Become a Patron!

Hello from Indiana

gashadokuro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey everyone, name's Keith and thought I'd actually try to find a nice forum to join and this one seems pretty good from what I'm seeing. I'm 30 and had been smoking cigarettes since I was around 21 or 22 and have weened down a lot just recently. When I started smoking it was a pack every few days, then the packs became more frequent until the inevitable 1 pack a day. I'd say about 5 years ago I got a e cig kit from the No. 7 brand, came with 2 batteries, 5 replacement cartridges and a pack of miscellaneous flavors. It was a good kit, but unfortunately the atomizer burned out and never got around to purchasing a new one, then ended up losing most of my kit somehow. Since then I've tried various e-cigs from gas stations and none of them were really all that great, and I was unaware of vape pens at the time, I only knew of e-cigs. So far the worst one I've tried was Vuse, and that's because it was the only non-disposable one I've got that you couldn't refill the cartridge, and at $7-$8 for a pack of two (that wouldn't last very long), it was more expensive than smoking real cigarettes.

In June I decided to get a vape pen and went to one of the very few vape shops I could find around here and got a Evod 2 starter kit and I have to say I've been pretty happy with it so far. Of course I plan to get a mod later down the road and eventually start building my own once I'm more knowledgeable with ohms, voltages, etc (don't wanna go blowing myself up lol). The first juice I got was from Vintage E Liquid's The Sinner. I loved the taste, but not the price, at $12 for a 15ml bottle. I did manage to find juices at gas stations for cheaper and in fact found another that's $5 even, so I got 2 for slightly less than the price of the sinner. My step daughter got me a bottle of Gold Seal "My Name is Earl" juice and it's my favorite by far. I'm currently unemployed, but I of course am looking for work, which is when I'll start investing a lot more in my vaping. I hear people say it's just a fad, but I'm an 80's baby and through my time I've seen fads and have a sense of if something is going to stick around or not, and to me vaping doesn't seem like it's going anywhere any time soon. Mind you, I didn't exactly start vaping because everyone else is doing it, but mainly because I've started getting tired of cigarette smoke, but wanted that oral fixation which is exactly what vaping does for me. Not only that, but I do like watching the tricks that can be done and would like to do that. Anyway, I'm hoping to be able to stick to this forum for quite a while and make it a home.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
Good to have you here.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU! Nice to have you with us!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey everyone, name's Keith and thought I'd actually try to find a nice forum to join and this one seems pretty good from what I'm seeing. I'm 30 and had been smoking cigarettes since I was around 21 or 22 and have weened down a lot just recently. When I started smoking it was a pack every few days, then the packs became more frequent until the inevitable 1 pack a day. I'd say about 5 years ago I got a e cig kit from the No. 7 brand, came with 2 batteries, 5 replacement cartridges and a pack of miscellaneous flavors. It was a good kit, but unfortunately the atomizer burned out and never got around to purchasing a new one, then ended up losing most of my kit somehow. Since then I've tried various e-cigs from gas stations and none of them were really all that great, and I was unaware of vape pens at the time, I only knew of e-cigs. So far the worst one I've tried was Vuse, and that's because it was the only non-disposable one I've got that you couldn't refill the cartridge, and at $7-$8 for a pack of two (that wouldn't last very long), it was more expensive than smoking real cigarettes.

In June I decided to get a vape pen and went to one of the very few vape shops I could find around here and got a Evod 2 starter kit and I have to say I've been pretty happy with it so far. Of course I plan to get a mod later down the road and eventually start building my own once I'm more knowledgeable with ohms, voltages, etc (don't wanna go blowing myself up lol). The first juice I got was from Vintage E Liquid's The Sinner. I loved the taste, but not the price, at $12 for a 15ml bottle. I did manage to find juices at gas stations for cheaper and in fact found another that's $5 even, so I got 2 for slightly less than the price of the sinner. My step daughter got me a bottle of Gold Seal "My Name is Earl" juice and it's my favorite by far. I'm currently unemployed, but I of course am looking for work, which is when I'll start investing a lot more in my vaping. I hear people say it's just a fad, but I'm an 80's baby and through my time I've seen fads and have a sense of if something is going to stick around or not, and to me vaping doesn't seem like it's going anywhere any time soon. Mind you, I didn't exactly start vaping because everyone else is doing it, but mainly because I've started getting tired of cigarette smoke, but wanted that oral fixation which is exactly what vaping does for me. Not only that, but I do like watching the tricks that can be done and would like to do that. Anyway, I'm hoping to be able to stick to this forum for quite a while and make it a home.
What part of Indiana are you from?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Keith, and welcome to VU. Good luck on your vape journey...;)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That is correct. Although this city's turned to crap lol. Thankfully I'm moving fairly soon, and eventually I'm moving to Canada with my girlfriend :D
I grew up close to where you are at worked n Chicago for years.. good reason. I had to move 1000+ miles away to get that fucktard asshat place out of my existence.. I dont blame you the sooner the better :)

VU Sponsors