Become a Patron!

Hello from Hell!

No seriously it's hot as hell in the south, especially nasty humid here in Birmingham Alabama. Unfortunately most of my work projects this summer were not of the interior variety so when people ask me, " how do you tolerate this heat for 8 hours" , I always say " you get used to it after a while and learn to hydrate"' but deep down I know that's some BS and I'll be packing that yeti at 5am with a sense of dread lol. There are some here who will know what I'm talking about. More to the point I'm greenjeans and started vaping fri and already down to 3 or 4 camels per day. I successfully quit cigs for nearly 2 years during my 30s but eventually fell victim to the delusional thinking that I'll just have one, with this beer, in this pub ha ha. I just turned 47 last month and I can't really say that I hate smoking. Honestly I still enjoy it and get something from it but I'm so tired of feeling like shit all the time, never having energy when I get off from work, coughing and did I mention $$$. The negatives associated with heavy smoking far outweigh the pros. A week ago I was hanging with a buddy who was cool enough to let me try all his mods and juices and my first thought was, hey man you could replace smoking with this! Anyway I'm not a man of too many words so I'd like to say I'm glad to have discovered this forum and vaping and look forward to learning something from everyone. Thankyas

Greenjeans

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
If you need any help just ask, we are all in this together.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome aboard! I know what you mean, both about the smoking and the heat...

I genuinely liked smoking - I just hated stinking and feeling bad always going outside and not wanting my daughter to come near me with a burning stink stick in my hand. Didn't think I'd quit until I found vaping - congrats on cutting back so quick - it's those last 3-4 that are tough to kick, but give it time and count the ones you don't smoke rather than the ones you do.

It's been hot as hell and more humid than I'm used to out in San Diego, too - and my current job and the next one are mostly indoors (this one in a house with a subfloor soaked in cat piss that I've been treating repeatedly trying to get the stink out before painting over it and laying new floor). Had a guy that one of my main workers brought on as a helper nearly pass out on me last week - 3 hours into a job where it's got to be 90 inside, he's already humped a whole house worth of carpet out to a dumpster 100' away and has been scraping the floor to pull staples - and he's drank half a bottle of Powerade the whole time. I just hope it cools down by the middle of this week or I'm worried my paint isn't gonna stick to the walls right...

Anyway, again, welcome! Please, poke around the forum and dive in wherever you see fit!

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Glitters-62.gif

VU Sponsors