Become a Patron!

Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RTA 2024 Edition

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

The Dead Rabbit 3 RTA is one of my favorite dual-coil RTAs, so a slightly updated 2024 version has to be a good thing, right?

Product overview

The Dead Rabbit RTA 3 2024 Edition, is a 25mm (flaring out to 27mm), 3.5/5.5ml top-to-bottom airflow, dual-coil RTA.

DSC03571.JPG

What do you get?
  • Dead Rabbit RTA 3 (fitted with 3.5ml straight colored glass)
  • 2×3.0mm 0.37ohm Ni80 fused clapton coils
  • 2×3.0mm ageleted cotton
  • 5.5ml clear bubble glass
  • Coil cutting tool
  • Spare drip-tip
  • Accessories/spares
Differences

Seeing that I’ve already reviewed the Dead Rabbit 3 RTA here, I’m going to focus on the differences between the original and the 2024 version.

• Glass - the straight glass is tinted. It’s a small thing, but it looks kinda cool.
  • RTA base and chamber - the base has a more decorative design and one side of the chamber has a 2024 logo.
  • Drip-tip - two drip-tips, one black and one colored.
  • AFC ring - this now has two rows of eight honey comb holes on each side, while the original had seven diagonal slots. Also, instead of the original’s slash aesthetics, the 2024 version has the Hellvape logo on one side.
DSC03567.JPG

Compatibility

All parts from the original will fit on the 2024 edition and vice versa.

This is nice if you have the original, as you can mix-and-match the parts and create something new.

DSC03557.JPG

Airflow

There is a slight difference in the draw, the 2024 feels slightly more restrictive than the original. To be fair, I had to have both RTAs in front of me, and carefully compare the two to notice the difference.

Note – only the AFC ring has changed, the airflow on the deck is exactly the same

Conclusion

I think it all comes down to what you’re expecting from the 2024 Edition.

If you liked the original and want a slightly better looking version, then this is the one.

If you liked the original and want a better performing version, then apart from a slight change in airflow feel, you might be disappointed.

If you never used the original, but you want a decent dual-coil RTA, this is one of the best.

Disclaimer

The Dead Rabbit RTA 3 2024 Edition was sent for the purposes of this review by Hellvape.

DSC03575.JPG

VU Sponsors