Become a Patron!

Help Please: Vaping Princess Needs a New Tank

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My normally cheery wife finally admitted it. She's a vaping princess. Here's what I woke up to this morning after the swearing:

"I need something that works like the Smok tank, but with less screwy parts."

Clues:
1) She's direct-lung.
2) Single-batt mods, one is the MiniVolt with no TC.
3) Slow ramp-ups are fine. Example: Kanthal, .4 or .5 ohm, with low wattage.
4) "Top-fills are a pain in the ass to fill."
5) "Vents near the mouthpiece are stupid."
6) So no TFV4 mini. She hates the Crown as well. "5,000 threads."

My favorite:
"I need an RBA so you can make me coils and avoid the financial rabbit hole."

Most important fact:
She would rather pay money for a new tank than get advice on how to unscrew the 510 without opening the tank/unleashing a flood of juice. She has hidden the tank.* I'm working blind here.

Thanks.

*This is really happening.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My normally cheery wife finally admitted it. She's a vaping princess. Here's what I woke up to this morning after the swearing:

Clues:
1) She's direct-lung.

My favorite:

Most important fact:
She would rather pay money for a new tank than get advice on how to unscrew the 510 without opening the tank/unleashing a flood of juice. She has hidden the tank.* I'm working blind here.

Thanks.

Possibly the Tfv4 micro kit , has the rba included , 2.5, 3.5, 5ml glass plus extensions , 5 pack of ss coils at vapenw for 11 and change ,. It has the normal tfv4 top fill , another out to look at may be the kanger protank 4 . Not immediately available but looks like it may be a winner with the new rba deck it looks really roomy and the top /side childproof filling looks a little strange but functional.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get her a CE4, after that she'll be happy with anything you give her:)

Now seriously, since you want to use an RBA and are doing everything for her besides filling, you might as well get a proper RTA with a proper build deck, instead of a tank with replaceable heads and an RBA option.

Like: Crius, Griffin, TF-RTA, etc..

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
you might as well get a proper RTA

A proper build deck would be fantastic.

I drip. Don't know sh!t about tanks. I learn all this tank stuff on the fly to put out fires, if that makes sense. I do see Crius and Griffin a lot in thread titles, but never pieced it together at any level.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most important fact:
She would rather pay money for a new tank than get advice on how to unscrew the 510 without opening the tank/unleashing a flood of juice.

*must not comment* o_O

Is she particularly hard on the gear?
I've had no issues with the Bachelor and its' top-fill is pinned like the TFV4.

If slow ramp-up is fine... leave in the paperclip it comes with. :p
Should have the Nano as well myself in a few days, looking forward to it.

Other than the SMOK and Crown... what else is off the table?

Anything you think is a front-runner?

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I drip. Don't know sh!t about tanks. I learn all this tank stuff on the fly to put out fires, if that makes sense. I do see Crius and Griffin a lot in thread titles, but never pieced it together at any level.
Billow v3. Although it IS top fill

AnthonyMods

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Clues:
1) She's direct-lung.

My favorite:

Most important fact:

Thanks.

Tfv4 is the only tank with an amazing Rba BUT your in luck PLEASE READ for really cheap you can get a Coral tank by Zpal it takes the same size coils as the tfv4 so you can use any tfv4 coil head in it. it is basically a tfv4 with a simpler design no stupid top fill it has bottom fill and screw off topfill ( not hinged ) it will come with coils by Zpal which are good but made for 40-200watts so make sure you have a tfv4 Rba head to put in it and it will fit trust me!
Link:

https://maxvaping.com/products/coral-sub-ohm-tank

Last edited:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Another type of tanks which are closer in design to RDAs are RDTAs like:
Boreas, Aromamizer Supreme, Aromamizer V2, TF-RDTA, etc..

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
what else is off the table

Kanger. Completely off the table.

No front-runner. This will be the first time I get to buy her hardware that I want her to use (and VU has real-time input on). Versus involving the vape shop and what they have in stock.

AnthonyMods

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kanger. Completely off the table.

No front-runner. This will be the first time I get to buy her hardware that I want her to use (and VU has real-time input on). Versus involving the vape shop and what they have in stock.

You can Vape the tfv4 single coil Rba deck at 60watts no problem look into getting her the coral by Zpal it's a no hassle tfv4

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly... you're going to get suggestions for everything under the sun.

What else has she used, what did she like, how does she vape?

I like the 'Mizer too... easiest damn tank to wick, VERY RDA-like.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In addition, as a guy who used to only use RDAs and got back to tanks thanks to RDTAs, I can say that you might like and enjoy those type of tanks yourself (even if your wife manages to find something wrong with them).

AnthonyMods

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In addition, as a guy who used to only use RDAs and got back to tanks thanks to RDTAs, I can say that you might like and enjoy those type of tanks yourself (even if your wife manages to find something wrong with them).

I LOVE my theorem by wismec people hate on it but I keep my dual coils in my rda and my singles in my rtas another thing about the theorem it gets a lot of hate but people need to understand theirs a learning curve to it and your not buying an rta it's an rda with a fat juice well!!! So people gotta stop crying about filling it every hour lol

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I LOVE my theorem by wismec people hate on it but I keep my dual coils in my rda and my singles in my rtas another thing about the theorem it gets a lot of hate but people need to understand theirs a learning curve to it and your not buying an rta it's an rda with a fat juice well!!! So people gotta stop crying about filling it every hour lol
If you like the Theorem, you might also like the limitless and Avocado24.

I also like the Genny style top deck but with cotton idea.

Yes they are less practical but you can't beat the flavor on them.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
you might like and enjoy those type of tanks yourself

Correct. If I get her a ballsy tank, I'd have a spare for me that I'd have wicked and ready to go. That either of us could grab.

What else has she used, what did she like, how does she vape?

Her history:
--Greensmoke
--Pens
--Mods/tanks since Christmas. Subtank Mini, Crown, Smok TFV4. Lots of hatred.

Style:
--For tanks: Slow ramp up, soft vape. Subtle. 0.4 ohm, watts in the 20's. Sugar cookie/vanilla.
--Then there's her Nebox, holy crap. Kicks like a mule. Ti, .3, 9mg/ml strong menthol, TC. Apparently she likes the two very different vapes.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Apparently she likes the two very different vapes.

Wow. Apparently she does.

You'll have to maintain it... but she'll have to enjoy it.
Gotta get this right, or we'll just be doing it again next week. :p

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Got called out to an emergency plumbing job. Will start reading up on suggestions tonight. Seriously... thank you all. I am humbled by the help.

I expect a derailed thread when I get back, with talk about how slutty my mom is.

Gotta get this right, or we'll just be doing it again next week.

You are correct. And yeah, I will be able to sleep soundly tonight if I have a short list together. Funny thing is that we're moving right now, and that's not bothering her at all. It's that her tank has too many threaded parts. Ha.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Get her a subtank top fill -
Or subtank Mini

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish I had someone to roll my Claptons, clean my tanks and RDAs and mix my DIY for me.
No need to build my coils, that I enjoy :D

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm ordering 3 Boreas' on Friday. I've heard AMAZING things about it. @roxynoodle can help you too! She's awesome (and helped design the Boreas)

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Why does she even care, since it's not her that takes it apart?

She wants to be able to fill her own tank. And for some reason, she hates hates hates when I ask her questions for troubleshooting, even if it's for a brainless activity like unscrewing a 510. It's the quirk in the relationship. (Hence the self-proclaimed "Princess" tag. She knows I'm calling her that on here. She just laughed and shrugged.) I make juice, but she would still rather buy her friend's stuff than have me ask her to try a couple flavors.

Main Problem
Think about cigalikes. You buy them and puff on them and replace them.
She absolutely does not want to accept that mods, and even DIY should be any different.

All these hours I've been on here to improve DIY, she thought I was gossiping in a type of vaping chat room. Ohm's Law, batteries, tools, wire, coils, wicking, TC, nic, flavors, regulated mods, RDAs, tanks, rebuilding disposable attys. Nope, shouldn't take that long. It's a stick that produces vapor.

If that's the only quirk, that's cool. I drive her crazy too sometimes.

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most tanks these days seem to be topfill. You can probably find an arctic around. It was a good tank, bottom fill, .5 coils available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If she wants a soft, easy DL vape with rebuildable, the Serpent comes to mind. More or less a Steam Engine but it's an RTA instead of with prebuilt coils. Not my preference, but from the description, it might make sense.

Not so sure on the Bachelor. Found o-rings and jfc became problematic after several weeks. Air flow is pretty limited, and ramp up with the semi prebuilt coils is like molasses.

The other RTA suggestions, like the Billow v3, might be better.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tfv4 is the only tank with an amazing Rba BUT your in luck PLEASE READ for really cheap you can get a Coral tank by Zpal it takes the same size coils as the tfv4 so you can use any tfv4 coil head in it. it is basically a tfv4 with a simpler design no stupid top fill it has bottom fill and screw off topfill ( not hinged ) it will come with coils by Zpal which are good but made for 40-200watts so make sure you have a tfv4 Rba head to put in it and it will fit trust me!
Link:

https://maxvaping.com/products/coral-sub-ohm-tank
Interesting, never heard of this tank....thanks..!

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cubis is easy.
Tobeco Super Tank is top fill but extremely easy. (once you get the damn thing apart the first time)
Herakles is bottom fill and easy.
Vaporesso Target Tank is bottom fill and easy.
IPV Pure X2 is top fill but easy to fill. (just got it, not changed the cotton in this supposed coil less thing)
(my definition of easy and hers may not be the same)

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my isub's. G, Apex, S. G is my fave.

1. Soft vape around 32 watts.
2. No spill coil replacement or
3. They have a rebuildable coil to make it an RTA.
4. Bottom fill.
5. Good flavor on the desserts.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my isub's. G, Apex, S. G is my fave.

1. Soft vape around 32 watts.
2. No spill coil replacement or
3. They have a rebuildable coil to make it an RTA.
4. Bottom fill.
5. Good flavor on the desserts.

The new iSub V may get me to buy another iSub after 9-10 months (still never used my G, just the 3 PCs - rockin' one now with a WoToFo Tiger Wire in the RBA).

Looks to be stripped of the APEX and S crap... like a top-fill G. Me likey.

Oh... and it has some spring loaded plunger that closes of the juice flow when you unscrew the top-fill cap. Nice, apparently it works too. :eek:

:p

Last edited:

AnthonyMods

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Interesting, never heard of this tank....thanks..!

No problem bro I was about to get the coral but my local shop had a tfv4 that had a broken spare glass they sold me for $20 I wish I got a coral because the only thing I like about my tfv4 is the coils and the coral has a less wonky top fill and cooler design IMO

AnthonyMods

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you like the Theorem, you might also like the limitless and Avocado24.

I also like the Genny style top deck but with cotton idea.

Yes they are less practical but you can't beat the flavor on them.

Thanks I looked into them but I've found you don't need dual coils to get a good Vape so I keep my duals in my velocity rda and my single (sometimes dual verticals) in my theorem. I like the avacodo 24 but the theorem is fine for me and looks as amazing as it vapes plus I'm quite the wismec fanboy the only thing I used alot that they didn't make is my velocity rda. Your right about the flavor my theorem deck is closer to the drip tip than my velocity but it's very practical for me even though it only holds two Mls I can fill it while driving in a minute and I always put a 2xtwisted, 28awg ss316L, 3mm, 8 or 10 wrap, .5ohm spaced coil in my theorem and Vape it in temp on my rx200 44.4watts 480*F I can crank it up more but I don't i leave my fat lung hits and high wattages to my rda with the theorem I do single airflow above the coil and get a nice slightly restrictive slightly longer lung hit with a fuckload of flavor!!!

Last edited:

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Update: 23 May 16
Offer moved to rewrap thread.

Last edited:

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a pile of them I haven't used yet (lazy) but since no one else has replied, I thought someone needed to.
I don't need them but this empty space where a post needed to be put the temptation a bit too high for me not to post.
I'm sure someone needs them though.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
By the way, did you make a decision? I scrolled through twice and didn't notice so if you did I'll have to scroll through a third time.

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
By the way, did you make a decision?

Well. It's interesting.

I collected all the suggestions from that 3-hour pop and showed her the list. I think she finally realized that this forum doesn't mess around. Plus, it surprised her that, in the middle of me moving us to a new place, that I was going to take that much time out to get her a new tank.

She sat down and figured out how to take it apart like a big girl. And then she suddenly realized the TFV4 is good for her vaping style.

So here's the happy ending:
Now that I know more about what's available... when I get done moving us, one of these suggested tanks will be the gift to myself. Just want to do a little more reading first.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
She wants to be able to fill her own tank. And for some reason, she hates hates hates when I ask her questions for troubleshooting, even if it's for a brainless activity like unscrewing a 510. It's the quirk in the relationship. (Hence the self-proclaimed "Princess" tag. She knows I'm calling her that on here. She just laughed and shrugged.) I make juice, but she would still rather buy her friend's stuff than have me ask her to try a couple flavors.

Main Problem
Think about cigalikes. You buy them and puff on them and replace them.
She absolutely does not want to accept that mods, and even DIY should be any different.

All these hours I've been on here to improve DIY, she thought I was gossiping in a type of vaping chat room. Ohm's Law, batteries, tools, wire, coils, wicking, TC, nic, flavors, regulated mods, RDAs, tanks, rebuilding disposable attys. Nope, shouldn't take that long. It's a stick that produces vapor.

If that's the only quirk, that's cool. I drive her crazy too sometimes.

here's my 2 cents
you need to have 2 of th same tank she likes
she can vape on one
and you have the other one setup and filled with juice
when shes emptied the first she switches
then you can deal with the empty tank and get it ready for her when the second tank is empty

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
here's my 2 cents
you need to have 2 of th same tank she likes
she can vape on one
and you have the other one setup and filled with juice
when shes emptied the first she switches
then you can deal with the empty tank and get it ready for her when the second tank is empty

Yup. Backup everything.
The reason there isn't a backup-anything for the Smok yet is because it's still so new. She's had one of those out-of-the-box attys in there for at least a month. Hasn't even put the RBA in it yet.

By the way, good for Smok for throwing the RBA in with the tank. Uwell should take lessons.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The new iSub V may get me to buy another iSub after 9-10 months (still never used my G, just the 3 PCs - rockin' one now with a WoToFo Tiger Wire in the RBA).

Looks to be stripped of the APEX and S crap... like a top-fill G. Me likey.

Oh... and it has some spring loaded plunger that closes of the juice flow when you unscrew the top-fill cap. Nice, apparently it works too. :eek:

:p
I have one of the V's. I like the G better.

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's probably just me. It's shorter and the drip tip is really tiny, which doesn't work for me. I put a bigger driptip on but it looks silly on a tiny tank. Asthetics mostly I guess.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks.
I've never used my G (got it a year ago) but I've used its' DT on all sorts of RDAs and tanks. :p

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The V tip is smaller and thinner. I think. I haven't used it in a long time. I have nice glass tips that I prefer. Will probably order a smaller glass for the V and see how I feel after that. :)

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ha

Clues:
1) She's direct-lung.

My favorite:

Most important fact:

Thanks.

She needs down...She needs the COV Vengeance. Original, not the Defiant. Only holds 2ml, but smoothest best flavor tank with the stock coils. And I've tried a lot. I never vape them above 30 watts, and my favorite set up with my Evic Mini VTC. Also bottom fill, and it's never leaked. Did I mention the flavor...OMG. And a box of 10 coils are only $20 at My Freedom Smokes. I want to get a couple more!

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
As a side note, it does have those nasty drip tip holes I hate too...but the design is you have to pull out a silicone gasket to use those hole, so no screwing. I never take it out....hate drip tip air :/

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ha

She sounds like me, we just know what we like ;) She needs the COV Vengeance. Original, not the Defiant. Only holds 2ml, but smoothest best flavor tank with the stock coils. And I've tried a lot. I never vape them above 30 watts, and my favorite set up with my Evic Mini VTC. Also bottom fill, and it's never leaked. Did I mention the flavor...OMG. And a box of 10 coils are only $20 at My Freedom Smokes. I want to get a couple more!

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know this is from 2 weeks ago but will throw a curveball out there. Instead of a rebuildable do what I did for my wife buy like 3 Joytech AIO's for $17 each at ecig. Com they are just a 1500mah battery with a cubis tank. Coils are $6 for 5 and you can fill them all with a different juice. Screw worrying about building and worse dripping from rta. Just a thought

VU Sponsors