Become a Patron!

Hello from Sunny South Africa :)

shaunnadan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
hey everybody

so i tried vaping a few years ago with the first electronic "cigalikes" that hit the market that looked like a cigarette with the little red light on the bottom and hated it! (but it did get me through some really long international fights....sneaky sneaky), things seem to have improved a lot since then!

been a full time cigarette smoker for a little over 12 years and then saw a cheap evod starter kit at the mall and then BOOM !!! i was hooked. ditched the smokes and never looked back.

its great to look at other forums and see the different gear, liquids and experiences that vapers are having through out the world.

im also a member of the south african e cigarette forum http://www.ecigssa.co.za/

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey @shaunnadan welcome to VU! What is the e-cigarette market like there in South Africa? I'll be honest, I don't know as much as I would like about the country, do you guys have many vape stores around? Is vaping becoming more commonplace there? I know in many of the poorer African countries tobacco is sold with little to no regulation and there are a lot of people smoking. Seems like a prime place to try and promote the health benefits of switching to vaping.
Again, welcome and look forward to seeing you around the forums!

shaunnadan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey @shaunnadan welcome to VU! What is the e-cigarette market like there in South Africa? I'll be honest, I don't know as much as I would like about the country, do you guys have many vape stores around? Is vaping becoming more commonplace there? I know in many of the poorer African countries tobacco is sold with little to no regulation and there are a lot of people smoking. Seems like a prime place to try and promote the health benefits of switching to vaping.
Again, welcome and look forward to seeing you around the forums!

thanks for the welcome !

vaping in south africa is a very new market but its taking off rapidly. in the last year we have seen a huge boost of in regards to vaping.

smoking is still a big thing here, but its still fairly well regulated. sales are not to people under the age of 18 and since we dont have any big tobacco companies locally, vapers are not being targeted.

so some basic stats :
we have 11 vendors in south africa that sell gear - with a total of 30 shops in the country
we have 8 vendors in south africa that make their own liquids

we will be having our 1st ever vapecon event this month ! (Super excited about that) http://www.vapecon.co.za/

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome from me as well!

What kind of gear do you use these days?

shaunnadan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My gear list .....

Reo mods :

Reo mini lp
Reo grand lp

Mech mods :

Nemesis mech mod
Smok fury s

Regulated mods :

Sigelei 150w
Eleaf I stick 50w

RTA :

Silver play
Sub tank mini
Goblin v1.2

RBA :

Derringer
Hobo v2
Magma
Orchid
Reomiser 2
Hornet
Dark horse
Stillare
Cyclone
Onslaught

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Very nice collection.

If you ever need to you could open your own shop:D

shaunnadan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Very nice collection.

If you ever need to you could open your own shop:D

lol, ive considered opening up my own juice line actually.

im an obsessive buyer... i needs to have new toys all the time :)

what helps is that im in charge of the PIF section of the south african forum. so i pass on gear to others all of the time.

VU Sponsors