Become a Patron!

hello from Toronto!

nmclemente

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys!

Decided to bite the bullet and join today, after lurking for quite a bit. I started smoking daily when I was 13, and now at 24 I finally gave up. Bought my first vape (iStick Mini 10W) and even though it wasn't an amazing piece it did the job and helped me quit nearly cold turkey!
Three months later, I bought myself a Kanger Subox Mini and slowly introduced myself to sub ohming and am still blown away by how enjoyable this has been.

I'm really interested in learning how to build my own coils, as my kit came with RBA equipment, and maybe learning to make DIY juice. I've only been vaping for 5 months now, but I really feel like i'm healthier and happier than ever! (Who would have thought you could be happy without cigarettes as an ex smoker)

Really liking the community feel here, everyone seems super informative and friendly. Can't wait to chat and pick up some tips.

Happy Holidays!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU! Glad to have you with us!

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
Good to have you here.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi guys!

Decided to bite the bullet and join today, after lurking for quite a bit. I started smoking daily when I was 13, and now at 24 I finally gave up. Bought my first vape (iStick Mini 10W) and even though it wasn't an amazing piece it did the job and helped me quit nearly cold turkey!
Three months later, I bought myself a Kanger Subox Mini and slowly introduced myself to sub ohming and am still blown away by how enjoyable this has been.

I'm really interested in learning how to build my own coils, as my kit came with RBA equipment, and maybe learning to make DIY juice. I've only been vaping for 5 months now, but I really feel like i'm healthier and happier than ever! (Who would have thought you could be happy without cigarettes as an ex smoker)

Really liking the community feel here, everyone seems super informative and friendly. Can't wait to chat and pick up some tips.

Happy Holidays!
...so how the hell is it vaping in Canada...it's funny I have a much clearer idea about vaping in Europe, and the phillipines than I do our next door nieghbor,I can't think of a single canadian atty or device....and from the snatches of conversation I've read I get the impression e juice with nicotine is illegal or something set me straight how hard is it to be a vaper there....and welcome.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well, she's cute and nice, but it depends if she's one of those McNugget tank robomod zombies or not.

nmclemente

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
...so how the hell is it vaping in Canada...it's funny I have a much clearer idea about vaping in Europe, and the phillipines than I do our next door nieghbor,I can't think of a single canadian atty or device....and from the snatches of conversation I've read I get the impression e juice with nicotine is illegal or something set me straight how hard is it to be a vaper there....and welcome.

Thanks for the welcome! I live in Toronto, where everything is pretty much accepted, so vaping here is nearly as common as smoking. In a 10 min walk I can visit maybe 3 or 4 decent vape shops, and am completely able to buy juice with nicotine as long as you're over 19 :) I'd say we're pretty close to the US when it comes to laws or regulation on vaping or using e-cigarettes.

nmclemente

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
well, she's cute and nice, but it depends if she's one of those McNugget tank robomod zombies or not.
Wish I knew what that was so I could respond, but hopefully i'm not one of those..

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the welcome! I live in Toronto, where everything is pretty much accepted, so vaping here is nearly as common as smoking. In a 10 min walk I can visit maybe 3 or 4 decent vape shops, and am completely able to buy juice with nicotine as long as you're over 19 :) I'd say we're pretty close to the US when it comes to laws or regulation on vaping or using e-cigarettes.
There used to be and may still be a canadian company that made e juice that had no nic you'd buy the juices and put the nic in yourself.they had some really involved juices.

nmclemente

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There used to be and may still be a canadian company that made e juice that had no nic you'd buy the juices and put the nic in yourself.they had some really involved juices.
Thats pretty interesting, do you remember the name of the company by any chance? At the shops I go to you can get 0% nicotine (which hopefully i'll switch over to soon) but everything that has nicotine is already pre-mixed and ready to go

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to worry. That particular member vacillates between knowledgeable vaper and complete troll. We never know what we're gonna get.
Men-Women-Drag-Queens-1.jpg

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome @nmclemente , I'm repping The 6 too. Which shops do you frequent? I've hit just about all of them, most of them are pretty awesome. If you're wanting to look into coil building, I would suggest going to GoodLifeEcigs at Christie & Bloor, they're a great group of people, very knowledgeable, friendly atmosphere, they offer free drinks, and they have they're own build station, complete with everything you need to build (wire, cotton, drill, swivels, torch, hammer & anvil, screwdrivers and allen keys, even a coil jig and magnifying light for those with difficulty seeing) and they're more than willing to show you how to build coils, even Clapton some wire for you too if you want! :p

As to this, there aren't really any Canadian made mods or attys (mass produced, not custom), but on the other hand, there's tons of Canadian made ejuices. Ejuice with nic is readily available, like any American B&M, but they also sell 0%nic as well (most B&M's here carry 0/3/6/9/12/18 nic options), but you can go to, for example DashVapes, and they can custom nic your juice for you (I once got MuffinMan nicced to 2%). On the point of legality, It is technically illegal to openly advertise and sell vape products here (ejuice, mods, tanks, etc.) but not illegal to own or use them. The Government doesn't really bother to follow through or act upon these laws, instead just leaving us alone mostly because they got other more important shit to deal with. They take the same kind of stance as they do with pot here, if it ain't bothering anyone, no ones complaining, and they're still able to tax it, then why bother trying to change it, our government is much more lenient that way.

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU and congrats on being a HAPPY Ex smoker.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU! I'm late to the party as usual... When you feel like trying DIY head over to our DIY forum for recipes and help. We have a stickied thread just for Canadian vapers with links to suppliers in the great white north...

CloudEater

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU! Good to see a fellow Torontonian. :)

What vape shop do you usually go to? I've been going to Vapers on Bloor, they seem like some good people.

CloudEater

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Holy grap! there's more than ONE of you guys??? :)

canada-attacks_o_162620.jpg

:000000000000

Also, just reading the thread... Not so sure about claiming ejuice is "readily available". Definitely nowhere near as available as cigarettes. I usually make a trip to a vape shop outside of my neighborhood once per week to stock up on juice. It's not like they sell the stuff at 24hour convenience stores or anything.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not like they sell the stuff at 24hour convenience stores or anything.

I hate to say it, but they really do, at least in my area they do (not necessarily always good ones, but they sell them none the less, A Hasty Market was selling 12Monkeys, and a StarBank was selling Space Jam, just for example), and theres enough vape shops around that I still feel fine in saying readily available........If I can walk for less than 5 minutes in any given direction and come across a vape shop, I'd say that's readily available, just IMO though, maybe you live somewhere where theres only one close by, in which case I feel for you, I love having so many options available to me.........You should take a trip to Queen and Spadina, you can go to Vape29, then Take-A-Hit, then walk down to Dashvapes on Adelaide, all within 10 minutes walking distance from each other, would make for a good vape shop trip, maybe give you some variety from your normal B&M

CloudEater

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hate to say it, but they really do, at least in my area they do (not necessarily always good ones, but they sell them none the less, A Hasty Market was selling 12Monkeys, and a StarBank was selling Space Jam, just for example), and theres enough vape shops around that I still feel fine in saying readily available........If I can walk for less than 5 minutes in any given direction and come across a vape shop, I'd say that's readily available, just IMO though, maybe you live somewhere where theres only one close by, in which case I feel for you, I love having so many options available to me.........You should take a trip to Queen and Spadina, you can go to Vape29, then Take-A-Hit, then walk down to Dashvapes on Adelaide, all within 10 minutes walking distance from each other, would make for a good vape shop trip, maybe give you some variety from your normal B&M

Hasty Mart has em, really! That's crazy maybe I should ask around different convenience stores then... I live around Yonge/St Clair I usually end up going to Vapers on Bloor for vape needs.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe I'm just lucky and have a ghetto Hasty, but most of the 24hr shops around here carry some sort of juice line, a lot of them have those cheap BuckNaked bullshit, but then a few of them have actual good juice options. I don't normally buy from convenience stores, but it's nice to have just in case. I'm in the core of T.O. so I have nothing but options available to me, I've never been to Vapers on Bloor, I'll have to go check them out sometime. Hopefully you have some luck and find some good flavors near you!

VU Sponsors