Become a Patron!

Hello from Milwaukee

Poeticwil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm Wil and I'm from Milwaukee, WI. I'm quite new to vaping. I started about a year ago with an ego-t starter kit and was a bit disappointed. I wan't to impressed with the experience and I was wondering if maybe I wasn't prepared or I wasn't doing something right. I'm giving it another try as I know it would be much better for me than smoking. I'm welcome to any advice or tips to make this try a much better one.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Glad you found us.

Let us know a bit more about you and your smoking habits and we can try to suggest some gear and whatnot within your price range that will work great for you.

And I appreciate the issues you had with the Ego T. Never thought much of them myself!

DB Cigs

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello, welcome to the forum.
You might want to give a variable voltage , or maybe variable wattage model a try? These seem to help many people who are not completely satisfied with the basic ego setup. Many folks like the rebuild able attys also.
Hope that this was some kind of help. I am sure that others will happen by with better advice.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU.

We can be the help and support you need.

I will give you some words of wisdom that may help.

Baby steps. Don't be to quick to jump into the big boy toys. People will tell you that you need them. You don't NEED them.

Remember you are not only trying to kick the habit of smoking but also the routine. Smoking itself is a habit. With that habit comes routines. Break yourself of those routines that go along with the habit and it will be much easier to quit.

Good luck!!!!

Poeticwil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, I smoke about a pack a day currently.I recently won a Kanger AeroTank Mega that I should be receiving soon After reading a post on this site about starting out, a VV/VW mod was suggested.. What's a decent VV/VW mod that's not too expensive since my budget is pretty limited? I would even consider buying used if neccesary. Just trying not to be overwhelmed about everything.

DB Cigs

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You do not need an expensive vv/vow mod to get the benefits of higher voltage, maybe get an inexpensive ego-c twist, or vision spinner battery, then see how you like the hit from that model, should be an improvement from the ego kit, should do the trick? Just offering my $0.02 here, hope it helps

Poeticwil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You do not need an expensive vv/vow mod to get the benefits of higher voltage, maybe get an inexpensive ego-c twist, or vision spinner battery, then see how you like the hit from that model, should be an improvement from the ego kit, should do the trick? Just offering my $0.02 here, hope it helps
Sounds like an excellent idea. I will likely give that a try. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
See my opinion is you need to start with something that mimics smoking for a little while. I have seen many people start with an eGo because they didn't want to look silly with a cigalike. They still smoke and vape because the cigarette itself is part of the habit that they weren't ready to give up. The eGo isn't going to replace the cigarette. A cigalike will help you mimic smoking and the habit. That is what worked for me and many people I know.

Poeticwil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think with me, I could really feel the "warmth" in my mouth, if that makes sense. The hit was there and initially it made me cough cause I wasn't expecting it. But as I sit here, cigarette in hand, that is the difference I am noticing.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think with me, I could really feel the "warmth" in my mouth, if that makes sense. The hit was there and initially it made me cough cause I wasn't expecting it. But as I sit here, cigarette in hand, that is the difference I am noticing.

That is what is called throat hit. One things vapers crave when first starting.

Poeticwil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well with me, it didn't seem "warm" just there. Of course, I may not be describing it properly.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well with me, it didn't seem "warm" just there. Of course, I may not be describing it properly.

I know what you mean. Heat but not warm. The sensation of warm smoke hitting the back of your throat.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome Wil! You've certainly come to the right place! There is a tremendous variety of vaping products these days, so I can understand it gets pretty overwhelming. The good news is there is most certainly something that will work perfect for you out there. I'll let these kind folks who have already replied start you on your path. Some other advice would be to visit some vape shops (if you can find any near you). Seeing what other people are using and playing with/testing out different products may help. Also, you need to find a flavor you REALLY like. That can also take quite a bit of trial and error. Good luck!

Sickboy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I started vaping with cigalikes and very high nic levels in the juice I used, (36mg) and that helped break some of the cycle of smoking... what helped the most at first was using flavors that I liked and that didn't remind me of my bad habit. I thought that tobacco flavors would be the go-to but in the long run they all seemed like poor copies of what I knew I needed to change in my life... That's my 2 cents for now as I have no experience with ego or ego twist.

VU Sponsors