Become a Patron!

hello vaping world!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the Vu. Most people that are just getting into vaping go with something that replicates the draw of a cigarette. A lot of pod systems out there to look and choose from. I'd start with something small. No need for a 200 watt device. I don't know anyone that has ever vaped that high. I've been vaping for 4 years now and have never vaped higher than 110 watts. What kind of budget are you working with? We have a hardware thread here that is used for sale and trade of used and sometimes new mods. I'd definitely check there too. I've gotten more mods from the hardware thread than I have from stores. A lot of great people here that are definitely trustworthy. If worried about a member you can click their avatar and look at their trading profile. For instance I have an 85 or something positive sales and trades.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't know anyone that has ever vaped that high. I've been vaping for 4 years now and have never vaped higher than 110 watts.

<joking>Ha! I am constantly hammering 250 watts! To beat that, I even use a 0.01 ohm coil!</joking>

In seriousness, welcome to VU. :) I think @MrMeowgi has offered you some good advice. One thing to keep in mind with vaping, you do it how it suits you.

You might try a pod system like suggested and find that is all you need. You could try it and want something different. For example I started using cig-a-likes, went to Ego batteries and clear-o-mizers, now I use a mech squonker with RDAs. You can pick up the terminology as you progress along in your vaping journey. Plenty of folks here can help out for the asking.

Remember though, you do what suits for you. Nobody vapes the one and only true way. If someone tells you they do, you can normally ignore them. :)

thanks for the advice guys!

wait, you can vape more than 150 watts?? i have tried vaping a box mod from my friends and i was coughing already at 70 watts lmao

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks for the advice guys!

wait, you can vape more than 150 watts?? i have tried vaping a box mod from my friends and i was coughing already at 70 watts lmao
Depends on the setup but you can get up that high but it's usually too hot for stock coils. Usually a good series vape which is a different type of vape completely.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to vu
Most everyone coughs when learning how to hit a vape regardless of watts or type of gear. If you're a smoker wanting to quit a pod is a good starting place. If that doesn't appeal to you might look at the innokin starter kits like the kroma/zenith kit. Solid company, any of their kits should serve you well getting started.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU! :cheers:

Solid advice from all above! Pod systems are relatively inexpensive and are a good starting point. They could very well be where you stay. All that matters is staying off the cigs!

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU

VU Sponsors