Become a Patron!

Hello From Redneck Central

LAVapesQC

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
In 2010 I got involved with a couple of mixologists from the West Coast and one from the UK who saw an opportunity in the southeastern US. And they have done really well. I am a full time legal consultant, however I spend (or cheat the hours in any way I can) doing quality control and testing for the above aforementioned chain of vape stores. I do this as a side job, and mostly get paid in free gear and such.

I have a dog but I love cats.
I vape way too much. Maybe.
I am also a part-time photojournalist. But I am not very good at it.
I like Netflix but I also think Amazon Prime has some quality shows...
In my youth I was a professional gamer, and full time photographer for the AP. Neither worked out.
I hate cold weather. And hot weather.
I still think of Naked 100 as flavored water.
I consider myself a non-existential independent free thinker with poor grammar.
My current heroes are Chris Hedges, Christopher Hitchens, and that guy from the tv show Bosch.
I enjoy people from the vape community that are not active members of the ECF forums.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like you found a new home - welcome to VU :wave:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Titus Welliver...he was in Deadwood.

Anyone who likes Hitchens is ok in my book.

Welcome.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am on season 2 of Bosch and thoroughly enjoying it. He is a cool cat.
I've read a few of the books. Bosch is an interesting and likable character. I watched a couple of episodes and I'll get around to it again, I'm sure.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You know how it is that you can talk shit about your own family, but you get your knickers in a twist right away if someone else does it?

There are a lot of Southerners in this forum. A couple of us from Virginia, at least one from West Virginia, a few from North Carolina, at least one from Georgia, several from Florida, several from Louisiana, several from Kentucky, and at least one from Tennessee. And probably a bunch more that I don't personally know.

Anyway, welcome to VU. I hope you're happy as a clam, there on the Florida/Alabama line. At least you'll have some tourists to keep you company. Meanwhile, this redneck, this morning while she was reading your other post, was also enjoying her coffee, which was sharing a table with about 35 vaping setups of all descriptions, so we ain't all poor dumbass hicks down here bud.

It's ok if I yank your chain a little, no? But seriously, welcome to VU. :vino:

Last edited:

LAVapesQC

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
You hit the nail on the head - "Tourists"

And I live in a crossroads for tons of them. I am not originally from here however. But I will claim it!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I lived for a couple of years in Savannah. It's a beautiful place, so much so that it mesmerizes the tourists. They'll just stop right in the middle of the road.

I also used to live probably within 25 miles of where you are now. Lived in Pensacola when my oldest daughter was a baby. Tourists and military, and sand all over everything. And rain, my god, you've never seen such rain. The sky opens up and all of it falls out at once. I can't tell you the times I've had to pull my car over and wait out the rain because it was just impossible to see to drive.

But there are things to enjoy. Some of the food is wonderful. And if you get over into the Destin/Ft. Walton Beach area, those beaches are beautiful (or at least they used to be).

Good luck with your business!

LAVapesQC

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Thanks nadalama. I love Destin. Gorgeous place all around. Savannah is also beautiful.

I am not far from Pensacola. And it is actually tolerable every now and then :)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU! :cheers:

Congrats on your ECF refugee status! I left there in 2015, but go back once in great while to talk with a friend who stayed there and to peek at Mooch's battery charts.

VU Sponsors