Become a Patron!

Hello from Texas

Hello all. My name is Will and Im new to the forum , I gave up smoking of 25 years, 5 days ago and started vaping. I was searching the net looking for possibly a support kind of group to help me along my journey here. I got a Joytech EGO AIO device and liquid with 6mg nicotine. Maybe to low a dosage for a pack and a half day smoker but so far I havent had any issues. I have to eliquids , one is Durasmoke pina colada , thats a 100%vg kind of juice. And the other is a local company called Hometown Hero Witch Doctor (sweet tobacco) 70/30 mix. I have really enjoyed my vaping experiance for the most part so far, even though Im still trying to figure some stuff out. I been having issues with my gums hurting quite abit , granted my teeth are already crap, Im just hoping its my body adjusting but can be a little painful at times. Anyway if anyone has any advice or suggestion please feel free. And thanks again

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
HI Will - welcome to the forum and glad you are quitting a killer habit :wave:

Keep yourself well hydrated as you go through this process - it's different for everyone - but the vast majority of us come out way better than when we smoked :)

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome aboard Will everyone is different first few weeks of switching will be the toughest my gums did hurt when I gave up the stinkiies as well as getting a sore throat as Lucy said keep well hydrated and push through it...it’s just all the nasty shit exiting your body

You may well find you vape more to start with I certainly did to get the same fix ....as a result I had to reduce my nicotine level cause it was too much for me, I was getting the sweats ;)

Also try different VG/PG percentages if you find after a few weeks your still not getting on with the sore throat part as some find intolerance to one or the other in too high concentrates and its an easy thing to fix

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hello and welcome to VU. Happy you've joined us in the vaping community.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
Good to have you here with us.

Thanks all for your warm welcomes. Well I was doing well in my quit smoking untill I left my ego AIO at my leasing office. I couldnt find my vape and looked all around, I eventually called the office and they told me I had left my vape there. I asked if anyone was still at the office and was told no , you will need to come get it in the morning. UGGGG , Well I picked up a smoke and it made me sick to my stomach. I did however find a vape shop that was still open and went and bought myself a little eleaf ijust one, I really didnt want to spend the money on another unit BUT it was better than me smoking throughout the night. I still feel bad that I lit up a smoke though and that I left my other one behind. It cost me money I wasnt thinking of spending. I guess lesson learned.

Beaucoup

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If it makes you feel any better, not long ago I asked for and got a stinkie. After carrying around awhile I snuck around back and fired it up. It took two small puffs to make me toss it, run get my vape! :blech:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks all for your warm welcomes. Well I was doing well in my quit smoking untill I left my ego AIO at my leasing office. I couldnt find my vape and looked all around, I eventually called the office and they told me I had left my vape there. I asked if anyone was still at the office and was told no , you will need to come get it in the morning. UGGGG , Well I picked up a smoke and it made me sick to my stomach. I did however find a vape shop that was still open and went and bought myself a little eleaf ijust one, I really didnt want to spend the money on another unit BUT it was better than me smoking throughout the night. I still feel bad that I lit up a smoke though and that I left my other one behind. It cost me money I wasnt thinking of spending. I guess lesson learned.
LOL...I didn't want to spend the money...LOL...your killing me here....wait until you see some of the collections of vape gear some of the folks have here, a kings ransom...anyways.....first off are you crazy man...you went 5 days without a smoke...that is a major accomplishment you should be pounding yourself on the back, that is amazing...you always need back up it is money well spent.......and believe me we have all lost a mod or dropped one and broke it,...it's just like smoking eventually like your pack of smokes, you eventually you develop an awarness of where your mod is.

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Welcome and +1 on hydration for some reason I fought this early on... to the point my dentist even said something because of my gums being dry. I pretty much now always have water with me, which I guys is a good thing.

FlavorOverClouds

Member For 1 Year
Congratulations on quitting smoking. I am only about 8-weeks into quitting myself. It was hard to find a decent tobacco flavor juice that wasn't too sweet. I love the Hometown Hero Witch Doctor. This juice has definitely helped me kick the smoking habit. Plus they seem like a stand-up kind of operation worth supporting.

As others have said, staying hydrated is important. Flossing and rinsing has helped me with the irritation. Good luck on your journey.

VU Sponsors