Become a Patron!

hello... new member here from Georgia!

bb0y

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My name is Branden aka bb0y or bb0yATL from Atlanta, GA. Quick intro about me is I have been on the internet before it was the popular internet on forums and chat rooms. Big massive shout out to those who know what a BBS is and chatting and navigating was like on a 300 Baud modem, IRC (Efnet), USENET, and the impact it made on the development of online chat and forums to what it is today.

My vaping Voyage began like a lot of people by finding a way to stop smoking permanently, just always tried to quit analogs and couldn't. Tried cold turkey, gums, patches, and chantix over the years. Nothing really kept me away from for extended period of time. I basically just did some research and bought a Innokin AIO (IK-1200), just an all in one kit for cartos.. It worked great in fact still works, but it lacked the amount of vapor I wanted that was satisfying to me and my habit. So that started my journey into becoming a Vape-o-holic. My 100% quit date since last analog was January 1, 2013, but I have been vaping for about 6-8 months prior to that.

Chris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Roll Tide.

I was a kid when my dad ran a BBS in Tuscaloosa. I used to play tradewars like there was no tomorrow. It was called Lighthouse and was run on TriBBS.

bb0y

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice to meet you. I believe I heard about that BBS. I was mostly into pirating software and h/p/c/a/v when I was younger. Most of the BBS down here were Art, Warez related and ran on Renegade, PCBoard, WWIV, Celerity, Remote Access, man there were a lot but I cannot remember them all. Was a different time back then, I believe some of the old school original BBS systems still exist today.

Chris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am going to assume you were in the c64 and vic20 days? If so, do you recall ever getting a floppy with a menu that read, "Brought to you by Freeloader"?

Big Jake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol c-64 and logging into suntimes up in desmoines iowa. set up a local bbs in 1989 on a amiga spent lots of time playing "lords and ladies" I kinda missed the news groups and chatting in the irc groups wow memory lane anyway welcome and hello

VU Sponsors