Become a Patron!

HELP. Will this give me a throat hit?

Hello I have a question about the nord 4. I NEED a strong throat hit. Will this be able to give me that? Or what device do you recommend for a throat hit.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here's a good review of the product in question. In reading the review, I do not discern anything from keeping one from getting a nice throat hit.

You may want to try 9 or 12 mg nicotine strength ejuice if 3 or 6 mg isn't giving you what you want. It isn't always the fault of a device for not giving what you want. Sometimes you need to try something different, be it the juice or switching from ML to DL style.

Not witing that to seem nasty. It simply is what it is. I do not use any pod style devices and so I'm not sure I can be of further help. I'm sure those who can be will be along soon.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Here's a good review of the product in question. In reading the review, I do not discern anything from keeping one from getting a nice throat hit.

You may want to try 9 or 12 mg nicotine strength ejuice if 3 or 6 mg isn't giving you what you want. It isn't always the fault of a device for not giving what you want. Sometimes you need to try something different, be it the juice or switching from ML to DL style.

Not witing that to seem nasty. It simply is what it is. I do not use any pod style devices and so I'm not sure I can be of further help. I'm sure those who can be will be along soon.
@MyMagicMist am glad you said something....
I read the room... thought thats odd........ throat hit?
why in da dickens would anyone wanna be vapping Harsh?
cuz am ALWAYS looking for that NICE SMOOTHHHHHHHHHH
with a kiss of YA KNOW dat something special dat makes you smile.
close the room an read in a differnt direction...

thought back ..

throat hit?​

looked it up maybe i donget da meaning....

Throat hit is that feeling of mild irritation you get at the back of your throat when you’re smoking. For smokers, it is a signal that their body is getting the nicotine that they are craving, and that that nicotine is just about to kick in.

@MyMagicMist your right Just up da nicotine..

I do not miss da days of 1/2 smoked butts from da ashtray <--to me dats
a throat hit.
harsh..

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Increasing nicotine and/or increasing PG works for increasing throat hit. Also be sure your eliquid uses freebase nic, not nic salts.

I know nothing about the Nord 4, didn't know such a thing existed. I think my Nord is a V2. I vape 35/65 PG/VG at 6 mg nic in all my devices.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Hello I have a question about the nord 4. I NEED a strong throat hit. Will this be able to give me that? Or what device do you recommend for a throat hit.
Is this your first device?
Are you using the .16 coil?
What juice ratio and mg nic are you using?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never surprises me how people suggest building advanced coils for what I assume is a beginner vaper using a POD MOD.

Thinking about the gear used did not enter into thought on my end. Seemed to me a problem requiring higher strength nicotine, instead. I saw a pod system was being used. Suspected it was someone new to vaping from the context of the problem.

Figured the simplest solution was the solution they were using. The ejuice we use is a solution. Know I get some throat hit at times using 18 mg/ml nicotine strength myself. So adding more nicotine strength seemed logical, simple enough.

As I said too, it's not always the gear at fault.

It could be the juice, user, environment, any other number of things. Start slow, simple, especially for someone new. "First you crawl, then you walk, and eventually you run."

Know you're not directing your posts at me. Simply felt compelled to offer justification for the logic I used to first respond as I did. Not that I actually need to justify, prove anything to anyone but myself.

Though at times I'm sure it is nice to understand the thinking of others. So, why not explain my reasoning if anyone is really interested? Here we are then. :)

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do not miss da days of 1/2 smoked butts from da ashtray <--to me dats
a throat hit.

Can agree, plenty from youth I don't miss. Still like a little tickle from medium to higher range nicotine though. Others don't well there's plenty of low strength nicotine juice. :)

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Can agree, plenty from youth I don't miss. Still like a little tickle from medium to higher range nicotine though. Others don't well there's plenty of low strength nicotine juice. :)
Me too, like the throat hit effect from the nic. Hate vapes that dont give it to me.
Some concentrates will smooth down its effect and some will raise it.
FW Black licorice and FA Citrus raise it a bit for me and why I love them for taste and effect. To be honest nic itself doesn't do a great deal for me. I find little difference using a vape with or without it when its low enough not to get that throat feel. I use it for that throat hit effect to be honest. Now n then I'll add a bit more nic to any mix that mutes it.
My usual is 3 mg using DTL setups. But raise to 4 mg if not getting the desired effect. When I used to smoke I didnt get why anyone would want to smoke those ultra smooth ones that you couldnt feel the inhale or exhale and it just looked like you were breathing out on a cold morning!
But we're all different, my misses tells me im very different :giggle:

VU Sponsors