Become a Patron!

Hello From Oklahoma City

Frightnight

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Greetings everyone,

I've been a smoker for 35 years. I've tried everything to quit with no success. I even tried the e-cigs and stick foggers with no success. BUT, two weeks ago I decided to take the plunge at real vaping. Being clueless to the vaping world, I walked into a local vape shop where I tried to learn a little on different setups. I told the guy I don't want some little wimpy thing. I want something that produces real results. After trying a few tanks, a few mods and a few juices, I walked out with a Herakles Plus tank powered by a Hcigar VT75 and flavored with 30ml of Stardust. What I purchased had a good smooth feeling to it and not knowing what I just bought, I went home to read up on it. I was surprised to find out I stepped up to the plate with a nice little setup with some good reviews.
The thing I didn't realize is... I just got bit by the cloud chaser bug. :)
So I still smoke about 3 cigs a day but that's way better than 20 a day and I feel better already. After smoking a pack a day for 35 years, I plan to take it slow and make quitting a success this time.
I've done a lot of reading online the past two weeks and learned a lot, but still have a lot to learn. I plan to DIY with the juice and have supplies on the way.
I prefer higher VG levels and plan to get more into the cloud chaser group.
So after doing a lot of surfing, I ran into this forum which seems to be a good choice so far. I've been active in other forums for a very long time so I can get an idea of what forum looks good to join.
I've been married for 20 years (second marriage) and have a 25 year old son who just graduated OU.
I was in the military for 26 years and currently work at the FAA.
My three hobbies are (1) creating music light shows (choreograph lights to music) (2) my two mopars, a 1971 Cuda convertible and 1971 Cuda hardtop, both in progress of being road worthy and (3) Halloween, I owned my own professional haunt for years but still decorate the house/parties.

Okay, enough of all that. I look forward to meeting new people and learning new things.

Have a great day,
Tom

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the VU and congratulations on cutting way back on the smokes. Hope you enjoy the ride.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU, Tom. Glad to have you here!

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello and welcome to VU. Thank you for your service.

Frightnight

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks everyone.
Been bouncing around the forum and already learning new stuff. :bliss:

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
Glad to have you here.
I'm also from OKC

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Greetings everyone,

I've been a smoker for 35 years. I've tried everything to quit with no success. I even tried the e-cigs and stick foggers with no success. BUT, two weeks ago I decided to take the plunge at real vaping. Being clueless to the vaping world, I walked into a local vape shop where I tried to learn a little on different setups. I told the guy I don't want some little wimpy thing. I want something that produces real results. After trying a few tanks, a few mods and a few juices, I walked out with a Herakles Plus tank powered by a Hcigar VT75 and flavored with 30ml of Stardust. What I purchased had a good smooth feeling to it and not knowing what I just bought, I went home to read up on it. I was surprised to find out I stepped up to the plate with a nice little setup with some good reviews.
The thing I didn't realize is... I just got bit by the cloud chaser bug. :)
So I still smoke about 3 cigs a day but that's way better than 20 a day and I feel better already. After smoking a pack a day for 35 years, I plan to take it slow and make quitting a success this time.
I've done a lot of reading online the past two weeks and learned a lot, but still have a lot to learn. I plan to DIY with the juice and have supplies on the way.
I prefer higher VG levels and plan to get more into the cloud chaser group.
So after doing a lot of surfing, I ran into this forum which seems to be a good choice so far. I've been active in other forums for a very long time so I can get an idea of what forum looks good to join.
I've been married for 20 years (second marriage) and have a 25 year old son who just graduated OU.
I was in the military for 26 years and currently work at the FAA.
My three hobbies are (1) creating music light shows (choreograph lights to music) (2) my two mopars, a 1971 Cuda convertible and 1971 Cuda hardtop, both in progress of being road worthy and (3) Halloween, I owned my own professional haunt for years but still decorate the house/parties.

Okay, enough of all that. I look forward to meeting new people and learning new things.

Have a great day,
Tom

Welcome to VU - sounds like you are on the right track.

Congratulations on your progress - that is wonderful

It took me over 2.5 years to quit smoking with vaping but was well worth the effort :)

Frightnight

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU - sounds like you are on the right track.

Congratulations on your progress - that is wonderful

It took me over 2.5 years to quit smoking with vaping but was well worth the effort :)

Thanks so much everyone!!! :wave:
Lucy. I like your banner in the sig area. Sure brings to light your awesome accomplishment. I need something like that. Is that an automatic banner or manual update?

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I grew up in Forest Park.(outside of OKC)
The next 6 weeks I get to live out in the woods.

Frightnight

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was born and raised in SW OKC in a crowded housing area. 4 years ago I moved a couple miles further West to a place of 2 1/2 acres and lots of trees. Now I have the convenience of the city but in a "out in the woods" setting with all the critters included. I love it!!!

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was born and raised in SW OKC in a crowded housing area. 4 years ago I moved a couple miles further West to a place of 2 1/2 acres and lots of trees. Now I have the convenience of the city but in a "out in the woods" setting with all the critters included. I love it!!!
we built our dream home in Mustang,, then suddenly realized we had a dif dream lol........we weren't going to be parents any longer,,,,,,so there was no reason to have a big fancy home,,,,,,,being a beach bum sounded more fun....course we couldnt go to far cuz i need to be able to get back to my parents at a drop of a hat.==that hat has done it in 6.5 hours a few times.

Frightnight

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
we built our dream home in Mustang,, then suddenly realized we had a dif dream lol........we weren't going to be parents any longer,,,,,,so there was no reason to have a big fancy home,,,,,,,being a beach bum sounded more fun....course we couldnt go to far cuz i need to be able to get back to my parents at a drop of a hat.==that hat has done it in 6.5 hours a few times.

Well girl, I live just East of Mustang but go to Mustang for most of our needs cuz it's closer but also to avoid the city traffic. I lived in the city to be close to my parents (less than a mile away) but when they passed away, I needed a different scene all together. Now life is a "little" better with different scenery. Something I think my parents would enjoy and understand... if only they were here to experience it. In a way, they are...

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Fright, and welcome to the V/U family good to meet you buddy

Frightnight

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks Jimi,
I'm reading, reading and reading stuff on this great forum.
It's a new world to me but I already feel I'm in the right place.
I have lots to learn but all the warm welcomes sure makes it a great place to settle down in.

Tom

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Jimi,
I'm reading, reading and reading stuff on this great forum.
It's a new world to me but I already feel I'm in the right place.
I have lots to learn but all the warm welcomes sure makes it a great place to settle down in.

Tom
if the state regs get you,,i will bring you stuff on one of my visits,, ditto to any okies. i dont think Oklahoma will actually do much about vaping though

Frightnight

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
if the state regs get you,,i will bring you stuff on one of my visits,, ditto to any okies. i dont think Oklahoma will actually do much about vaping though
Sounds great and THANK YOU!!!

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Governor of Oklahoma already has made it "illegal" to vape on state owned property.
Pretty sure the cops haven't written any tickets.

VU Sponsors