Become a Patron!

Help!! Best 18650 batteries for hybrid mech mod

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have a roundhouse Kennedy mech. So far i have been using vtc4 wich have a continuous discharge of 30A. I use a .12 ohms alien dual coil build on my mech. This requires 38.2A. So i'm basically pushing these batteries to their limit. This issue concerns me even more since i'm also beginning to get heat spots on my batteries. So i'm looking for a 35A or 40A batteries that will perform well in a mech. I have been looking at efest wich makes both a 35A and 40A. However, Mooch gives them a bad review and then flip flops ant gives them good reviews saying they really give the specified continuous discharge. I just want some good batteries that will hit hard on my mech without stressing them. I also would like them to last a little longer than my vtc4s although i know that if you want more power, you're most likely going to get less longevity and vise versa. So Plz any mech users suggestions on some good batteries will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am probably wrong but to the best of my knowledge there is no battery with a CDR over 30A. I believe the Samsung 26s is the highest we have available at a true 30A CDR. Again I am probably wrong. I know a dude who comp.cloud chase and he runs super sub-ohm at .10 even .08. He pulses being mindfull of battery temp and pauses between pulls. He claims it is pretty safe if you are experienced and carefull. IDK not my thing. Sorry wish I was more help. I am sure someone else will come along with bettet info. May the Force be with you.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As others have stated, the VTC4 doesn't have a continuous discharge rate (CDR) of 30A. Instead, it only has a CDR of 23A, and, in addition to that, it doesn't actually even hit very hard when compared to the best of the best, nor does it offer a lot of battery life for that matter, either... it is just an older cell that has long been superseded, multiple times in fact.

The best performing 18650 cell with a CDR of 30A is the Samsung 20S right now. There exist cells with a CDR above 30A and that are commercially available to consumers, but none of these cells are 18650 so basically your best bet if you want to vape at .12 ohms right now IMO is to grab a Brizo by BJ Box Mods ("Broadside Mods") or a Tauren by Thunderhead Creations or a Vindicator by Kennedy Vapor or, if you can find it, a Sarov by Vaperz Cloud. Doing this will enable you to use the Samsung 30T, which has a CDR of 35A, and that's the hardest hitting cell of them all right now. Other single battery tube mechs that also can accept 21700 batteries include some models from the more expensive brands like Purge Mods (the Enforcer mod or the Slam Piece mod) and League Of Scoundrels.

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I really appreciate all the advice i got here guys. Thanks! I think i'm going to try the Samsungs Carambrda suggested. As for box mods, imo they don't have the same voltage drop curve as a regular mech mod. Something about the way a single battery 18650 mech hits makes it special. I guess is that voltage drop or something. I have a semi regulated hexohm and other regulated devices, and they just don't hit the same. I tried unregulated box mods also, but again, something about the way a single battery hybrid mech hits. Its just really good. Its just the drag of having to switch batteries constantly.

kennedyhexohmfan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
As others have stated, the VTC4 doesn't have a continuous discharge rate (CDR) of 30A. Instead, it only has a CDR of 23A, and, in addition to that, it doesn't actually even hit very hard when compared to the best of the best, nor does it offer a lot of battery life for that matter, either... it is just an older cell that has long been superseded, multiple times in fact.

The best performing 18650 cell with a CDR of 30A is the Samsung 20S right now. There exist cells with a CDR above 30A and that are commercially available to consumers, but none of these cells are 18650 so basically your best bet if you want to vape at .12 ohms right now IMO is to grab a Brizo by BJ Box Mods ("Broadside Mods") or a Tauren by Thunderhead Creations or a Vindicator by Kennedy Vapor or, if you can find it, a Sarov by Vaperz Cloud. Doing this will enable you to use the Samsung 30T, which has a CDR of 35A, and that's the hardest hitting cell of them all right now. Other single battery tube mechs that also can accept 21700 batteries include some models from the more expensive brands like Purge Mods (the Enforcer mod or the Slam Piece mod) and League Of Scoundrels.
You're right! lol Efest batteries say 40A but 25A continuous discharge.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're right! lol Efest batteries say 40A but 25A continuous discharge.
For today at least.
Mooch said something about not charting rewraps?
Because the cell under the wrap this week may be different next week.
And he will not recommend them not knowing what is under all of their wraps.

And no regs forcing them to accurately wrap either I think.

VU Sponsors