Become a Patron!

Help me - QP Violator LE RTA

Serena25330

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is this the correct forum to seek help troubleshooting my rta?
I recently bought the violator and cannot get the top cap to come loose off the portion where liquid filling ports are - there’s a small tool included to assist in tightening it down. I tried reversing the process to loosen the filling port - nothing. I tried rubber bands for grip - still nada.

About the only thing I haven’t done is post pictures here.

Would that be helpful? Pictures? I wrote to the place where I bought the RTA (Canadian outfit). I’d send it back if I thought it was my last resort. Maybe I should write to QP. It’s a QP design - I’ve had horrendously bad luck with their rta’s from broken glass to soapy taste to - just random shiite

Everyone here has been so helpful I figured I’d post this issue

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Is this the correct forum to seek help troubleshooting my rta?
I recently bought the violator and cannot get the top cap to come loose off the portion where liquid filling ports are - there’s a small tool included to assist in tightening it down. I tried reversing the process to loosen the filling port - nothing. I tried rubber bands for grip - still nada.

About the only thing I haven’t done is post pictures here.

Would that be helpful? Pictures? I wrote to the place where I bought the RTA (Canadian outfit). I’d send it back if I thought it was my last resort. Maybe I should write to QP. It’s a QP design - I’ve had horrendously bad luck with their rta’s from broken glass to soapy taste to - just random shiite

Everyone here has been so helpful I figured I’d post this issue

See if this will be helpful. Barring that you may need to get a pair of channel lock pliers, use a towel between them and the top cap. Wrench that piece off gently but firmly.

Serena25330

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi I followed advice I requested and attached the pieces together then gave it over to someone who knows little if anything about RTAs and viola he was able to un-attach it for me.... I’d been nuts trying to do it myself for weeks!
Put together the damned thing and the taste was off I must’ve built it off, oh - it was the wick at fault, of course! it was old and likely stale - let u know if it tastes any better later.
Have to dig it up out of the wreckage. Dust it off. Start all over again
Enjoy ur weekend!

VU Sponsors