Become a Patron!

Hello, my name is OldCrone and I am a DIY addict

OldCroneVapin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Morning All!

Ok, so been lurking around here for way too long.

History: my name says it all. I smoked 3-4 packs a day for 41 years. Don't judge, you don't know if you aren't in my age group. Picked up vaping in 2007, so I have been through all the evolutions, just couldn't let go of the last 5 cigs a day. You know the ones, first thing in the morning, with coffee.. after eating, after intimacy, etc....
Finally kicked the last 5 when I got into serious juice development. I had been doing my own juice from the beginning, had to, wasn't anything out there worth vaping! But decided after trying some premium juices to really try to get a handle on juices that would fill the need that the cigs did. Since then... I panic if there is no vape mail! What will I do with my weekend??? At any given time I have 2000 to 3000 mls in steep. Its obsessive, its addicting, its.... FUN!

Glad to be here, it seems to be a great community.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
Good to have you here.
I also had a problem giving up the last 3 cigs a day for quite a while, but I did.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have 40 years with pack and half a day for the most part. Been diying for over four years and enjoying it way more than ciggs. welcome here....

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning All!

History: my name says it all. I smoked 3-4 packs a day for 41 years. Don't judge, you don't know if you aren't in my age group. Picked up vaping in 2007, so I have been through all the evolutions, just couldn't let go of the last 5 cigs a day. You know the ones, first thing in the morning, with coffee.. after eating, after intimacy, etc....
Finally kicked the last 5 when I got into serious juice development. I had been doing my own juice from the beginning, had to, wasn't anything out there worth vaping! But decided after trying some premium juices to really try to get a handle on juices that would fill the need that the cigs did. Since then... I panic if there is no vape mail! What will I do with my weekend??? At any given time I have 2000 to 3000 mls in steep. Its obsessive, its addicting, its.... FUN!

haha Hello I see you are the OldCrone...haha

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome! I also smoked for 40 years, but only a pack a day LOL And like you picked up DIY within the first month of vaping :) Wow...3000mls at once? How much do you vape a day (just interested to know!)

OldCroneVapin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome! I also smoked for 40 years, but only a pack a day LOL And like you picked up DIY within the first month of vaping :) Wow...3000mls at once? How much do you vape a day (just interested to know!)
Oh maybe 15 or so.... depends on how much I drive, driving is a vaping activity! Keeps me from eating. If I drive more than six hours, then double that to 25 to 30ml. But those numbers have only gotten this big because of sub ohm! My little protanks didn't suck through this kind of juice! But that isn't why I have so much. Its because I like to play, seek out elusive combinations,.... and I give away several hundred ml a week. I spend way more on DIY supplies than I ever did on cigs... but the results are rewarding. I use to bake all the time, but not eat it. Juice has taken that activities time and budget, plus the cigs budget, plus the entertainments budget., vapemail....it's like Christmas!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome, and welcome to VU! I can relate, I'm a self-professed, unashamed vape/juice/DIY junkie and love every minute of it!

OldCroneVapin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This style is poetry, I love to watch them, which has nothing to do with anything, other than I am at a match.
images.jpg

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning All!

So after 41 years of smoking...after switching to vaping has your breathing got any better?

OldCroneVapin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So after 41 years of smoking...after switching to vaping has your breathing got any better?
I never had any breathing problems, my doctor said I had the lung capacity of a 25 year old athlete. Oxygen measured in at 102, no sign of disease or deterioration. I took great care to keep my weight under control, I swim like a proverbial fish and just as often. But probably more importantly I made an effort to keep my lungs operating at full capacity my entire life, something I read in Time/Life/Newsweek, back in the '70s that said lung problems come from deteriorating lung capacity. Keep the lungs at full function, and you won't have lung problems. So I did. Now, that doesn't mean I won't get mouth or throat cancer, but my lungs are and always have been in great shape!
I do however, sound a little like Darth Vadar now that I am using sub ohm tanks.....;)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never had any breathing problems, my doctor said I had the lung capacity of a 25 year old athlete. Oxygen measured in at 102, no sign of disease or deterioration. I took great care to keep my weight under control, I swim like a proverbial fish and just as often. But probably more importantly I made an effort to keep my lungs operating at full capacity my entire life, something I read in Time/Life/Newsweek, back in the '70s that said lung problems come from deteriorating lung capacity. Keep the lungs at full function, and you won't have lung problems. So I did. Now, that doesn't mean I won't get mouth or throat cancer, but my lungs are and always have been in great shape!
I do however, sound a little like Darth Vadar now that I am using sub ohm tanks.....;)
L

LOL yeah heavy consumption of VG will make you sound that way.....Yeah I also swim about 4 times a week but smoking has really damaged my breathing...I hope I can get some back through vaping. I think your right I was a carpenter for 30 years and the activity of the proffesion has real warded off alot of the wages of sin...I also notice if I don't swim my breathing gets worse and I need to get back in the water.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
welcome to the VU, nice to have you here.
Can't wait to see some of the recipes you have developed if you feel so inclined to share with us :D

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU!! Great story and nice to have you here. I don't DIY yet basically cause I'm lazy but I certainly understand the $$, obsession and vape mail = christmas part! :D

VU Sponsors