Become a Patron!

Hello from Missouri & my experience

Nightowl001

Member For 4 Years
I'm still new (3 months) to vaping, but here are my experience's so far: I started vaping to get away from cigarettes and that worked great! I have not had a cigarette in 3 months. At first, I vaped and smoked, but that did not last very long as I found a blend of juice that I liked better than the flavor of cigarette (I smoked menthol). My suggestion is just that, find something close to was you smoke to start with, and then move on from there.

I started with the simple kit that included a spinner battery and the Kanger Mini Pro Tank II. I quickly upgraded to the Aspire Nautilus Mini which I recommend in place of the Kanger. I now vape clouds with the Kanger Subtank Plus (love the RBA), still use the Nautilus Mini, and have a backup Aspire Atlantis. I use each for a different flavor (and each has a different wattage setting) so I can get the desired flavor for the day.

For the folks that are looking for guidance and beginner recommendations, a variable voltage battery, and adjustable air flow tank is the way to go. You do not need to drop a lot of money, but the more you can afford in the beginning will save you in the end. I have purchased three batteries, and 5 tanks getting where I am, but even with that I have saved over $400 during the 3 months I have been vaping.

My current setup is the iStick 50W, Kanger Subtank with RBA (.6 OHM on the display and the meter), set to 20W (blowing clouds!), and my favorite flavor is a 50/50 blend of Royalty and Killer Custard at 3mil nicotine. I still switch it up using my Nautilus Mini (menthol) and different blends in the Atlantis tanks.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome Owl, nice to meet you, sounds like your already well educated on vaping and for being only 3 months into it at that :) Grats on finding us and vaping. Enjoy the forum:)

Nightowl001

Member For 4 Years
Welcome Owl, nice to meet you, sounds like your already well educated on vaping and for being only 3 months into it at that :) Grats on finding us and vaping. Enjoy the forum:)

My son helped to get me started and we have several good vape shops that really help you make the right choices. They are not out to just get your money. Sure, they want your money, but they are more about you coming back and bringing others with you. They have spent way more time speaking with me than time spent selling me stuff. They treat there customers like best friends. Great customer service!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome deal, it's always GREAT to have honest shops close by to learn the ropes from also!!! So many shops these days out just to make a dollar, it's nice to come across one that knows what they are doing and are willing to share the knowledge at a fair cost as well:) Vape on!!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Congrats on quitting the stinkies and welcome to the Underground!

ecigdotcom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I'm still new (3 months) to vaping, but here are my experience's so far: I started vaping to get away from cigarettes and that worked great! I have not had a cigarette in 3 months. At first, I vaped and smoked, but that did not last very long as I found a blend of juice that I liked better than the flavor of cigarette (I smoked menthol). My suggestion is just that, find something close to was you smoke to start with, and then move on from there.

I started with the simple kit that included a spinner battery and the Kanger Mini Pro Tank II. I quickly upgraded to the Aspire Nautilus Mini which I recommend in place of the Kanger. I now vape clouds with the Kanger Subtank Plus (love the RBA), still use the Nautilus Mini, and have a backup Aspire Atlantis. I use each for a different flavor (and each has a different wattage setting) so I can get the desired flavor for the day.

For the folks that are looking for guidance and beginner recommendations, a variable voltage battery, and adjustable air flow tank is the way to go. You do not need to drop a lot of money, but the more you can afford in the beginning will save you in the end. I have purchased three batteries, and 5 tanks getting where I am, but even with that I have saved over $400 during the 3 months I have been vaping.

My current setup is the iStick 50W, Kanger Subtank with RBA (.6 OHM on the display and the meter), set to 20W (blowing clouds!), and my favorite flavor is a 50/50 blend of Royalty and Killer Custard at 3mil nicotine. I still switch it up using my Nautilus Mini (menthol) and different blends in the Atlantis tanks.

Welcome, thats some very good advice. With the products that are out now a days, it's a lot easier for people to actually quit smoking. For most people, the egos and CE4 tanks just were not enough. Either you would go back to smoking, or get a better device. I always recommend the iStick + Nautilus combo, it might not be the cheapest starter kit out there, but I feel you'll have a better chance of quitting with it.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
Sounds like a happy story so far.

VU Sponsors