Become a Patron!

Help! No Vapor and Hot Button with Maraxus Mod sporting Atlantis tank

So, today I walked into a vape store and asked if they had the Atlantis and a mod compatible for it. The owner told me he had some on order, but they wouldn't be there for another two weeks. The man, noticing that I am impatient and don't feel like waiting, offered to sell me his personal vape that had a maraxus mod and Atlantis tank on it. He was using it, worked fine, I used it, worked fine, and long story short I bought his mod and tank for about $70.
However, when I got home, I would get huge hits like it is supposed to give, but it eventually gave lesser and lesser vape. Within 45 minutes of having it, I was getting ZERO vape, and a VERY hot fire button. The battery is fine, and it is a battery compatible with the mod, so Im not going im not the battery im using.
I decided the battery was probably dead, so I charged it. I plugged the battery back in, got a few huge clouds, then zero again. Now, I've read fixes for the firing button getting hot (They said to unscrew the white seal around it, and re-adjust it. This worked, but still no vape).

TL;DR : My vape gives me a huge cloud, then nothing. Ill take the fire button off, take everything apart, put it back together and the same thing will happen; two big clouds, then ZERO vapor. What in the HELL is wrong with this thing? It'll work for a minute or two, then it will stop working. It had zero problem until I brought it back to my house. I brought it back to him about an hour after I bought it, and I told him what was going on. He took the fire button off, put it back on, and it worked. I took it home, and instantly stopped working again. This is very frustrating to have it work for 5 seconds, and then stop.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read this, and the potential help you may offer! Cheers!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
you have a short.
Could have popped the coil and the path of least resistance is the switch.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you have a short.
Could have popped the coil and the path of least resistance is the switch.
thats what it sounds like to me as well, did you get some spare coils?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is there any way you can take a pic of the center pin on the bottom of the Tank for us to check out, there might be an issue with it, sometimes on tanks like that, the center pin can touch the side of the thread wall, creating a short as well.

VU Sponsors