'd rather vape then binge drink every weekend and destroy my liver like everyone else I know, or vape instead of cigs or cigars which a lot of people I know do. Vaping is by no means good for me. But it's a short term solution imo. It's not something I'm going to be doing for years on end.

This explanation makes sense in my head, but I might be just going crazy :p

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess wisdom is learned, either the hard way or the easy way, good luck to you in whatever you decide to do:):):cool:

VU Sponsors