Become a Patron!

Help using FA fresh cream t does

MTLian

Member For 4 Years
hello,

So I've just started to DIY and I've been making batches of mainly HiC's recipes which have been great so far! However, I bought FA "fresh cream" and I haven't used it yet. I was thinking of mixing it with pear to make a sort of pear ice cream. Since it doesn't impart sweetness, I really wonder how to use it.

Please suggest some percentages of the following so, I can make some creams/icecream. I'd also like to make a green tea ice cream so im thinking since green tea isn't sweet, I'll probably have to resort to Vienna cream to get the sweetness.

Strawberries and cream (I have FA strawberry, fresh cream and Vienna cream)
Green tea ice cream (I have TFA green tea and fa torrone)
Pear ice cream
Coconut cream

Thanks for your suggestions!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Taken from HIC's "My Notes On...."

FA Fresh Cream
One of FlavourArt’s most useful flavors. This is just plain, fresh, light cream - no
sweetener, no vanilla - and none of the chemical, plastic, or fake flavor or diketones that
most other brands include. Use 0.5% to add creamier, smoother flavor to a recipe. Use
up to 2% in a recipe for milky flavor. It’s excellent with coffees and other beverages,
fruits, bakery flavors, mints, creamy desserts, the cream in cocktail recipes, even to
mellow a harsh tobacco. Remember your other flavors must provide the sweetness -
Marshmallow often works well for that. If using it with fruits, a touch of Lychee or Pear
can sweeten it. If FlavourArt has a single most-useful flavoring for all DIYers, this is it.

MTLian

Member For 4 Years
Thanks dude, that's why I bought it :) still, I wonder what I can mix it with... If I try and use it with green tea, what should I use to sweeten the recipe?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i use it with everything 1% with fruits is AWESOME

om terms of sweetners you have all kings of choices
mashmaellow
EM
everyone has their favorite

MTLian

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Do you think that pear and fresh cream would be good? What about strawberry and fresh cream? I heard FA strawberry isn't that sweet.

I'm thinking 4% strawberry and 2% fresh cream. Or maybe 1% fresh cream and 1%vienna cream? I kinda wanna get the feeling of what fresh cream taste like though... What do you guys think about my percentages?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think you've got a good start there at 4 strawberry, 2 fresh - give it a try and see how it does, then maybe start adding vienna incrementally as you see fit. I use CAP sweet cream at half the ratio of fresh cream in recipes I want to sweeten up just a touch, though for ice cream the earlier suggestion of trying marshmallow might be more appropriate.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Do you think that pear and fresh cream would be good? What about strawberry and fresh cream? I heard FA strawberry isn't that sweet.

I'm thinking 4% strawberry and 2% fresh cream. Or maybe 1% fresh cream and 1%vienna cream? I kinda wanna get the feeling of what fresh cream taste like though... What do you guys think about my percentages?
Try 3-4% strawberry-2% Vienna- 1% fresh cream

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you're trying for Ice Cream you might need to add some FA Vanilla Classic, Vanilla Tahiti, or Vanilla Bourbon.
FA Meringue can help add a little sweetness and goes well with most fruits.

Otherwise use TFA/CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, best Ice Cream flavor I've found so far, unless you're trying to avoid the bad stuff.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're trying for Ice Cream you might need to add some FA Vanilla Classic, Vanilla Tahiti, or Vanilla Bourbon.
FA Meringue can help add a little sweetness and goes well with most fruits.

Otherwise use TFA/CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, best Ice Cream flavor I've found so far, unless you're trying to avoid the bad stuff.
Always out of stock when I make an order. :mad: I built a whole order around CAPs VBIC only to see it go OOS when I went to pay.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Always out of stock when I make an order. :mad: I built a whole order around CAPs VBIC only to see it go OOS when I went to pay.
Luckily I snagged another one during the Black Friday sales as I was getting low on a couple:D.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. I just ordered some from BCV along with (all CAPs) Horchata, Sugar Cookie V2, Cinnamon Danish Swirl V2, Vanilla Whipped Cream. I wanted to try some of CAP's new V2's and was danguresly low on Horchata. Looks like CAPs has another new one that sounds worth a try, but BCV was OOS.
Blueberry_Jam_Cap__01939.1447427900.386.386.jpg

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm vaping (sort of) your idea right now - Pear, Fresh Cream and a sploosh of Vanilla Bourbon - and brother, let me tell you, it's downright delicious. In fact, I need to make a few backup bottles to start steeping.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm vaping (sort of) your idea right now - Pear, Fresh Cream and a sploosh of Vanilla Bourbon - and brother, let me tell you, it's downright delicious. In fact, I need to make a few backup bottles to start steeping.
That does sound good. I only have TFA pear, but I'm gonna give that a try.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If'n you dig it, I would highly recommend FA's version next time you get a chance.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just mixed up TFA pear 5%- FA Fresh Cream 2%- FA Vanilla Bourbon .5%
I forgot I had any pear until I went looking. Thanks for the nudge burley.
One day steep and I am diggin it. :cool:

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One day steep and I am diggin it. :cool:
Got it rocking in my lungs as I type. It's damned decent. Made a couple bigger bottles of it yesterday to let sit and steep until this 15mls is gone. Should be around lunch haha

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the way the fresh cream doesn't muddle the pear, but still slightly tames and smooths it. The vanilla bourbon nestles in nicely. So simple, yet so good. I'm glad I dug out my pear.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the way the fresh cream doesn't muddle the pear, but still slightly tames and smooths it. The vanilla bourbon nestles in nicely. So simple, yet so good. I'm glad I dug out my pear.
So I played around with it yesterday, making two variations that I thought might sound good - slash - just flat-out wanted to play in "the lab (see: my garage & workbench)" again.

The first 'complex' version of it nudged down my level of Vanilla Bourbon to 2% and I added 2% of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream as well as 1% FA Liquid Amber. Pear's all gone from that one, a little under 24 hours of steep into it and there's just nothing there except a creamy, almost custard-like vanilla. It's not unpleasant, but it's not a pear vape anymore either - and honestly, I could get the same results mixing the Bourbon and Vanilla Bean alone, I'm sure.

The second one added in TFA Toasted Almond at 1%, swapped Vanilla Bourbon for Vienna Cream and swapped out the Fresh Cream for TFA Marshmallow. It's light, it's pear-y (kinda, it's lost in the sauce at this point here) and I don't get very much from the Toasted Almond except for kind of a generic "nut" taste in the background. It's smooth though, and slightly different enough from the straight, original 3-ingredient recipe that I'll hang on to the bottle and see if it gets anywhere. I think the Marshmallow is a smoother addition than the FA Fresh Cream, to be honest.

Vaping enough of this, as well as the two variants that my taste buds are starting to fizzle out - everything kind of tastes the same. Might have to pull out the tobacco tank for the rest of the day.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not gonna mess with this mix. I'm actually going to start using this base to test more fruits. It takes that (sometimes) edge off without hiding the fruit flavor. Now if I can get just around to cleaning my 25+ tester bottles.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not gonna mess with this mix. I'm actually going to start using this base to test more fruits. It takes that (sometimes) edge off without hiding the fruit flavor. Now if I can get just around to cleaning my 25+ tester bottles.
Yep, I agree; just dripped a little of the original recipe and I think it's far better in it's simplicity. It'll become a staple 'round my house, if it hasn't already.

Speaking of tester bottles needing washed, I have this plastic "dirty dishes" tub that's taking up valuable real estate on my bench that I really should get off my butt and start washing. I think I'll do that later to-- ooh, new threads on VU click click click

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, I agree; just dripped a little of the original recipe and I think it's far better in it's simplicity. It'll become a staple 'round my house, if it hasn't already.

Speaking of tester bottles needing washed, I have this plastic "dirty dishes" tub that's taking up valuable real estate on my bench that I really should get off my butt and start washing. I think I'll do that later to-- ooh, new threads on VU click click click
Hey burley. If you have FA Kiwi. Try
3% Kiwi(FA)
2% Fresh Cream(FA)
.5% Vanilla Bourbon(FA)
I think you'll like it.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey burley. If you have FA Kiwi. Try
3% Kiwi(FA)
2% Fresh Cream(FA)
.5% Vanilla Bourbon(FA)
I think you'll like it.
I gotta pick some of that up, always been a fan of kiwi. Thanks for the head's up!

VU Sponsors