Become a Patron!

HellVape Dead Rabbit Solo RDA - Review By Ben28

HellVape Dead Rabbit Solo RDA
Hellvape_Dead_Rabbit_Solo_RDA_Pictures.jpg
I had been wanting to try a Single Coil RDA for a long time. Yes, it is true that I have tried it in dual RDAs but the experience is not the same. So that's why today I bring you the HellVape Dead Rabbit Solo RDA. This is a 22mm single coil atomizer, with a very very simple deck and I warn you, it produces quite a good flavor.

This review is possible thanks to Sue from Healthcabin, thanks from here. You can visit her page and learn more information about the Dead Rabbit Solo RDA.

1 (1).jpg

Features;
  • 1. Single coil RDA
  • 2. Classic ample build space
  • 3. Flexible airflow control by level/row
  • 4. With 810 colorful resin drip tip
  • 5. Bottom feed with BF pin
  • 6. Including 510 adapter
Brand
Hellvape
Product Name
Dead Rabbit Solo RDA
Diameter
22mm
Height
32.8mm
Drip Tip
Coil Type
Single coil
Color
SS, Matte Black, Matte Full Black, Gunmetal, Gold, Rainbow, Blue, Pinkness, Sakura Pink

Packaging

ReLens_IMG_20240626140658.jpg
The product comes in a rectangular box, where the predominant color is white and with orange decorations, which is usually typical of Hellvape. It is clearly presented to us that this is the Solo edition, and we are introduced to the model, Dead Rabbit RDA. We also have a small window through which we can directly see the RDA without even having to open the box. On the other hand, a detail that seems very good to me is the design of the rabbit, which refers to its name thanks to the eyes, shown in the shape of an X as if it were really a Dead Rabbit.

ReLens_IMG_20240626140724.jpg
On the back the information is concentrated on the main features and the contents of the box. In addition to some contact addresses, a barcode and some logos.

In the box
1* Dead Rabbit Solo RDA
1* 0.42Ω Ni80 Clapton Coil
1* Shoelace Cotton
1* 510Adapter
1*BF Pin
1* Coil Cutting Tool
1* Accessory Bag
1*User Manual

Device Inspection
ReLens_IMG_20240626140820.jpg

As you can see, this Solo does not differ much in shape and aesthetics from its older brothers, let's call them that. The only thing that is very noticeable is his size. I knew he was going to be small, but I didn't know he would be so noticeable. Is that a problem? Not at all, only in the aesthetics section since we will need a rather small mod so that it looks good and doesn't give us too much OCD. For the rest, as you can see, it has two air inlets, one on each side and each of them made up of 15 holes, but we will talk about this later. The upper area (top cap) has inserts that make it easier to dismantle it when cleaning it or even taking a look to see how the cotton is. At the top we find the drip tip. There are two included in the packaging, in my case, one is completely transparent and the other is black, matching the Black Matte that I had chosen. Definitely, you can see a very well built and defined atomizer from a professional point of view.

ReLens_IMG_20240626140921.jpg

These are the two drip tips included in the packaging. As you can see, they are 810 drip tips and I like that they are a little taller than normal since Hellvape is used to including very short drip tips and on more than one occasion I have had a problem with the latter. Being drip tips 810, they can be exchanged by anyone who is also drip tips.

The thing is, the contents of the box include an adapter for 510 drip tips, which can offer us a tighter draw if we so desire. The 510 drip tip is not included, we will have to add our own.

I am quite happy with this section. I remember that in the last atomizer I tried, the Drop Dead 2, the drip tip was so low that I burned my lips more than once with the atomizer. With this one, that has never happened.

ReLens_IMG_20240626141231.jpg

This here is the building deck. As you can see, it has two posts to insert each of the coil pins. Not very small coils are recommended, between 3mm and 4mm, so that they can be able to handle a medium-high power of about 40-70W and thus get the most out of the atomizer. The one that is included is 2.5mm but is capable of handling about 40W.

The build in this deck is very simple. The brand itself recommends cutting the coils at number 5 with its coil cutting tool. In any case, several users, including myself, recommend cutting it to the number 4 and thus align it perfectly with the three rows of the air inlet to maximize the flavor.

We will simply have to put a coil and screw it with a flat-head screwdriver (included), twist it, comb the sides a little and run. We already have our atomizer assembled in a matter of minutes and easily.

On the other hand, if you tend to remove the top part of the atomizer a lot, I warn you that you must be very careful when replacing it. This one has very low sides and if we place it incorrectly or turn it too much it can damage the cotton and move it to the sides, displacing it. So we must add a point of caution there when replacing the cap.

ReLens_IMG_20240626141038.jpg

We are going to comment and do a small analysis of the air intake and its respective regulation. As I mentioned before, it is made up of three rows with 5 holes each, that is, 15 in total per side. It is known as the so-called honeycomb airflow, due to the shape it has.

On the other hand, the regulation in this atomizer is quite personalized and variable. We can close the holes in the first row and leave the bottom two open. We can close the holes in the first two rows and leave the last one open. And finally, close it as much as possible, which would leave only two holes in the last row open.

For this reason, I think it is quite customizable, since we could only leave the two lower rows open, the first closed and the second partially closed... The combinations and regulation are quite wide and adjust to practically any taste.

I quite like both the intake and the air regulation. On the one hand, the entrance focuses directly on the coil, which is designed to maximize the flavor. On the other hand, the regulation is very variable and very easy to use, in addition to the fact that it moves easily and we do not have to exert too much force to adjust.

ReLens_IMG_20240626141326.jpg

I must show you this part of the atomizer because I find it interesting to comment on. As you can see, it is quite narrow and gets narrower as it goes up. In this way and accompanied by the direct flow of air, they make the atomizer a very good producer of flavor.

It is quite easy to clean, simply using swabs moistened with water or directly dry we can have it ready and clean in a matter of minutes.

In general, it seems to me that Hellvape have done a very good job and the quality of the materials and construction of the product can be seen from afar.

ReLens_IMG_20240626141448.jpg

Below we find the pin that will make contact with our mod to be able to use the atomizer. The kit comes with a BF Pin for interchangeability. Even so, it is said that it is not usually very good for a BF since the liquid has a long distance to travel to reach the coil. Anyway, I don't think it's that exaggerated and after various tests I can affirm that it is usable for a BF mod without any problem. It may take a little longer for the liquid to arrive but there is no problem doing so.

Vaping Time

Let's now give way to the performance of the atomizer. After creating two different builds and several rewicks, I can perfectly give my conclusion. First of all I will quickly comment on the constructions. The first of them was with the coil that comes from home in the packaging, which ended up around 0.42Ω and approximately 40W. The other build was with a coil also from Hellvape, which ended up giving approximately 0.2Ω but also 40W.

After testing the device for about a week, I can conclude that it is a pro at flavor generation. I suppose that being so small and so flattened on the inside makes this factor stronger. And yes, I have the dual Dead Rabbit RDA, but this one far surpasses it in terms of flavor production and, in terms of vapor, it is not at all short (it also depends on the air regulation).

Regarding the air regulation, I warn you that it has a great air flow with the regulation completely open. Almost at all times I closed the entire top row, leaving the last two open. In this way, the air flow is reduced a little and made it somewhat more pleasant in my opinion, although I do notice a little less steam with that configuration. For the rest, it is very easy to regulate and very simple, although quite customizable.

In general, I think it is a very well designed device from a professional point of view. Something I love is that it is very easy to clean and have ready in practically a matter of minutes, a complete professional, it is very easy to use that's for sure.

I can't really say much more about it, it has simply left me speechless in terms of flavor generation, it is the best in that sense of the ones I have without any doubt. Definitely a hit by Hellvape.

Pros And Cons
Pros
Cons
Easy Assembly And Wick
Difficult To Fit Perfectly In A Mod ( you will need a small mod to fit it on )
Easy To Clean
Exceptional Air Regulation
Flavour Focused
Coil, Wick, Drip Tips... Included In Package

Conclusion

I admit that I expected much less than what this Dead Rabbit Solo RDA has given me, I really feel quite impressed with how it is built and above all, I keep thinking about the generation of flavor it has, it is simply very good.

I have little more to say about it, a fairly economical atomizer, easy to build and very good.

VU Sponsors