Become a Patron!

HELP! Burnt my Coil!

How do I fix my burnt Coil?

I am new to vaping, tried disposables trying vaporiser with a tank ended up burning the coil, how do I repair my burnt coil.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
What atomizer/tank?
If premade coil heads it can't be fixed. Well, It might could be, but that's a long tedious experiment for a new vaper, even if it was possible.

More than likely it was fired w/o the wick being saturated so the wick burned.

On a new coil, saturate the wick and also let it soak for 5 mins or so after you install. Puff it a couple times at the lowest setting for that coil, then turn up the power to desired but not more than the coils limit...preferably a little less than max wattage stated on it.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
How do I fix my burnt Coil?

I am new to vaping, tried disposables trying vaporiser with a tank ended up burning the coil, how do I repair my burnt coil.
When he says saturate the wick, he (or she) means to drip juice into the holes and if possible into the cotton thru the top of the coil to allow the juice to absorb better once installed.

This is known as priming your coil. You do it before installing it into the tank, while u r holding the coil in your hand, for example.

What you do about a burnt coil tho, is replace it šŸ˜€

Edit-if it is burning out after u have been vaping it there are a whole different set of reasons, so we just need more info about what u r doin in order to help u (and welcome to the forum also)

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In other words... replace your coil, put fresh juice in the tank, let it soak for at least 5 minutes, and do not fire it up at a super high setting. That is, unless you want to burn up the replacement coil.

That is why many of us use rebuildables. If we mess up, we might burn the cotton, and get a nasty taste. We can remedy that at low cost, unlike those who use proprietary coils.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is why many of us use rebuildables. If we mess up, we might burn the cotton, and get a nasty taste. We can remedy that at low cost, unlike those who use proprietary coils.

Even replacing a rebuildable coil is cheap. Usually they can run $0.02 to $0.09 per coil if you're using simple coils. You can use more expensive rebuidalbe coils if you like but I find that simple coils can do what's required sufficiently.

Yeah, when cotton gets burnt like that, it's almost impossible to get that horrible taste out of it.

It happens to us all at least a few times.

Yes it does. Dry hits are nasty. *squonks*

Editing to add: Agree with all the advice offered here already. Merely wanted to further suggest using rebuidable coils. Using those I find is far piece better than staying locked to a manufacture's coil/s / coil assemblies.

VU Sponsors