Become a Patron!

Hello from Reno, Nevada!

RenoMama

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi there everyone! I'm pretty new to the vaping world. There's soooooo much to learn. But I was a 1/2 to full pack a day smoker for 16 years. Started when I was 14 years old. Tried a few times to quit and it never really stuck. On request of my loving husband I tried vaping as a means to kick the analogs. That was a couple months ago and I haven't picked up a cigarette since. I started out with a kanger genitank and simple clover battery. Today I went and upgraded to an arctic tank and sigelei 150w temp control. Running 0.2 ohm TC coils. This thing may be out of my league at this point. (But that's how I am, go big or go home). Blown away at the difference to say the least. Gave a whole new flavor to my Cuttwood juices. I'm here just to get some tips and tricks. I've read blog upon blog trying to understand this whole new world. Any experience with similar equipment would be much obliged!

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
If you don't find the information you need here, just ask.

RenoMama

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you. I hate buying something then wishing later I got something better. I am honestly perplexed by this thing and doing some research. So far though, this new set up has brought a whole new flavor to my juices and I don't have the weird metallic taste like the kanger did. Night and day with flavors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
couldn't agree more. though i still use an ego at work, it's very stealthy.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Big jump from a Genietank to a Subtank, lots vapor on tap. Temp limiting is a whole different animal from standard setups. I'm happy you upgraded, but take it from a 5 yr vaper, take it slooow. That setup has a ton of options to offer you, from a thick flavorful vape, to a Nimbus Cloud maker. Try some non-TC coils at .2 or .3. The Arctic tank also accepts coil heads from the Aspire Atlantis system, so you can find cheaper organic cotton coils. Try a higher resistance standard coil at .5 Ohm (non TC) at 25-35 watts. Find that sweet spot that is a moist and flavorful vape (ok, no sexual innuendo, really). Congrats on making the change to vaping. Your first step in taking your voyage has been taken...

RenoMama

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hear good and bad thing about temp control. So I have the regular coils the arctic came with. I may have to give those a whirl. Figured with the mod I got I have a lot of options and just have to try and fail it out. I have a 0.5 and 0.2 BTDC coils it came with. I got the TC 0.2 ohm coils to start with that are in now. Maybe I'm going backwards with the trial and error? I didn't know about the Atlantis coils though so thank you for that info! Oh and.. (You can't offend me, I promise. Innuendo or not) lol

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What are your settings with the TC coil?

RenoMama

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just charged the batteries and it's not making sense to me. I have a 0.2 ohm TC coil in and it's says 0.26 ohm 2.8v 24.8j, 425 temp. I have cuttwood bird brains in it 3 nic. Is the 2.6 ohm ok? I just got this thing earlier today and left with the setting the guy in the store put in...

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Ohm reading vs the actual resistance of the coil varies between coil heads and mods sometimes. Don't worry about the Ohm's of the coil at this point. The important part is the temp and the Joule setting (a Joule is a watt-second), you can increase the Joules, but the temp limiting will kick in quicker, or you can increase the temp. Try 450 Degrees and 35 Joules. If the vape seems weak, adjust the temp upwards slightly. It's a balancing act between how much power (Joules) you push vs the temperature. I have an Arctic with the .2 coils reading at .23 Ohms. I vape at 40 Joules and 490 degrees. It's a matter of experimentation and finding that sweet spot that gives you the most flavor and vapor at the same time. The Arctic Tank can put out some huge, huge vapor when cranked up. Be careful not to overdo it with monster clouds, even at 3-6 Mg/Ml, you are vaping 5-9 times the vapor from your Genietank.

Last edited:

RenoMama

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok. Good to know. I was worried about the ohm reading. Thank you. What kind of set up do you have?

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have quite a few, but I am currently using one like yours, Sig 150TC with the Arctic. My fav's are the Arctic Tank and the Silo Beast Tank. Both use their own coils plus the Atlantis coils.

RenoMama

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sweet. Glad to talk to someone that's running the same stuff. Thank you for your help. I adjusted the Joules up but can't get the temp adjusted. I've noticed a big difference in the flavor though. Looks like I have a date with YouTube tonight. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong to not access that part of the menu. I can't believe how this arctic sucks down juice.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL, Subtanks drink the juice because they make so much more vapor...

RenoMama

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haha.. So much for saving money quitting smoking. At least it's not crack.

RenoMama

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right. Who am I kidding? Crack would be cheaper at this point.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to V/U Uou came to the right place to get tips and tricks of the trade! lots of kind and helpful folks here.

RenoMama

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you! That's exactly what I'm looking for.

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome. Nevadans represent!

VU Sponsors