Become a Patron!

HELP! I NEED auto draw/fire

Hi there,

I've scoured the internet for information on how to build in auto draw on a large custom 8.4v unregulated mod. The only product I have been able to find is the old madvapes 510 that is rated for 3.7v and over 2ohm. How does this even sense vacuum? It's integrated into the bottom of the connector below the tank/chimney?

It seems to be integrated into other devices such as the Proteus E-hookah head and square but I don't feel like buying one just to rip it apart.

Does any engineer in here know which components would be needed to build this? I am at my wits end trying to research it and I am about ready to pay someone to custom fab it for me...

Space for parts will not be an issue this is going in a rather large box but I would still like the smallest components possible for design sake.

Thanks,

suprtrkr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It could be done with either a reed switch somewhere in the air path, or a pressure sensor located in the vape chamber. Reed switch would probably be easier to do. I'd locate it in the air path leading into the chamber, if possible, rather than in the vapor stream leaving it, to cut down on condensation and the potential for corrosion. You'll probably have to fab an actuator; try to make it clear the airway entirely when on, or increase the air passage to accommodate the restriction. A pressure sensor is possible as well. That, I would locate in the vape chamber or ported into the drip tip. It's likely to be expensive, though. You'll need one sensitive enough to trip on just a few millibars, or you'll be halfway through the draw before you get any vapor, unless you like really restrictive draws for MTL. Calibration will also be an issue; you don't want it to autofire if a front line blows through. Whatever sensor you pick, use the signal to drive a MOSFET to fire the mod.

All in all, I think a reed switch would be easier to do. If you don't want to custom fab an atty for your machine, pick a bottom air only dripper, like a Fishbone, and use an o-ring to seal it to the 510, so you can build a supply air channel into the mod and put the switch in that. Good luck, and post us some pics when you get it running.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There was a mod by Peter K MODS called the "auto mini genesis" the switch was on the drip tip. I found some info but its on ECF, here is the link

edited, that was not the same thing.

Found a review by Todd link

StereoFreeze

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There was a mod by Peter K MODS called the "auto mini genesis" the switch was on the drip tip. I found some info but its on ECF, here is the link
edited, that was not the same thing.
Found a review by Todd link

That Petar K Mod was pretty cool and used a reed type system @suprtrkr mentioned above. It worked pretty well, but if I recall correctly shocked my lip sometimes. I still have it somewhere, if you want picks of the switch setup I can take some tonight.

VU Sponsors